Maia Mitchell Biography
Maia Mitchell is an Australian actress and singer best known for her appearance in the children's television series ‘Mortified.’ She is also popular for playing the role of Natasha Ham in the teen drama ‘Trapped.’ Interested in the performing arts from a young age, Maia actively participated in her school stage productions as a student. Eventually, she began acting in local theater productions which gave her the confidence to pursue her passion further. She was just 12 when she came to the notice of talent agents who immediately recognized her potential and cast her in the role of Brittany Flune in ‘Mortified.’ The success of the series ensured that the young girl received many other acting offers within a short span of time. After making a name for herself in the Australian television industry, Maia proceeded to make her television debut in the US with a role in the Disney Channel TV series ‘Jessie.’ Soon she ventured into films as well and made her debut in the Disney Channel Original movie ‘Teen Beach Movie,’ in which she was cast as a main character. She also contributed to the soundtrack album of the movie as a singer.
- Maia Mitchell was born in Lismore, Australia, to parents Alex and Jill. She was interested in acting, popular culture and music from a young age. She began to play the guitar while very young. She attended Trinity College, Lismore. She began her acting career by acting in school plays and local theatre productions. She was then discovered by a talent agency. She was cast in the role of Brittany Flune in the children’s television show ‘Mortified.’ This show proved to be popular and ran for two seasons. She next starred in the Australian television series ‘Trapped’ and its sequel series ‘Castaway.’ She took on the role of unarguably her best known character as Natasha Hamilton in ‘Trapped.’ She also starred in the TV series ‘K-9.’ She then shifted to the US to act in the Disney Channel TV series ‘Jesse.’She guest starred on this show with costar Debby Ryan. She went on to star in her debut film, ‘The Teen Beach Movie.’ This was a Disney channel original movie. She reprised her role in the sequel ‘Teen Beach 2.’Both these movies have been successful. She is currently acting in the ABC Family drama series ‘The Fosters.’ She plays the role of a major character named Camille Jacob.She plays the child of a bi-racial same sex couple. Her performance in this role has been praised. She has been nominated for a Teen Choice Award for her portrayal of Callie Jacob in this show. Maia Mitchell is also set to star in Elijah Bynum’s directorial debut, ‘Hot Summer Nights.’ She will act opposite TimotheeChalamet and Alex Roe. She is quite active on social media including Instagram. She has over 1.5 million followers on Instagram. She is also active on Twitter and has a large following.
- Maia Mitchell had an interest in acting from a young age and a natural talent for it. She has starred in varied roles. She is quite adaptable and energetic, bringing her vivacious presence and heartfelt performance to every role. She is a talented model and actor who is able to perform under varied conditions. She can fit into different setups and casts. Maia Mitchell is not afraid to experiment and push boundaries. She has taken on challenging roles that portray problematic families and relationships, and she has delivered a mature performance at a young age. She is down to earth and has a strong personality. At the same time she is very natural and friendly, with a warm smile that can light up the scene. She usually sports a casual but elegant style. She is at home in humorous as well as more serious roles and situations. She can act well in an outdoor setting as well as in more formal environments.She is lively and responds in a quick and emphatic way to the environment and situation. This makes her an exciting actress and performer to watch.
- She is very grateful for the opportunities and support that she has received. She is very close to her mother and has a wide but tight knit social network of colleagues and friends. She is interested in photography and fashion. She also loves singing and incorporates her musical sense into her work.
- Maia Mitchell is close to her parents. She is fully supported in her career by her family. She has a younger brother named Charlie. She is dating Rudy Mancuso. She is a big fan of AvrilLavigne and Adam Brody.
- She began acting at the age of 12.
Maia Mitchell Movies
1. The Last Summer (2019)
2. After the Dark (2013)
(Drama, Sci-Fi, Fantasy)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed