Kim Reeves Biography
Kim Reeves is a Canadian actress, who made her debut in the 1992 martial arts movie ‘Samurai Vampire Bikers from Hell.’ Kim is best known as the younger sister of the famous Hollywood star Keanu Reeves. After appearing in ‘Samurai Vampire Bikers from Hell,’ Kim wrote, produced and starred in the 2002 romantic comedy ‘Love Don't Come Easy.’ She played the role of ‘Nikki’ in the movie and her acting skills were appreciated by the critics. Kim took up the challenging role of a woman, who resists her aunt's attempts to play matchmaker in the Reebie Sullivan directed flick, which also starred Christopher Atkins in the lead. Kim’s acting career was marred by health issues, as she was diagnosed with cancer, and had to face a decade long battle with the deadly disease.
- Kim Reeves was born on September 16, 1966, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Kim had a difficult childhood, as her parents divorced when she was quite young. Her mother, Patricia Taylor, worked as a showgirl. Her father, Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr., had an inclination towards inviting trouble, drugs and alcohol.
- After her parents’ separation, Kim, along with her mother and brother, moved to Sydney and then to New York City, before settling down in Canada. She spent a majority of her childhood in Canada, before returning to the United States, owing to her acting career.
- Kim Reeves had a brief career in the field of entertainment. She made her acting debut in the 1992 martial arts movie ‘Samurai Vampire Bikers from Hell.’ She played a minor role in the film, directed by Scott Shaw.
- She then wrote, produced, and starred in the 2002 romantic comedy feature film ‘Love Don't Come Easy.’ She starred opposite Christopher Atkins in the Reebie Sullivan directed film, which became a moderate hit.
- Before Kim’s career could gain momentum, she was diagnosed with leukemia and a bitter battle with cancer ensued.
- At the time when the entire world was praising Keanu Reeves for his magnificent performance in the 1999 fantasy thriller ‘Matrix,’ Keanu was going through a difficult phase in his life as he had learnt about his beloved sister’s health issues.
- When Kim was diagnosed with leukemia, it was Keanu Reeves who took good care of her. He even donated millions of dollars towards various charity organizations, hoping for a miracle to save his sister’s life.
- After 10 years of battling cancer, Kim finally managed to emerge victorious, thanks to her determination and self-belief. Her brother too, played a crucial role in helping her overcome the dreaded disease.
- Kim’s life has been a constant struggle. Her father Samuel Nowlin Reeves, who worked as a geologist, was married to her mother from 1964 to 1966. Samuel was addicted to alcohol and drugs, and always got into trouble. His relationship with his wife, Patricia Taylor, became increasingly strained and thereafter they decided to part ways.
- Upon their parents’ separation, Kim stayed with her mother, but as her mother was involved in multiple relationships, it affected Kim emotionally.
- She never tried to reconnect with her father, who had his own problems. Samuel Nowlin Reeves Jr. later said that his sordid life and prison term caused him the love of his children. Kim became close to her brother Keanu, with whom she spent most of her childhood.
- She now leads a peaceful life and is often seen hanging around with her brother. She also has two half-sisters, namely Karina Miller and Emma Reeves.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed