Karol G Biography
Carolina Giraldo Navarro, professionally known as Karol G, is a Colombian singer and songwriter. She is known for her songs "Mi Cama", "Ahora Me Llama" and "Culpables", all of which have reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart. Born in Medellin, Colombia, Karol G has been passionate about music from childhood. Influenced by her father who is a musician, she went on to study music at University of Antioquia. Karol G’s big break came in the year 2010 when she participated in ‘El Factor X,’ Colombia's version of the reality singing competition, ‘The X Factor.’ She reached further stardom after collaborating with reggaeton singer Reykon on his single “301,” which went on to become a major hit. In 2013, the Columbian artiste released her solo single titled "Amor de Dos”. Since then, she has been attracting her fans with numerous hits, one after the other. Although Karol G has achieved her childhood dream of becoming a singing superstar, the ambitious young lady hopes to achieve a lot more in the coming future.
- In 2006, Carolina Giraldo Navarro acquired the stage name Karol G and began her music career. Four years later, she competed on ‘El Factor X,’ Colombia's version of ‘The X Factor.’ Then in 2012, she collaborated with reggaeton singer Reykon for the song "301”. A year later, Karol G released her mix tape ‘Super Single,’ which featured her solo single "Amor de Dos” with Nicky Jam, along with other songs like "Lloro Por Ti" and "Gracias a Ti". In the ensuing months, she released the singles "Ya No Te Creo" and “Manana", the latter of which featured Latin trap and reggaeton singer Andy Rivera. The music video of the song has garnered more than 100 million views on YouTube.
- Karol G, along with American singer De La Ghetto, released "Te Lo Quiero Hacer" in 2015. In March 2016, she came up with a new track from her debut studio album ‘Unstoppable,’ titled "Casi Nada" that went on to earn gold status by RIAA. She next released the songs "Muñeco De Lego" and "Hello", the latter of which became a hit. A year later, two more singles, "A Ella" and "Ahora Me Llama," from the album ‘Unstoppable’ were released.
- In 2017, the singer also released "Mi Mala". The track, which was featured on the album ‘Para Aventuras y Curiosidades,’ became a major hit and acquired gold certification. In 2018, Karol G released "Mi Mala (Remix)" with Mau y, "Mi Cama" featuring Nicky Jam, "Culpables" with Anuel AA, and "Créeme" with Maluma. That year, she also released a track titled "Dame Tu Cosita" that featured Cutty Ranks.
- Karol G was born on February 14, 1991 in Medellin, Colombia. She has a sister named Jessica. She studied at a Calasanz school and later learnt music from University of Antioquia.
- Talking about her love life, Karol G was earlier in a relationship with Chez Tom, the producer of Reykon. Currently, she is supposedly dating Columbian composer Bull Nene.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed