Karmen Pedaru is an Estonian fashion model who has experienced great success since she was quite young. At an early age, tragedy struck when she lost her mother and was raised by her grandmother. Continuing in her family's tradition, she was highly athletic and competed in several types of sports. She was discovered for modeling at age 15 and has attained great fame since then. She was signed soon after discovery and appeared in ‘Teen Vogue’ a year before making her debut on the runway. She quickly became a popular choice for designers at an international level and subsequently made a large initial appearance in her first ‘New York Fashion Week’ with over 40 designers choosing her to walk their shows. She has been a favorite among the editorials and has made numerous appearances in magazines as well. Several prestigious brands have selected her to model in advertorials and she has even become the face of popular designer Michael Kors' collection. She continues to model editorially and on runways and has made an appearance in the ‘Victoria's Secret Fashion Show’. She has attained the rank of supermodel and enjoys the preference of several esteemed brands. She currently lives in Rome and is married.
- She was born on May 10, 1990 in Kehra, Estonia. Her mother died when she was five and her grandmother took over raising her.From age six, she followed in the footsteps of her family's athletic legacy - her father had been an athlete and her grandfather had played professional basketball. She was involved in a wide variety of sports including basketball, football and handball and eventually was goalkeeper for Estonia's national football team.She was 15 when she was discovered as a model while attending a play with her grandmother at a theater in Tallinn.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- She was discovered for modeling when she was 15 years old in Taillinn. In 2006, she was signed with ‘Next Models’ agency and soon after appeared in ‘Teen Vogue’.At 17, she made her debut on the fashion runway representing Christopher Kane. She also walked fashion shows in Milan.In 2007, she appeared in ‘Louis Vuitton's’ Paris runway show. The following year, she was a smash hit at ‘New York Fashion Week’ where she walked for 43 designers, including big names like Marc Jacobs and Donna Karan.In 2010, she opened for ‘Michael Kors’, ‘D&G’, and ‘Salvatore Ferragamo’ and closed for several other designers during their spring collection fashion shows.Her performance in 2008 at ‘New York Fashion Week’ as well as her subsequent appearances cemented her stellar career as a runway model and, through the years, she has continued to walk for runway shows globally for many high fashion names like ‘Chanel’, ‘Christian Dior’, ‘D&G’, ‘Louis Vuitton’, ‘Versace’, among many others.She has been selected as the face of many advertorial campaigns including ‘Derek Lam’, ‘Emporio Armani’, ‘Salvatore Ferrgamo’, ‘Gucci’ and ‘Ralph Lauren’.She started representing the ‘Michael Kors’ brand in 2011. Her association with the brand continues to date.The same year, she modeled two outfits in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and appeared on the covers of Numero and Harper's Bazaar. Also in 2011, she appeared in several couture shows in Paris.Throughout the years, she has maintained a presence in the editorials of several popular publications including ‘Vogue’, ‘Elle’ and many other magazines. Recent covers include ‘Vogue Germany’, ‘W Magazine’ and ‘Numero’.Continue Reading BelowIn 2013, she joined modeling agency ‘IMG’ and was soon after featured on two ‘Vogue’ covers.Most recently, in 2015, she was selected to lead the ‘Free the People’ ad campaign.Major Works
- Since 2011, she has been the face and muse of the popular ‘Michael Kors’ brand and featured in the designer's runway shows as well as advertorial campaigns.She has appeared prominently in editorials and on the covers of numerous magazines including ‘Harper's Bazaar’, ‘Elle’, ‘V Magazine’, ‘W Magazine’ and ‘Vogue’.In 2014, she appeared as a part of the critically acclaimed ‘W Magazine’ cover with 11 other supermodels including Kate Moss, Lara Stone, Daria Werbowy, Raquel Zimmerman, among others.Awards & Achievements
- She is listed among the Top 10, 2015 ‘Industry Icons’ and ‘Money Girls’ lists on Models.com. The site is an online portal which acts as a platform for aspiring models to present their portfolio.Personal Life & Legacy
- She is married to Riccardo Ruini, creative director of REM agency. They currently do not have any children.She prides herself on not mixing her professional career and life, keeping business out of her personal relationships.Trivia
- In her Victoria's Secret Fashion Show debut, this famous model wore two outfits, one of which had wings.This famous model was an avid athlete at a young age and represented Estonia on a national level football team as goalkeeper.This famous personality has several tattoos, a tribute to her mother, song lyrics, her husband's name and an Albert Einstein formula.This famous model is a size 10 shoe and is known for her striking green eyes.This acclaimed model enjoys painting but does not show her work because she doesn't think it is good.
How To CiteArticle Title- Karmen Pedaru BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/karmen-pedaru-5751.phpLast Updated- November 06, 2017
People Also Viewed