Jeon Hye-bin is an actress, singer, and model from South Korea. She started her career as a singer in 2002 by joining a girl band called, ‘LUV,’ which was disbanded after a year. She then turned her attention towards acting and made her debut appearance in the hit TV series, ‘Sang Doo! Let’s Go to School.’ She achieved major success after the release of ‘In My Fantasy,’ which was her second album. The album became the talk of the town, mainly because of the song, ‘2 AM.’ In 2006, she became the CEO of an online fashion store called ‘ByHeaven.’ She even doubled up as a model for ‘ByHeaven.’ She was then made the brand ambassador of ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation’ in South Korea. She has appeared in quite a few TV shows including ‘On Air’ (2008), ‘Yaksha’ (2010), ‘Queen Insoo’ (2011), ‘My Love By My Side’ (2011) and ‘Queen of the Office’ (2013).
- Jeon was born on September 27, 1983, in Namyangju, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.She was enrolled at Kyewon Arts High School. She then went to Dongguk University to study Drama and Visual Studies.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Early Career
- Jeon began her career in 2002 as one of the members of a South Korean girl band named ‘LUV.’ After a year, the group was disbanded as its members decided to go their separate ways.Before disbanding, the band did succeed at releasing its first album ‘Story.’ The band even performed its song ‘Orange Girl’ at many shows. ‘LUV’ was compared with bands like ‘S.E.S,’ which proves that the band had the potential to become one of the successful bands in Korea.After leaving the group, Jeon Hye-bin released her debut solo album, ‘Love Somebody’ in July 2003. Since the album couldn’t go on to become a success, Jeon turned her attention towards acting.Recommended Lists:
- She appeared as herself in MBC network’s ‘Nonstop 3.’ She was also seen in KBS2 hit series, ‘Sang Doo! Let’s Go to School.’In 2004, Jeon made her big screen debut in a horror flick titled ‘Dead Friend.’ In 2005, she was seen in an important role in ‘Wet Dreams 2.’ She played one of the four high school girls in the film.In 2005, she appeared in 13 episodes of the SBS mini-drama series ‘Banjun Drama.’ She also appeared as Cha Soo-jae in SBS’s ‘Only You.’On September 23, 2005, she released her second album, ‘In My Fantasy,’ which became a hit, thanks to her seductive dance moves in ‘2 AM,’ one of the tracks from her album. Her moves were highly criticized, but it contributed to the album’s success.Continue Reading BelowIn 2006, she appeared in ‘Heroine 6’ – a popular segment in the variety show, ‘Happy Sunday.’ In 2007, she appeared in SBS’s TV shows, ‘Witch Yoo Hee’ and ‘The King and I.’In 2008, she appeared in ‘The Scale of Providence,’ which was again aired on SBS. She also made a cameo appearance in the third episode of ‘On Air.’In 2009, she played the role of Lee Hwa-ran in KBS2’s ‘He Who Can’t Marry.’ In the same year, she worked in another show titled ‘Hometown Legends: Fox with Nine Tails.’In 2010, she acted in ‘Yaksha,’ a series that finally established Jeon as a successful actress. She also became one of the most sought-after actresses after appearing in ‘Yaksha.’In 2011, she was cast in the series ‘Queen Insoo’ in which she played the role of Queen Jeheon.In 2013, she appeared in the KBS2 drama series, ‘The Queen of Office.’ She also became a part of a variety show called ‘Law of the Jungle.’ In the same year, she became a cast member of a reality television show called ‘Beating Hearts,’ in which celebrities are trained hard to become firefighters.In 2014, she appeared in KBS2 drama ‘Gunman in Joseon.’ The drama was quite successful with decent ratings.Continue Reading BelowShe also made a cameo appearance in the 20th episode of ‘Healer.’ In 2015, she became a part of another reality show called ‘The Racer.’ Jeon used the show to exhibit her love for cars and races. She then became the MC of a fashion show called ‘Beauty Station the Show.’In 2016, she starred in a movie titled ‘With or Without You.’ In the movie, she played the role of U Yeon-i. She then bagged another starring role in the movie ‘The Legend of a Mermaid’ in which she played the role of an athlete.In the same year, she went on to appear in another movie titled ‘Luck Key.’ She also appeared in a couple of television series including ‘Another Oh Hae-young.’ Next, she was cast in the MBC network’s ‘Woman with a Suitcase’ which narrates the story of a lawyer.In 2017, she became a part of another TV series titled ‘Falsify’ in which she played a reporter.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Other Works
- In 2003, Jeon released a dance video for her fans. In the video, she was seen teaching different dance forms like Latin, Pop, Hip-hop, etc. She also released a video in which she had sketched out a diet plan for her fans.In 2008, Jeon made her stage debut in a play based on Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet.’ She found her way back to the stage in 2009 as she enacted a role in a play called ‘Singles.’On June 27, 2011, Jeon released a book titled, ‘Heaven’s Stylish Body,’ which is about an intensive diet plan that she follows. She also released another book called ‘Stylish Body Fitness Program.’ On April 25, 2012, she launched an iPad diet app.In October 2011, she participated in the ‘Nike: We Run Seoul 10k.’She has also modelled for magazines like ‘InStyle’ and ‘Arena.’ She has made appearances in music videos like ‘Flip Reverse’ by Jang Woo-hyuk, ‘Living a Day in Winter’ by Brian Joo, ‘Do You Know’ by Someday, and ‘I Want to Live with Her’ by UV.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- In 2011, she won the Special Award for Cable TV for her work in ‘Yaksha.’ She bagged the award at the 4th Korea Drama Awards.In 2012, she won the Best Dressed award at the 1st K-Drama Star Awards.In 2014, she received a nomination for her performance in ‘Gunman in Joseon’ at the KBS Drama Awards.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Personal Life
- Jeon Hye-bin dated her ‘Gunman in Joseon’ co-star, Lee Joon-gi, in 2014. After dating for a couple of years, they broke up in April 2017.
How To CiteArticle Title- Jeon Hye-bin BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/jeon-hye-bin-35245.phpLast Updated- January 23, 2018
People Also Viewed