J Hus Biography
Momodou Jallow, also known as J Hus, is an English rapper and singer, who gained prominence in 2015 when his single ‘Dem Boy Paigon’ became a massive hit in the United Kingdom. His popularity increased in 2017 when he came up with another single titled ‘Did You See,’ which broke into the top 10 of ‘UK Singles Chart.’ His debut album ‘Common Sense,’ which was released on May 12, 2017, became a massive success. While it was placed sixth on the ‘UK Albums Chart,’ it claimed the third spot on the ‘iTunes chart.’ J Hus has collaborated with the likes of Stormzy, Ghetts, Burna Boy, and MoStack. He is also a social media star with thousands of followers on his official Instagram and Twitter accounts. Starting from a humble background, J Hus has gone on to achieve success in the field of music.
- J Hus was born on May 26, 1996, in Stratford, London, England. He was raised by his mother, who is of Gambian origin. J Hus grew up listening to his mother and stepfather as they would often play African music and songs sung by the popular Jamaican singer, Beenie Man.J Hus had a difficult childhood as he would often run into trouble. He attended ‘Eastlea Community School,’ but was expelled from his school at 15. He then started selling marked-up doughnuts in a nearby playground. He later said in an interview that he would purchase a pack of doughnuts from ‘Morrisons’ and would later sell each of those doughnuts for 50p. Since 50p was the price of the entire pack, J Hus made loads of money by selling his doughnuts.J Hus started making music with the hope of starting a new lease of life. He wanted to bury his past and start things all over again. Supported by his childhood friends, who wanted him to change his ways, J Hus started recording several freestyles and posted them on various social media platforms.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- J Hus had a decent start to his musical career as his single ‘Dem Boy Paigon,’ which was produced by his friends, became a massive hit on the internet. The song caught the attention of many and had the critics raving about it.He released another single titled ‘No Lie’ and then collaborated with a musical artist named MoStack to release their ‘Westwood Crib Session’ in March 2015. In May 2015, he came up with a song video titled ‘Lean & Bop,’ which too became a huge hit.He followed ‘Lean & Bop’ up with his maiden mixtape, ‘The 15th Day.’ In 2016, he released another single named ‘Friendly,’ which was positively received by the critics. J Hus became a household name in England as many of his songs like ‘Liar Liar,’ ‘Playing Sports,’ and ‘Solo One’ became hugely popular among music lovers. In fact, ‘Solo One’ was used in the soundtrack of the British drama film, ‘Brotherhood.’In 2017, he released his debut album ‘Common Sense,’ which had a hit track titled ‘Did You See.’ The album, which featured artists like Tiggs da Author, MIST, Burna Boy, and MoStack, was received positively by fans as well as critics.Recommended Lists:
- J Hus is friends with many musical artists, and collaborated with many of them. After releasing ‘Westwood Crib Session’ along with MoStack, he once again collaborated with the ‘High Street Kid’ while working on his debut album, ‘Common Sense.’In 2017, he was featured in a song titled ‘High Roller,’ which was part of Courtney Freckleton’s (Nines) debut studio album, ‘One Foot Out.’ J Hus was also featured in ‘Bad Boys,’ a song from Stormzy's debut studio album, ‘Gang Signs & Prayer.’ ‘Bad Boys’ had claimed the 22nd spot on the ‘UK Singles Chart.’He was then featured by David Orobosa Omoregie in a song titled ‘Samantha,’ which claimed the 63rd spot on the ‘UK Singles Chart.’ For his debut studio album, J Hus worked closely with artists like Tiggs da Author, MIST, Burna Boy, and MoStack. J Hus has also worked with labels, such as ‘GRM Music.’ He is currently signed to ‘Black Butter Records,’ which is now a part of ‘Sony Music Entertainment.’Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- His 2016 released single ‘Friendly,’ received a nomination at the 2016 ‘MOBO Awards.’ In 2017, his debut studio album ‘Common Sense’ was nominated for the prestigious ‘Mercury Prize’ under the category, ‘Album Award.’ In 2018, the album won the ‘VO5 NME Award’ under the ‘Best Album’ category.In the same year, ‘Common Sense’ was also nominated at the prestigious ‘Brit Awards’ under the ‘British Album of the Year’ category. J Hus also received a couple of other nominations at ‘Brit Awards.’ While his single ‘Did You See’ was nominated under ‘British Single of the Year,’ he himself was nominated under the ‘British Breakthrough Act’ category.His debut album performed extremely well across the United Kingdom. While it was placed sixth on the ‘UK Albums Chart,’ it claimed the third spot on the ‘iTunes chart.’ The album featured many hit songs like ‘Bouff Daddy,’ ‘Spirit,’ and ‘Common Sense,’ but ‘Did You See’ made him more popular as it was placed ninth and third on the ‘UK Singles Chart’ and ‘UK R&B Singles Chart’ respectively.Personal Life
- When Momodou Jallow was exploring his stage name options, he had no hesitation zeroing in on ‘J Hus’ as he was known to be a hustler in his younger days. He was quite notorious in his teenage years and called himself ‘doughnut hustler’ as he used to sell marked-up doughnuts.In September 2015, J Hus was stabbed five times in London. He once again made headlines for wrong reasons when he posted a photograph on Instagram, which had him making gang signs, even as he was lying on the hospital bed. He later said that he was just a part of a group of friends that frequently got into trouble.He was imprisoned in 2014 and again in 2015 for crimes committed earlier. During his prison stint, he got to watch a lot of songs performed by Nigerian musician D'banj. He was also exposed to ‘Gangnam Style,’ which was played regularly in the prison.He is a huge fan of American rapper 50 Cent. In fact, 50 Cent’s songs helped him break away from his past and start life afresh. In one of his recent interviews, he admitted that he had a bad temper, which made him do things that he normally wouldn’t do. He claims to be a changed man now and is looking forward to having a peaceful career ahead.J Hus is active on social media as he often posts pictures and videos on platforms like Instagram and Twitter. While his Twitter page has more than 244,000 followers, his Instagram account has more than 534,000 followers.
How To CiteArticle Title- J Hus BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/j-hus-40848.phpLast Updated- May 18, 2018
People Also Viewed