Edwin Onokhua Biography
Edwin Onokhua is an English comedian turned rapper. Professionally known as EO, he began his career as a vlogger before switching to music and scoring a Top 40 hit with his debut single "German”. He garnered further success with the collaborative hit "Baddest" which peaked at #91 on the UK official chart. As a YouTuber, his channel ‘eocrossover’ has earned more than 230k subscribers. Born in London, England, Onokhua credits his success to his fans who encouraged him to do something really serious. From a being a novice comedian on YouTube to becoming one of the quickest rising rappers in the country, he has come a long way. Onokhua is undoubtedly a multitalented personality. Besides being a comedian, rapper and social media personality, he is also a talented basketball player. With his unbeatable rapping skills and incredible passion for music, Onokhua is sure to reach newer heights in the future.
- Edwin Onokhua created his channel ‘eocrossover’ on September 9, 2016. His first video was a comedy skit titled "Ola Listens To "Gentleman" SL @MixtapeMadness". On June 4, 2017, he came up with an extremely funny parody video titled “African Boy Sings Depacito To His Crush-Rejected”. This parody video was found to be quite interesting by his audience and it went on to earn millions of views. The popularity of this video urged Onokhua to develop more such videos and he eventually came up with "African Boy Raps Like MIGOS", “African Dad Sings Wild Thoughts - DJ Khaled Ft. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller," and "African Kid covers ‘Bank Account’ - 21 Savage". All these rapping cum comedic videos earned moderate numbers of views, shares and likes.
- In 2018, Edwin Onokhua released his debut single titled "German”. The heavily auto-tuned grime/ cloud rap/ hybrid was later released on streaming services by Columbia Records, eventually garnering millions of plays. The song later reached #30 on the official UK charts and was subsequently certified platinum by BPI. In July 2018, Onokhua collaborated with social media star Amelia Monet for the track "Baddest". Just like his debut hit, this song was also a success and reached #91 on the official UK charts.
- To date, Edwin Onokhua has earned much success both as a comedian and rapper. In 2018, he earned the title of 'Artist of the Week' from Apple Music and was also chosen as artist of the day by the Urban Music Awards. As a YouTuber, he has accumulated over 230k subscribers on his channel. His two most popular videos, titled "EO - Cold World [Freestyle]" and "BIG SHAQ - MANS Not Hot (Diss Track)," are definitely worth-watching.
- Edwin Onokhua was born on June 22, 2001 in London, England. He is of Nigerian descent. He grew up playing basketball and the piano.
- Talking about his love life, Onokhua had a brief relationship with Amelia Monet in 2018. Monet is a British social media sensation who has gained immense popularity for her glamorous selfies, makeup tips, and fashion vlogs. She has earned over 420k followers on her Instagram.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed