Han Ji-min Biography
Nationality: South Korean
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: Heukseok-dong, Dongjak District,Seoul, South Korea
Famous as: Actress
City: Seoul, South Korea
education: Seoul Women's University - Social Welfare
Han Ji-min is a South Korean actress, best known for her role in the revenge TV series ‘Resurrection’ in 2005. She has appeared in many other television series as well and has made her name in the show business. Han has also acted in a number of films since her debut in 2005. A very popular name among the television audiences today, Han had actually never aspired to be an actress in her early life! Interestingly, she ended up not only being one but also became a very popular household name and won numerous awards in her career. Han has featured in some of the most popular productions in the South Korean television and film industry like ‘Resurrection’, ‘Blue Swallow ‘, ‘Capital Scandal’ and ‘Rooftop Prince’. She won the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ award at the 37th Golden Cinema Festival for her role in the film ‘The Age of Shadows’ in 2017.
- Han Ji-min was still in high school when she entered the show business. She worked in numerous commercial films as well as featured in many music videos. In 2003 she got the opportunity to work in the television drama ‘All In’; the show was an instant hit and her work was praised by the audience. Later in that year, she appeared in another Korean drama show ‘Dae Jang Geum’. The success of both these shows made her think about her acting career seriously as she was not that sure about being an actor before. As the praises poured in, she decided to continue her career in the show business.
- Two years later in 2005, Han received the biggest break of her career till then. She got the chance to act in the critically acclaimed mania drama ‘Resurrection’. This show cemented her image as a skilled actress as her performance was widely recognized by the fans and the critics. She won the ‘Best New Actress’ and the ‘Best Couple Award’ at the KBS Drama Awards in 2005. The same year brought Han her very first role in a movie. She played a very challenging role of a tomboy with a dream of becoming a pilot one day in the film ‘Blue Swallow,’ thus making her film debut. She was nominated for the ‘Best New Actress’ at the 43rd Grand Bell Awards.
- Over the coming years Han continued working on television shows as well as in films and kept winning various awards. She appeared in ‘Capital Scandal’ as a straitlaced resistance fighter and later as a royal concubine in the historical drama ‘Yi San’. Both these drama shows earned her four awards at the KBS Drama Awards and MBC Drama Awards.
- After several popular works in the film industry and in television shows like ‘Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow’ and ‘Padam Padam... The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats,’ she starred in ‘Rooftop Prince’. This drama was about a ‘Joseon-era’ prince who time-travels to the 21st century to meet his dead beloved's doppelganger. The popularity of the show earned Han a huge fan base in Japan and won her six awards at various award shows. She was recently featured on many popular shows including ‘Hyde, Jekyll, Me’, ‘Dramaworld’ and ‘Jealousy Incarnate’.
- Han Ji-min was born on November 5, 1982, in Seoul, South Korea. She graduated with a major in Social Welfare from the Seoul Women's University. Han is a very active volunteer worker and raises funds for various charities through the relief organization ‘Join Together Society’. She mentioned about the experience of her spending time in a deep mountain village in the Philippines helping at a village school in her own book titled ‘We’re Already Friends: Han Ji-min's Philippines Donation Book’, which she wrote in 2009. She was designated as a goodwill ambassador of the ‘United Nations Environment Programme’ for her philanthropic works in various fields.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed