Elizabeth Jagger Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Elizabeth Scarlett Lizzy Jagger, Elizabeth Scarlett Jagger
Born in: New York, New York
Famous as: Model
father: Mick Jagger
mother: Jerry Hall
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Ibstock Place School
Elizabeth Jagger is an American–English lobbyist, model, and actor, better known as the elder daughter of rockstar Mick Jagger and his second wife, Jerry Hall. Mick has eight children from both his marriages and several relationships and has been fond of all of them. Born in New York, Elizabeth spent most of her initial years touring around with her parents. Born into a privileged family had her leading a comfortable early life, full of attention. She was always interested in modeling and walked the runway for the first time at the age of 14. In 2002, she had a major breakthrough when she was signed as the face for cosmetic brand ‘Lancôme.’ Since then, she has modeled for brands such as ‘Mango,’ ‘Wrangler,’ and ‘Gap.’ In addition, Elizabeth is also a prominent women’s rights activist and has successfully promoted the ‘Equal Rights Amendment’ in Illinois in 2018. She has also appeared in films such as ‘Igby Goes Down’ and ‘Arena.’ She has also been featured in the Mick Jagger documentary ‘Being Mick.’
- Elizabeth Scarlett Jagger was born on March 2, 1984, in New York City, US, to Mick Jagger and his second wife, Jerry Hall. She is one of the eight children of ‘The Rolling Stones’ star Mick Jagger, who is known for his relationships with many women over the years. Her mother, Jerry Hall, was a popular model.
- Mick and Jerry were never quite married legally, but they did have an unofficial marriage ceremony. Elizabeth was born in New York in the middle of a ‘Rolling Stones’ tour. She moved to London shortly after, where she spent most of her adolescent years. Her childhood was never restricted to a single place, and when she was not touring with her father, she was traveling with her model mother.
- She became aware of her mother’s glamorous profession when she was 4 years old. She reportedly accompanied her mother to a ‘Chanel’ shoot. She got influenced by it and started experimenting with makeup and dresses.
- Her father was mostly away on tours, but whenever he came back home, he spent quality time with Elizabeth. He is also known to be quite a controlling man and was not happy when Elizabeth told him she wanted to pursue modeling. He was not in favor of Elizabeth modeling before she turned an adult.
- She was discovered by a modeling agent at a mall at the age of 13. The scout did not know who her parents were. He was surprised when he found out about them. Elizabeth started modeling around the same time.
- Elizabeth started modeling for brands at the age of 14. She walked the runway for the first time in 1998, at a show organized by famous designer Theirry Mugler. It was her first experience with full-fledged modeling, and she found it fascinating.
- During Mick Jagger’s 1999 ‘Babylon Tour,’ she sang back-up vocals along with her younger sister, Georgia May Jagger.
- In 1999, she delivered a guest appearance in the documentary film ‘Being Mick.’ The film was based on her father, Mick, and many members of her family gave interviews in it, talking about how Mick was as a father and a husband.
- In 2002, she got a huge modeling break when she was signed as the face of the popular cosmetic range ‘Lancôme’ for its LCM range. ‘Lancôme’ is a popular French luxury perfume and cosmetic line from the ‘L'Oréal’ family that has signed the biggest models and actors in the past to promote its products. Hence, it was a huge break for Elizabeth.
- Elizabeth once said that she had always been skinny and that she had lost quite a few important jobs in the early 2000s because of her thin frame.
- In 2005, she was hired to be the face of famous Spanish fashion chain ‘Mango.’
- In early 2013, she was chosen as the face of the ‘New Skinny Lingerie Campaign.’ Later that year, she starred in an advertisement campaign for ‘Wrangler’ jeans.
- In the more recent years, she has campaigned for apparel brands such as ‘Redken’ and ‘Gap.’ In 2016, she modeled for ‘Tommy Hilfiger.’ In 2018, she walked the ramp for French designer Sonia Rykiel.
- In 2016, she appeared in a ‘Vogue Italia’ editorial.
- She has also appeared with many of her family members on the cover ‘Style,’ a fashion magazine of ‘The Sunday Times.’
- She has had a brief stint with acting. In 2002, she made her acting debut with the film ‘Igby Goes Down,’ playing a small role in it. In 2014, she appeared in a small role in the TV series ‘Love Advent’
- She appeared as herself in the documentary films ‘Arena’ and ‘The South Bank Show.’ She has openly expressed her contempt with Hollywood, saying that she believes it is a fake world and that she does not belong there.
- Elizabeth Jagger has been a lifelong feminist and has been fighting for equal rights for women since her early 20s. More recently, she has been associated with the ‘Equal Rights Amendment’ bill. She sent many letters to Washington, DC to get the bill passed nationally. She urged her followers to try and pass the bill in their respective states. The campaign she ran was instrumental in the ‘Equal Rights Amendment’ getting passed in Illinois in 2018.
- Elizabeth Jagger has dated Sean Lennon, son of legendary musician John Lennon, in the past.
- She has had a string of boyfriends in her teenage years. She claims her father was conscious about the decisions her daughters made with regard to their romantic lives. He did not like his children having relationships without his approval.
- She has dated Michael Wincott, Damien Van Zyl, Alex Dellal, and Paul Avion in the past.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed