Eijaz Khan Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Born Country: India
Born in: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Famous as: Actor
City: Hyderabad, India
education: Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School
awards: 2005 · Kkavyanjali - Indian Telly Award for Best Onscreen Couple
2006 · Kkavyanjali - STAR Parivaar Award for Favourite Hottest Jodi
2005 · Kkavyanjali - STAR Parivaar Award for Favourite Yogya Jodi
Eijaz Khan is an Indian actor, known for his work on television as well as on the big screen. He has played the leading role in the TV serial ‘Yeh Moh Moh Ke Dhaagey’, as well as other serials like ‘Laut Aao Trisha’, and ‘Tara from Satara’. He has also acted in several films such as ‘Meerabai Not Out’, ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ and ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’. He has also appeared in a few web series such as ‘City of Dreams’, which aired on the Hotstar. He has won several awards throughout his career, which include two Garv Indian TV Awards, Zee Gold Award, and the Indian Telly Award.
- Eijaz Khan made his acting debut with a minor role in the 1999 action drama film ‘Thakshak’. He next had a supporting role in the 2002 action romantic film ‘Maine Dil Tujhko Diya’. In 2003, he was seen in the songs of two movies ‘Zameen’, and ‘Kuch Na Kaho’.
- Eijaz Khan began his TV career with a supporting role in the Indian soap opera ‘Kahiin to Hoga’, between 2003 and 2004. The serial was based on the famous novel by Jane Austen ‘Pride and Prejudice’. He continued to appear in several TV serials, in main roles as well as supporting roles. Some of his works include ‘Kkoi Dil Mein Hai’ between 2004 and 2005, ‘Kesar’ in 2004 and 2005, ‘Kasamh Se’ in 2007, and ‘Bhabhi’ between 2007 and 2008.
- In 2007, he had a minor role in the Hindi film ‘Just Married’, which was directed by Meghna Gulzar. He next played Dr. Arjun Awasthi, a supporting character in the 2008 film ‘Meerabai Not Out’.
- In 2011, he was seen in the romantic drama film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’, in the supporting role of Jassi Gill. The film did quite well at the box office earning over 60 crores on a budget of 19 crores. It was met with mixed to positive reviews. The same year, he was also seen in the Telugu film ‘Dhada’. In 2013, he played Ombir Singh, a supporting character in ‘Zilla Ghaziabad’, a political action thriller. The film starred popular actors like Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi, Arshad Warsi and Paresh Rawal.
- Meanwhile, he also continued to play important roles in television as well, in serials such as ‘Saas Bina Sasural’, in 2012, ‘Encounter’ in 2014, ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ in 2014 and 2015, ‘Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hain’ in 2016, and ‘Yeh Moh Moh Ke Dhaagey’ in 2017.
- His first lead role in a feature film was in ‘Lucky Kabootar’, a 2014 romantic comedy film. In 2015, he reprised his role of Jassi Gill in the romantic comedy film ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’, which is the sequel to the 2011 film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’. In 2016, he had a supporting role in the political thriller film ‘Shorgul’.
- In 2019, he was seen in the comedy drama film ‘Upstarts’. The same year, he appeared in three web series as well. They included ‘Halala’, which aired on Ullu App, ‘Mayanagari-City of Dreams’ which aired on Hotstar’, and ‘Bhram’ which aired on Zee5.
- Eijaz Khan was born on 28th August 1975, in Hyderabad, India. He has two siblings. His parents separated when he was only three. He did his schooling at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School in Chembur, Mumbai. Later, he pursued his higher studies at Datta Meghe College of Engineering from where he earned a degree in engineering. He is currently unmarried. He is known to have dated a Canadian singer named Natalie Di Luccio.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed