Cezanne Khan Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born Country: India
Born in: Mumbai, India
Famous as: Actor
father: Rais Khan
mother: Tasnim Khan
siblings: Suhail Khan
education: M.M.K. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
Cezanne Khan is an Indian television actor who came into the limelight for his role of the protagonist 'Anurag Basu' on Balaji Telefilms’ 'Kasautii Zindagi Kay' opposite Shweta Tiwari. He has played many critically acclaimed roles on Pakistani shows as well. Born into a Muslim family in Mumbai, Maharashtra, to renowned Pakistani sitarist Ustad Rais Khan and interior designer Tasnim, Cezanne Khan grew up alongside a brother. He attended a boarding school at Barnes in Nashik and later graduated from M.M.K. College of Commerce & Economics. Khan started modeling in college and then started performing on stage before eventually landing his debut television acting role in Zee TV’s ‘Hasratein’ in 1997. In the ensuing years, he acted in various dramas, commercials, and music videos. Although he hasn’t worked on Indian television for a long time now, he is still remembered by many as “Anurag Basu,” the character that initially made him a star.
- Cezanne Khan made his acting debut in 1997 when he played the role of Yogesh in Zee TV’s ‘Hasratein’. Based on Late Shri Jaywant Dalvi’s Marathi novel "Adhantari", the drama focused on extra-marital relationships. The series ran for 208 episodes and featured Seema Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Neha Pendse, Mrinal Kulkarni, and Harsh Chhaya in lead roles. Soon after, Khan was cast in Neena Gupta's ‘Palchhin’. The title song of the series 'Koi atka hua hai pal shayad' was written and sung by the legendary Gulzar and Jagjit Singh, respectively. In 2001, he got to play the role of Viren in Balaji Telefilms' ‘Kalirein’ that premiered on DD Metro. This was followed by a minor role in B.R.Films' ‘Dushman’.
- The year 2001 proved to be a turning point in Khan’s career. Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms cast him in the role of Anurag Basu opposite Shweta Tiwari in 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay'. Also starring Ronit Roy and Urvashi Dholakia in lead roles, the show explored the love story of Anurag and Prerna, characters who remain separated throughout their lives due to circumstances and are united only in death. ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ that ran on Star Plus became immensely popular. It went on to become the third longest-running drama series in Indian television history.
- After ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay,’ Khan appeared on Sony TV’s ‘Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat’ and ‘Hum do Hain Na’ in 2003 and 2004, respectively. He next featured in the TV show ‘Piya Kay Ghar Jana Hai’. In 2007, the actor was cast as Dr Dhruv Modi in ‘Ek Ladki Anjaani Si’, a show in which he portrayed a successful but arrogant neurosurgeon. In 2009, Khan starred in NDTV Imagine’s ‘Seeta Aur Geeta’.
- During his career, Khan also did several commercials for various brands, including Dabur. In addition, he featured in a few music videos like “Yaad Piya Ki” and Pakistani serials such as 'Gulnaar Bano' and 'Silsilay Chahat Ke'.
- Cezanne Khan was born on December 28, 1977, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, to sitarist Ustad Rais Khan and Tasnim, an interior designer. He has a brother named Suhail Khan; he is a singer and a sitar player. Named after the French painter Paul Cézanne, Khan was educated at a boarding school at Barnes. He later earned his bachelor’s degree from M.M.K. College of Commerce & Economics.
- Taking about his love life, Khan got engaged to Pakistani pilot Naushin Rehman in 2011. However, the couple later parted ways as they could not deal with the pressures of their long-distance relationship. Earlier, he had reportedly dated his ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ costars Shweta Tiwari and Geetanjali Tikekar.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed