Carly Patterson Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Carly Patterson Caldwell, Carly Rae Patterson, Harley Davidson
Born in: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Famous as: Singer, Former Artistic Gymnast
Spouse/Ex-: Mark Caldwel
father: Ricky Patterson
mother: Natalie Patterson
siblings: Jordan Patterson (sister)
City: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
U.S. State: Louisiana
education: Collin College (2014), Texas Woman's University (2014)
Carly Patterson, also known as Carly Patterson Caldwell, is an American singer and former artistic gymnast. She came into prominence after becoming the all-around champion in the 2004 Olympics. Apart from this, she has won several tournaments and cups. Today, Patterson is a retired gymnast who is a member of the USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame. The multi-faceted young lady is also a singer who has released the album titled ‘Back to the Beginning’ as well as several singles, such as ‘Time to Wake Up’, ‘Temporary Life’, ‘Lost in Me’ and ‘Here I Am’, to name a few. Besides this, she has been featured on the reality competition show ‘Celebrity Duets’. Patterson has also done a cameo in the movie ‘Stick It’ alongside Jeff Bridges, Missy Peregrym and Vanessa Lengies. Currently, the singer cum ex- gymnast is living with her husband and enjoying her pregnancy. She is all set to deliver a baby in October 2017.
- Carly Patterson began training in gymnastics in 1994. She took part in the Top Gym Tournament that was held in Belgium in 2000 and won the bronze medal in balance beam and silver in the all-around. Then after becoming U.S. junior national all-around champion, she started her senior career. In the year 2003, Patterson won the American cup. However, she couldn’t make it to the 2003 U.S. National Championships because of her elbow injury.
- After this, she successfully competed in the World Gymnastics Championships that were held in California. There, she received the all-around silver medal and became the first American woman to win a medal in a World Championship all-around since 1994. Patterson once again won the all-around in the 2004 American Cup. She then took part in that year’s Olympic Games and won the all-around gold medal. Later on, the star gymnast was diagnosed with several back problems, due to which she was forced to retire from her career.
- In 2005, Carly Patterson announced that she had signed a contract with Papa Joe's Records. She worked with singer and writer Chris Megert and they together wrote and produced the songs ‘Lost in Me’ and ‘Time to Wake Up’. The following year, she joined the show ‘Celebrity Duets,’ a reality competition show that teamed up non-singing celebrities with professional singers.
- Then in 2008, the former gymnast collaborated with MusicMind Records and released her single titled ‘Temporary Life’. Her debut album named ‘Back to the Beginning’ came out after that. On February 19, 2009, Patterson released her single titled ‘Time to Wake Up’ on iTunes. Soon after this, her song ‘Here I Am’ got featured on the 2nd season of the TV series ‘Make It or Break It’. Patterson also made a cameo in the 2016 movie ‘Stick It’ alongside Jeff Bridges, Missy Peregrym and Vanessa Lengies.
- Carly Patterson was born as Carly Rae Patterson on February 4, 1988 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, to parents Ricky and Natalie Patterson. She has a sister named Jordan. Patterson got married to strategy consultant Mark Caldwell in 2012. Two years later, she earned her bachelor's degree from the Texas Woman's University. Currently, she is expecting her first child whom she is all set to deliver in October 2017.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed