Bryan Tanaka Biography
Bryan Tanaka is an American choreographer and dancer. He is best recognized as the ex-boyfriend of popular singer, Mariah Carey, with whom he has been in an on-and-off relationship. As a dancer, he is known for his work with Beyoncé and has also graced the stage with Carey and Rihanna. Tanaka has also worked as an actor and model. Dashing and not shy of the spotlight, he is frequently seen mingling with Hollywood celebrities, attending parties and award functions. Having started his career at the age of 18, today Tanaka has earned a name for himself. He is regarded as a role model by many young dancers in the industry. His impeccable choreography skills and unique dance steps are what make him standout from the rest. Tanaka is a classy and multi-talented man. Professionally trained in martial arts, he is a black belt holder in Tae Kwan Do.
- Bryan Tanaka started his professional dance career at the age of 18. His first appearance was on HBO’s ‘Entourage’. He then served as a backup dancer for R&B singer Beyoncé. In 2006, he joined Mariah Carey on her Adventures of Mimi tour. In early 2010, Tanaka directed, choreographed, and starred in the album “Hook vs. Bridge” with songs by artist Kevin Cossom. In 2014, he released his first single titled ‘Bounce’. The same year, he served as the choreographer and artistic director of the Nike Maxim Awards. In 2015, Tanaka performed with Madonna at the Brit Music Awards as well as the Grammy Awards. The following year, he started serving as a creative director and choreographer for Mariah Carey, a position he worked in until his breakup with her in April 2017.
- Till date, Tanaka has also appeared in numerous music videos. Besides being a dancer and choreographer, he works as a model and actor as well. He has already modeled for numerous brands and companies, such as Nike, McDonald’s, Pepsi, iPod, and Old Navy, to name a few.
- Rumors of Bryan Tanaka’s relationship with Mariah Carey started making the rounds after the singer was seen walking into the arms of Tanaka in an episode of the reality TV show ‘Mariah's World’. As time went by, the couple got closer and their relationship started attracting the attention of the paparazzi. In late 2016, ‘Entertainment Tonight’ reported that the duo were officially together. The following year, in April 2017, they officially called it quits according to ‘People.’ According to the reports, Carey was the one to end their relationship as she wanted to focus on her children.
- However, in August 2017, the couple was rumored to be together again. Around the same time, Tanaka posted a picture on his Instagram handle which showed him kissing Carey on the cheek. That was a major sign that things between them were normal again. According to some online sources, the couple broke up once again in 2018.
- Bryan Tanaka was born on April 11, 1983 in Olympia, Washington, the USA. He has a younger brother whose name is Danny Storey Tanaka.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed