Blake Richardson Biography
Blake Richardson is an English vocalist and guitarist who is presently affiliated with the pop-rock group New Hope Club. A native of Cheshire County, Richardson grew up with musical aspirations. He has cited McFly, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, and Bruno Mars as some of the groups and musicians he was inspired by. When he was 13 years old, he became active on YouTube and began to upload his covers of various artists. He gained a modest following and in late 2015, he joined George Smith and Reece Bibby to form New Hope Club. Subsequently, they set up a YouTube channel where they started posting the covers of the songs by The Vamps, One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes. They released their debut Extended Play, ‘Welcome to the Club’, in May 2017. They are currently signed with Steady Records. A testament to their growing popularity is the fact that a couple of their songs were featured in the 2018 film ‘Early Man’.
- Hoping to become a professional musician one day, 13-year-old Blake Richardson set up his YouTube channel on June 1, 2013. He uploaded his first video, a cover of the song ‘That Girl’ by McFly, on 29 July. He also covered the song ‘Somebody to You’ by The Vamps and uploaded it on 15 August.
- In October 2015, Richardson got together with George Smith and formed New Hope Club. Reece Bibby, previously a member of Stereo Kicks—a group that was featured on the eleventh season of ‘The X Factor UK’ in 2014—joined the boys after Stereo Kicks disbanded.
- The group’s YouTube channel was set up on September 13, 2015, and their first video, a cover of the song ‘Wake Up’ by The Vamps, was posted on 4 October. They eventually drew the attention of The Vamps themselves, who signed them to their label, Steady Records, in December.
- On May 5, 2017, they put out their debut EP ‘Welcome to the Club’ through Hollywood Records via Steady Records. Containing four songs, it garnered public attention and the group reached #5 on the Billboard Next Big Sound chart. They also received a nomination for Choice Next Big Thing award at the 2017 Teen Choice Awards.
- New Hope Club put out the Christmas song ‘Whoever He is’ on December 1, 2017. Two of their songs, ‘Good Day’ and ‘Tiger Feet’ were featured in the soundtrack of the 2018 British stop-motion animated historical sports comedy film ‘Early Man’.
- Richardson and his bandmates accompanied The Vamps in the latter’s 2016 UK tour and 2017 spring UK and Ireland tour and are set to join them in 2018 as well. Besides The Vamps, the boys have also collaborated with The Tide, Sabrina Carpenter, and Tini Stoessel.
- Blake Richardson was born on October 2, 1999, in Cheshire, England, to Nik Richardson and Soulla Costanda. He has an older sister named Abbie.
- Richardson had a normal childhood and was raised in a middle-class household. He developed a deep love for music quite early in his life. Encouraged by his parents, he learned how to play the guitar. Since the New Hope Club has become popular, Richardson has garnered a significant following on various platforms of social media. He has over 117 thousand followers on Twitter, while on Instagram, the number of his followers exceeds 267 thousand.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed