Baek Jin-hee is a South Korean actress who started her career as a model at the age of 15. From modelling, she moved over to doing theatre, and later became an award-winning actress for her performances in movies like ‘Bandhobi’, in which she played a rebellious girl. She also went on to do TV shows like ‘High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged’. After her debut in 2009, Baek has not only succeeded as a performer but also as a social worker. In the April of 2017, she visited India to empower young people and promote girls’ rights. She has always been a staunch supporter of gender equality. When it comes to her acting career, she has given memorable performances in movies and TV series like ‘Foxy Festival’ (2010), ‘Acoustic’ (2010), ‘Empress Ki’ (2013-14), ‘Triangle’ (2014), ‘Pride and Prejudice’ (2014), ‘Missing Nine’ (2017) etc. Baek has also won a number of awards including Cine21 Magazine Award for ‘Bandhobi’, MBC Entertainment Award for ‘High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged’ and Korea Drama Award for ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol’ among many other awards.
- Baek was born on February 8, 1990 in Seoul, South Korea. There isn’t much information available about her childhood or family.She went to the Yong In University to study Film and Arts. She was 15 when she got an opportunity to work as a model and hence started modelling for various advertisements.While working as a model, she got an opportunity to do theatre. Her work as a performer was praised during her theatre days as she was able to perform a variety of roles.She continued being a theatre artist until she got her first major acting opportunity in 2009.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After making an appearance in the 2008 drama ‘Crime, Season 2’, she featured in the 2009 SBS Drama, ‘Loving You a Thousand Times’.In the same year, she made her big screen appearance in the romantic comedy, ‘The Naked Kitchen’. She then followed it up by grabbing a role in ‘Bandhobi’, in which she played a rebellion who befriends a migrant worker from Bangladesh.In 2010, she starred in the sex comedy, ‘Foxy Festival’, in which she played a teenager who makes a living by selling her used underwear. By this time, she had already made her mark in acting and her work was being appreciated by people as well as the critics.She then became part of KBS2’s ‘Drama Special: Secret Flower Garden’ in 2010. She also made an appearance in a music video titled ‘Station’, performed by Lee Seok-hun.In 2011, she starred in the South Korean sitcom, ‘High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged’. This sitcom became the turning point of Baek’s life.She played a graduate, who desperately searches for a job in the hit show and became a household name as her performance was loved by all. She was then cast in ‘Drama Special: Hair Show’ in the same year.In 2012, she starred in the movie ‘Hoya (Eighteen, Nineteen)’. She also became part of MBC’s sitcom, ‘Jeon Woo-chi’.Continue Reading BelowIn 2013, she gave an award-winning performance as a villainous empress Tanashiri in ‘Empress Ki’, a period drama aired on MBC. She also starred in another MBC show ‘Pots of Gold’ in the same year.She then starred in two movies in the year 2013. The movies were ‘Rockin' on Heaven’s Door’ and ‘Horror Stories 2’.In 2014, she gave memorable performances in MBC’s shows, ‘Triangle’, in which she played an orphaned casino dealer and ‘Pride and Prejudice’, in which she played a prosecutor who is passionate about life and everything that comes with it.In 2015, she appeared as a guest in SBS’ variety show ‘Running Man’ (Episode 256) and starred in another MBC drama titled ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa- wol’. She also appeared in a music video titled ‘One, Two, Three, Four’ by The One.In 2017, she starred in MBC’s hit show ‘Missing 9’.Recommended Lists:
- Baek visited India for the first time in the April of 2017 to promote gender equality and empower the youth. She says that she was always interested to work towards the betterment of mankind.She once watched a documentary showcasing the lives of girls working in the firework industry because of poverty. She then tried to understand the difficult situation faced by such Indian girls.Continue Reading BelowA few years later, she got to know about a global initiative (Plan India) that worked towards promoting girls’ rights and empowerment, and decided to do her bit to improve the lives of Indian girls.Awards & Achievements
- In 2009, she won her first award for ‘Bandhobi’ (New Actress of the Year). The award was given away by Cine21 Magazine.In 2011, she won the MBC Entertainment Award for ‘High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged’.In 2013, she won Best Actress Award for ‘Empress Ki’ at the MBC Drama Awards.In 2014, she won Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Project Drama for ‘Pride & Prejudice’ and ‘Triangle’ at the MBC Drama Awards.In 2015, she won Top Ten Stars Award at the MBC Drama Awards for her performance in ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol’.In 2016, she won Top Excellence Award (Actress) at the 9th Korea Drama Awards for ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol’.Personal Life
- Baek is dating her co-star (from ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa- wol’) Yoon Hyun-min. They first met in 2013 during the shoot of ‘Pots of Gold’.
How To CiteArticle Title- Baek Jin-hee BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/baek-jin-hee-34498.phpLast Updated- October 26, 2017
People Also Viewed