Ashton Irwin Biography
Girlfriend: Bryana Holly, Jasmine Dohauer
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Ashton Fletcher Irwin
Born Country: Australia
Born in: Hornsby
Famous as: Drummer, Singer
mother: Anne Marie
siblings: Harry Irwin, Lauren Irwin
education: Richmond High School
Ashton Fletcher Irwin is an Australian drummer who rose to fame as a member of the pop rock band '5 Seconds of Summer'. He was passionate about music from his childhood and learned to play the drum at the age of eight. Ashton, who is also a singer, started his music career in 2011. He released his debut single in collaboration with other musicians in 2012. As part of the band 5 Seconds of Summer, Ashton has released a number of albums, many of which have topped the charts in different countries. With the release of their album 'Youngblood' in 2018, the band continues to reign as one of the most popular Australian pop rock bands in the contemporary era. Ashton added a new feather in his cap by directing the band’s music video for 'Valentine.'
- Ashton Fletcher Irwin has gained recognition as part of the rock band 5 Seconds of Summer, also known as 5SOS, which he joined in December 2011. He was the last to join the band, which was formed that same year with Michael Gordon Clifford, Calum Hood and Luke Hemmings as its original members. The three original members knew each other from their time together at Norwest Christian College. Before forming the band, they used to perform covers of popular songs like ‘Please Don't Go’ by Mike Posner and ‘I Miss You’ by Blink 182, and became quite popular on YouTube.
- Ashton released his first single ‘Out of My Limit’ in 2012. Later, with his band members, he released several albums and became known internationally. In the same year, he and his bandmates collaborated with Harry Styles' band ‘One Direction’ on their Where We Are Tour.
- In 2013, the band signed with Capitol Records. In the same year, they embarked on their own tour of Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and North America. Their debut studio album was ‘5 Seconds of Summer’, released by Capitol Records in June 2014. Two singles, ‘She Looks So Perfect’ and ‘Don’t Stop,’ preceded the album. The song, ‘She Looks So Perfect’, topped the charts in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the UK. Their second album, ‘Sounds Good Feels Good’, was released in October 2015; it topped the charts in eight countries. The band’s third album, ‘Youngblood’, released on June 15, 2018, became the number one album in Australia.
- Ashton Fletcher Irwin was born on July 7, 1994, in Hornsby, Australia. His parents separated when he was just two years old and he was raised by his mother Anne Marie. He has a sister named Lauren and a brother named Harry. He attended Richmond High School. He has a pet dog called Indie.
- From his childhood, he was fascinated by music. When he was eight, he got his first drum set and learned to play it almost immediately! Over the years, he learned to play the piano, saxophone, and guitar as well.
- Before he joined the band 5 Seconds of Summer, he was a member of the band Swallow The Goldfish and also worked at the fast food restaurant KFC. Ashton has dated model Bryana Holly and Jasmine Dohauer in the past.
- In 2015, he disclosed that he had been battling anxiety and depression for a long time and was also facing some difficult personal issues.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed