Born Joshua William Dun, Josh Dun is a very talented American musician and the drummer of the very popular musical duo ‘Twenty One Pilots’. Having a keen interest in music right from childhood, Josh initially started with playing the trumpet when he was quite young. Later, his interests deviated to playing drums and he learnt the instrument himself instead of getting professional training. Before joining ‘Twenty One Pilots’, he worked as a temporary drummer in the place of Colin Rigs by in a musical band named ‘House of Heroes’.
Fate took a turn when he joined ‘Twenty One Pilots’ after the original members of the band- Nick Thomas and Chris Salih departed. Since then he has been associated with the band and has successfully created a few sensational music albums such as ‘Blurryface’ and ‘Vessel’. Josh has earned his name in the field of music and he is reputed for his deft skills at drumming, especially playing electronic drums. Renowned for his work with Adele and Katy Perry, this dynamic and vibrant musical icon is interested in genres like Indie Pop, Alternative Rock, Electropop and Rap Rock.
- Josh Dun was born Joshua William Dun on June 18, 1988 in Columbus, Ohio in the U.S.A to Laura Lee McCollum, a social worker, and William Earl Dun aka ‘Bill’, a physical therapy assistant. Josh has two sisters named Ashley and Abigail and a brother, Jordan.Josh had great affinity with music from the very beginning and he started playing the trumpet at a young age, but it somehow did not add fuel to his creative instincts so he changed his priority to playing the drums.His parents had set strict instructions on the kind of music he would listen to, so Josh would seek advice from people of the local music store as to what kind of music he would listen to.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Initially, Josh started working at the Guitar store for three years.He made his debut as a drummer by joining ‘House of Heroes’ in March 2010 after the band’s original drummer, Colin Rigsby, decided to take a break and spend some time with his family.Josh continued to serve for the band till October 2010 when Colin made a come-back and rejoined his band.In 2011, Josh was invited by the erstwhile drummer of ‘Twenty One Pilots’, Chris Salih to hear their concert. Mesmerized with their performance, Josh befriended Tyler Joseph, the band’s lead vocalist.Later in 2011, both Nick Thomas and Chris Salih left the band due to their demanding schedules. This gave an opportunity to Josh who left his job at the Guitar Center and joined the band to help Tyler Joseph, the lead vocalist for an upcoming show. Josh eventually became a permanent member of ‘Twenty One Pilots’.Along with Tyler, Josh released the band’s second album ‘Regional at Best’ on July 8, 2011.In April 2012, the duo signed with the prestigious record label ‘Fueled by Ramen’, a subsidiary of ‘Atlantic Records’.The duo again released their third and most successful album named ‘Vessel’ on January 8, 2013 which won accolades from the public.Two days prior to the scheduled release of the band’s fourth album, ‘Blurryface’ was released on May 17, 2015.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Vessel: the third and the most acclaimed studio album by the duo under the label of ‘Fueled by Ramen’ became very popular with the masses. The album comprises 14 songs of different genres including Alternative Rock, Indie Pop and Electropop. The objective behind the album, as Tyler described it, was to reveal the true faces of people behind the visage of false identities that people set up. Each of the songs helps uncloak the falsehood and unfolds the real nature of men hiding behind the façade. ‘Holding on to You’ was the most popular song, according to statistics in the album.The song ‘Heathens’ from the album ‘Suicide Squad’ became a smash hit when it was released in 2016. It won the MTV Video Music Award for ‘Best Rock Video’ and the iHeart Radio Music Award for ‘Alternative Rock Song of the Year’.Awards & Achievements
- The band won the Alternative Press Music Awards in the ‘Artist of the Year’ and ‘Album of the Year’ categories for their album ‘Blurryface’ in 2016.‘Twenty One Pilots’ was also awarded the American Music Awards in the category ‘Favorite Pop/Rock Band/Duo/Group’ and ‘Favorite Alternative Artist’ in 2016.The duo won the Billboard Music Award in 2016 in the category ‘Top Rock Artist’ and also won the ‘Top Rock Album’ for ‘Blurryface’ in the same year.The duo won a Grammy in 2017 for ‘Stressed Out’ in the ‘Best Pop Duo/Group Performance’ category.The band won the MTV Video Music Award in the category ‘Best Rock Video’ for the song ‘Heathens’ in 2016.Personal Life and Legacy
- The doe-eyed boy with a dashing personality had been in a loving relationship with the very talented singer, songwriter and actress Debby Ryan from May 2013 but due to some personal issues, Josh and Deborah decided to break up in September 2014.Josh was rumored to be in a relationship with Ashley Frangipane in 2015.Net Worth
- As of April 2017, Josh Dun has an estimated net worth of US $ 8 million.Trivia
- This very talented percussionist has a tattoo of a tree on his right arm.He and his partner have an ‘X’ tattoo symbolizing their dedication and love toward their hometown Ohio.The cover of the album ‘Vessels’ has pictures of the duo’s paternal grandfathers.
How To CiteArticle Title- Joshua Dun BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/joshua-dun-32639.phpLast Updated- May 08, 2017
People Also Viewed