Amymarie Gaertner Biography
Amymarie Gaertner is a self-taught American dancer, choreographer, actress and social media star who gained popularity for showing her freestyle dancing moves in six-second-videos on the now defunct looping video hosting service Vine. Learning dance steps all by herself, she is able to dance to any tune she is given. She co-hosted the Halloween edition of 'Dancing with the Stars' in 2015. That year, she also acted in the episode 'A Sudden Duet!' from the web series 'Sanders Shorts' directed by fellow Viner and internet personality Thomas Sanders. Later on, she made couple more appearances on Thomas' eponymous comedy and music series. She played the role of Vanessa in the YouTube Red original movie 'Dance Camp' in 2016. In 2017, she acted as Elektra in an episode of 'The Boonies' and also appeared as Audrey March in three episodes of 'Guidance'. She was nominated for the 'Dancer of The Year award' at the '5th Annual Streamy Awards' in 2015 and was one of the Finalists in the Dance category of the '8th Annual Shorty Awards' in 2016.
- According to Amymarie Gaertner, she began dancing the first time she listened to music as a child. However, her earliest memory is of dancing around the kitchen and the house when she was about four years old. She began practicing dancing in the basement of her house as the stereo system was installed there. Ever since, she has been dancing there and has made a little studio for herself there. She was never shy to dance in front of the public, which is why she eventually began participating in talent shows and performing at events.
- She had a YouTube channel since February 2008, but began posting little clips from her performances at various talent shows in early 2011. After Vine came out in January 2013, she was one of the first people to try out the new platform by March that year. She made her first Vine, a stop-motion video, from her basement and continued to make videos of her dog, her cat, car rides and her visits to concerts to share with the handful of her followers, mostly friends. After she posted a video of her dancing, it went viral overnight and her Vine profile attracted about a million fans within a month. She had an impressive 4.5 million fans on Vine before the app was shut down by parent company Twitter in January 2017. She currently boasts of 1.5 million followers on Instagram, 581k subscribers on YouTube, and 532k fans on Facebook.
- Amymarie Gaertner is well known for spontaneously breaking into dance whenever there is good music playing. Unlike many other dancers on the social media and the entertainment industry, she is not professionally trained, and learned her dance steps by practicing regularly in her basement. As a result her dance is mostly freestyle, rather than choreographed. When it comes to her Vines, she usually recorded herself dancing to a tune and later cut out the best six seconds from the clip to fit the time restrictions of the platform. She is known for collaborating with other popular social media stars such as Logan Paul, Thomas Sanders, Jake Foushee, MaddChadd and Du-Shaunt Stegall, a.k.a. Fik-Shun.
- Amymarie Gaertner was born on August 5, 1994 in a small town in Ohio, United States. She grew up listening to 60s and 70s rock, country, acoustic, dubstep and mainstream music on the radio and appreciates diverse musical styles. She has been dancing in the basement of her house since she was a child. She can also play the drums, but doesn't consider herself a drummer. She had a dog named Ginger, but lost it a while ago. She now has two cats named Lucky and Brownie. Despite the fact that she is from Ohio, she often gets comments from fans that they like her Texan accent. She can speak a little bit of Spanish.
- She is a close friend of another very popular social media star, Logan Paul, whom she had met through Vine. During those initial days on the platform, they often made videos together, which made fans curious if the two were dating. She clarified in a Q&A video posted in February 2014 that after meeting through Vine, they realized that they lived really close and began to hang out more often. They made a lot of Vines together and eventually became friends. However, she added that they were not romantically involved. She has also been seen a number of times with a little girl, whom some fans had confused to be her daughter. She revealed that she was the daughter of one of her friends and she often included her in her videos because the girl enjoyed it.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed