Josh Killacky Biography
Josh Killacky is a professional dancer, choreographer, actor, and director who shot to fame after dancing in viral YouTube videos like ‘What Do You Mean / Epic HoverBoard Dance Cover @justinbieber’, ‘Jade Chynoweth & Josh Killacky Killing Janelle Ginestra's Choreography!!!’, and ‘Missy Elliott - WTF (Where They From) @_TriciaMiranda Choreography’. He started dancing at an early age and then took ballet, jazz, modern dance, and hip-hop lessons to further his talents. He is associated with the dance group BotBroz, in which he is a lead dancer and choreographer alongside David Moore. They are the only non-vocal artists to have ever performed on ‘Good Morning America’. The young performing artist has danced his way through some of the biggest TV shows including, ‘Nickelodeon Kids Sports’, ‘Nickelodeon Kids Choice and Halo Awards’, ‘Dance Moms’, ‘X Factor’, ‘MTV – Todrick Hall Documentary’, ‘BET Awards’, and ‘Dancing with the Stars’. Josh often collaborates with fellow dance sensations Jade Chynoweth, Twitch, Tricia Miranda, Janelle Ginestra and others. He has also acted in the movie ‘One Shot’. More recently, Killacky has acted in and directed his short Anti-bullying film ‘When is too Late’ and choreographed for the movie ‘Howard High’.
- The path to stardom didn’t start easy for Josh Killacky. He was signed onto Taekwondo classes at the age of four by his single mother. He went on to win several gold and silver medals in the Junior Olympics. But, he found sports repetitive and boring and discovered dance by accident. While at a family wedding, he started dancing jokingly and found out that he had a natural ability for it. He started dancing at the age of 12 and joined the Chicago Academy of the Performing arts High School to hone his dancing skills. At the age of 15, he shifted to North Hollywood, along with his mother. He got his first big break when he got signed by ‘ ‘McDonald / Selznick Associates’.
- Josh Killacky started working with friend and fellow choreographer David Moore and became associated with the group BotBroz. He is the lead dancer and assistant choreographer and regularly produces music videos with the group. On October 1, 2015, the group released their dance video ‘What Do You Mean / Epic HoverBoard Dance Cover @justinbieber’. The dance cover of the Justin Beiber song went viral with over 4.5 million views and turned them, especially Josh Killacky into an overnight sensation.
- He collaborated with choreographer Tricia Mirandan for the video ‘Missy Elliott - WTF (Where They From)’. This video too went viral and has received over 22 million views to date. Some of his most famous collaborations in recent years have been with dance star Jade Chynoweth. Their videos: ‘Killing - Janelle Ginestra's Choreography!!!’, and ‘GREED | A Story | Told by Jade & Josh’, have garnered millions of views.
- Besides dancing on these music videos, Josh has also choreographed for upcoming bands and artists such as ‘New District’ and Nia Soux, respectively. His talent has also paved his way to the world of fashion, as he has worked with designers like Nicola Formichetti for the ‘Nicopanda SS16 Campaign’ film.
- As regards his acting and directing career, Josh Killacky was seen in the movie ‘One Shot’ and on the TV show ‘East Los High’. He has also been part of games like the ‘Just Dance Video Games’ and ‘Disney’s 2015 Dance Party’. In 2016, he released his first directorial short film against bullying named ‘When is too late’.
- Josh Killacky was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA, on December 4, 1995. Not much is known about his father and he was brought up with his sister by his single mother. They moved to North Hollywood in 2011. He describes himself as a human first and artist second and this has been evident in his life. He has worked hard to raise awareness of bullying. Josh also collaborated with wheelchair dance inspiration Chelsie Hill, in 2017, to make the music video ‘Will You?’ to promote the ‘Wings for Life World Run’ event.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed