Chachi Gonzales Biography
Chachi Gonzales is an American dancer, choreographer, YouTuber and actress. She is best known to the American and the world audience as the winner of the dance talent hunt show ‘America’s Best Dance Crew’ in the year 2011 for its sixth season. She had an inclination towards dancing right from her early days and she started taking professional training in dance at the age of 6. She got well acquainted with amazing dancing skills in ballet and hip-hop dance forms by the time she was in junior high school. As a hip-hop dancer, she first joined Marvelous Crew and later went for I.aM.mE dance group, and participated with them in the sixth season of ‘America’s Best Dance Crew’, where her hip-hop crew emerged as the winners. It was a beginning of highly successful career in dancing and since then, she has given dance classes internationally in many countries across the globe such as India, China, Thailand, Germany, Poland and Spain. She also has her own YouTube channel, which presently has more than a million subscribers.
- Chachi Gonzales was born Olivia Gonzales in Texas, USA. Her parents had migrated from Mexico. Her parents were engaged in apparel business and Chachi was the youngest of their five children, and hence the most adored. Her name Chachi means ‘little girl’ in Mexican.
- Chachi was always interested in making a career in dance, and the seeds of this passion were sown back when she was a toddler. Her parents enrolled her into dancing classes when she was just 6. She started learning ballet at a local dance studio where she learnt that she had a natural flair for the performance arts, and ballet was not just her thing.
- Three years later, she witnessed a hip-hop crew’s dance performance in an event. One of the participating crews was marvellous Motion. She yearned to learn the hip-hop style and enrolled in Lanier Middle School to learn hip-hop dancing.
- At first, she struggled to find a rhythm but slowly, she kept improving and within a couple of years, she became a skilled hip-hop dancer. She became the leader of the group and performed at some local events to applause.
- In 2010, Marvelous Motion stopped functioning and along with three other dancers from the group, Chachi formed I.aM.mE, which became the stepping stone in the success that Chachi was going to achieve in the coming years.
- Chachi Gonzales found a way to leave a mark on the American dancing industry through her group and as she climbed the ladder of success, came victories in several competitions and dancing events. But the real breakthrough for her and I.aM.mE came with the famous show ‘America’s Best Dance Crew’.
- Performing some breathtaking dancing steps, the crew ended up winning the top prize and Chachi was the youngest member of the group. This win made her quite famous and set up her YouTube account the same year.
- Chachi then went on to perfor as a backup dancer in 2011’s MTV Video Music Awards, where she paid a tribute to Britney Spears.
- In 2012, she appeared in the Disney dance program ‘Shake Up’ with her crew and managed to win hearts. In the same year, she was also named ‘Teen Choreographer of the year’ at the prestigious World of Dance 2012 Industry Awards.
- In 2013, she did dance choreography for the fashion doll line ‘Monster High’ in the song ‘We are Monster High’.
- In 2014, she made her feature film debut in ‘The Legend of Darkhorse County’ and appeared as one of the major cast members in the second season of ‘East Los High’.
- She also won several acting honours for her multiple appearances in films and TV series’. She also appeared in the 2016 show ‘Make it Pop’.
- Apart from that, she is also quite active on her YouTube channel ‘Chachi Gonzales’. She has more than 13,25,000 subscribers on the channel. She uploads makeup videos, dance tutorials and vlogs on her channel, frequently keeping her fans aware about the happenings in her personal life.
- Her growing fame has led her to receive invitations from several dance academies all over the world to do workshops and teach their students some moves. She has been to more than a dozen countries as of now, such as Sweden, Poland, India, Thailand, Russia, Canada and Belgium among many others.
- All the dancing related feats aside, Chachi also has her own line of apparels with the name ‘Dotheads by Chachi’, which is a fairly successful business enterprise.
- Chachi Gonzales has been very close to her family and gives all the credit of her success to her parents, especially her mother, who supported her all the way through her younger days.
- Her family is engaged in business and in 2011 they launched a line of apparels and sweatpants.
- Chachi started dating Internet sensation Josh Leyva in 2014, but the couple broke up in 2017. Chachi put up some videos on her YouTube account where she was seen crying over her break-up and missing her ex-boyfriend.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed