Alycia Debnam-Carey Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Alycia Jasmin Debnam-Carey
Born in: Sydney
Famous as: Actress
mother: Leone Carey
City: Sydney, Australia
education: Newtown High School of the Performing Arts
Alycia Debnam-Carey is an Australian actress known for her roles in TV shows such as ‘Fear the Walking Dead’. Born in Sydney, Australia, she began acting at the age of eight. Her first role was in the short film ‘Martha’s New Coat’. She made her TV debut in an episode of the TV series ‘McLeod’s Daughter. Her first important work was a recurring role in the sci-fi TV series ‘The 100’. It was based on a novel series of the same name. She portrayed the role of Commander Lexa, a powerful leader of twelve clans. Her popularity increased further after her role in ‘Fear the Walking Dead,’ a horror drama TV series. The show was met positively by critics and has also won multiple awards and nominations. She has appeared in other short films such as ‘Jigsaw Girl’ and ‘The Branch’ as well. She made her feature film debut with a main role in the found-footage disaster film ‘Into the Storm’. The film did quite well commercially, though reviews were mostly negative.
- Alycia Debnam-Carey began acting at the age of eight. Her first role was in the award-winning short film ‘Martha’s New Coat’ by Rachel Ward. She debuted on TV in a guest role in the Australian TV series ‘McLeod’s Daughters’. She next appeared in a TV movie named ‘Dream Life’ in 2008. Two years later, she was seen in a guest role again in the TV series ‘Dance Academy’. She moved to the US at the age of 18 to star in a documentary that followed six Australian actors competing for roles during the U.S. TV pilot season. She was accompanied by her mother.
- She made her film debut in 2014, playing the role of Kaitlyn Johnston in the found-footage disaster film ‘Into the Storm’. Directed by Steven Quill, the film is about a rash of tornadoes striking Silverton, Oklahoma. The film was a commercial success, though the reviews were mostly poor. The same year, Debnam-Carey also played the lead role in the horror film ‘The Devil’s Hand’.
- From 2014 to 2016, she played the recurring role of Commander Lexa in the sci-fi TV series ‘The 100’. The series earned mostly favorable reviews. Her role was also appreciated.
- Her popularity increased in 2015 after she started playing one of the main roles in the horror drama TV series ‘Fear the Walking Dead’. It was a prequel to the popular horror series ‘The Walking Dead’. The series has earned mostly positive reviews and good ratings alongside multiple awards and nominations.
- Her next role on the big screen was in ‘Friend Request’ (2016), a German supernatural psychological horror film. The film didn’t do well commercially and was also met with mostly negative reviews. She will soon be seen in ‘A Violent Separation,’ an upcoming crime thriller.
- Alycia Debnam-Carey was born on July 20th, 1993, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Her mother is Leone Carey, a television writer. She studied at the Newtown High School of the Performing Arts, where she was a percussionist. She graduated in 2011.
- She was once in a relationship with Marcus Castrus. They broke up after he was found to be cheating on her.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed