Abraham Mateo is a Spanish pop singer-songwriter and actor. Abraham started singing at the age of 3 and began taking vocal lessons around the same time. He also learned to play guitar, flute and the piano. From the age of 7, Mateo started winning prizes for his extraordinary vocal skills. He was also awarded the ‘Revelation Prize’ at Spain's national music contest for kids, when he was only 9. He was barely 11 when ‘EMI Music Spain’ signed him, after he was discovered by the record label’s producers on ‘YouTube.’ He released his debut album ‘Abraham Mateo’ in 2009. He has given hits, such as ‘Señorita,’ ‘Loco Enamorado,’ ‘Háblame Bajito,’ and ‘Se Acabó El Amor.’ He has performed at countless sold out shows with artists such as ‘One Direction,’ Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, 50 Cent and Alejandro Sanz. He has also appeared in several TV show, including ‘Dias Sin Luz’ (2009), ‘Dreamland’ (2014), and ‘Massa Fresca’ (2014).
- Abraham Mateo Chamorro was born on 25 August, 1998, in San Fernando, Cádiz, Spain, to Antonio Mateo and Susana Chamorro. His father worked as a construction worker and as a security guard at the time of his birth; his mother was a housewife.Abraham comes from a family of musicians. His mother and older brother, Tony, are both into music.His maternal grandfather was a fleminco singer and his paternal grandfather was a tenor soloist. He started taking vocal lessons from his mother at the age of three.He started with a TV talent show called ‘Operación Triunfo.’ By the time he was seven, he was fluent in playing flute and had already started winning prizes for his singing.By the time he was ten, he also learned to play guitar and the piano efficiently. He was also awarded the prestigious ‘‘Revelation Prize’ for his outstanding performance at a national competition.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Early Career
- He began his career with a children’s TV show, ‘Menuda Noche,’ where he performed for four years. He was praised for his outstanding vocals in the show.He performed songs by Nina Bravo, Alejandro Sanz, David Bisbal, Miguel Garrado, David Bustamante and many other Latin singers.Recommended Lists:
- In 2009, after the producers of record label ‘EMI Music Span’ discovered his covers on ‘YouTube’ and stage presence on ‘Menuda Noche,’ they approached him to sign a contract with the label. In December 2009, he released his debut album ‘Abraham Mateo.’The album featured seven tracks which included covers of songs by Raphael, Alejandro Sanz, Laura Pausini, and Luis Fonsi, and a duet with French singer, Carolina Costa. He continued creating covers and uploading them on ‘YouTube’ until 2011, when he released ‘Desde que te fuiste,’ on iTunes.After four long years, he released his sophomore album titled ‘AM,’ under ‘Sony Music Spain.’ The album exhibited tremendous growth in the musical style of Mateo which was more inclined toward electro pop and dance. The single, ‘Señorita,’ from the album reached at number 3 position on Spain’s ‘Top 50 Singles’ chart and remained there for 40 weeks. It went Gold in Spain.The other single from the album, ‘Girlfriend,’ debuted within top 15 on Spain’s music chart. The third single, ‘Lánzalo,’ debuted at number two on Spain’s ‘Top 50 Singles’ chart.In 2013, he performed ‘La puerta hacia el amo’ for the British-Spanish soundtrack of ‘Disney’s movie, ‘Frozen.’ In 2014, he kicked-off his sold -out concert tour around 40 places in Spain. In the same year, he also opened for British boyband ‘One Direction’ in Peru.Continue Reading BelowHis second studio album, ‘Who I Am,’ went platinum and peaked at number 2 in Spain and Mexico. The first single from the album, ‘All the Girls,’ reached number 9 in Spain and became the number 1 song on Brazilian radio stations. Its video won the ‘Best Spanish Music Video of 2014’ on the ‘VEVO.’He also composed the soundtrack of the augmented reality video game, ‘Invizimals.’In 2015, he released his fourth studio album titled, ‘Are You Ready?’ which debuted at number 3 in Spain and 7 in Mexico. The album, featuring songs such as ‘Old School,’ ‘Are You Ready,’ ‘Así Es Tu Amor,’ ‘When You Love Somebody.’ ‘Mi Vecina,’ and ‘Mueve,’ went Gold. In the same year, he composed the Spanish soundtrack for the animated movie, ‘Minions.’In 2016, Abraham performed in his sold-out concert with 10,000 seats at the ‘National Auditorium’ in Mexico City. In June 2017, he released his new single, ‘Loco Enamorado,’ which reached number 6 on ‘Billboard’s Latin Pop Songs.’ The hit single also made it to ‘Billboard’s Hot Latin Songs,’ ‘Latin Airplay,’ ‘Latin Rhythm Play,’ ‘Mexico Airplay’ and ‘Latin Digital Song Sales. ‘The single also went Platinum in Chile, Spain, and Mexico and went Gold in the USA, Argentina and Peru.His second single, ‘Háblame Bajito,’ featuring 50 Cent and Austin Mahone, rocked the ‘Billboard’Latin Digital Songs’ chart at number 17. The song was also certified Gold in Spain, Latin US and Argentina.His third single ‘Se Acabó El Amo’ (English: ‘The Love is Over’), featuring Jennifer Lopez and Yandel, was released in March 2018. He was also featured in Ptibull’s single ‘Jungle’ alongwith ‘The Stereotypes’ and ‘E-40,’ and ‘Ha Ash's song ‘30 de Febrero.’He made his acting debut in 2009, in a TV movie, ‘Días sin Luz’ as ‘Abraham.’ He also appeared in ‘Raphael’ (2010), ‘Dreamland’ (2014), ‘José Mota presenta’ (2015), and ‘Massa Fresca’ (2016).Continue Reading BelowIn 2014, he starred in the online series, ‘XQEsperar.’ The series also featured Angy Fernandez.Other Works
- Mateo released his first biography, ‘I .A.M,’ in November 2016. The book was published by ‘Montena,’ an editorial part of ‘Penguin Random House.’Awards & Achievements
- Mateo has won many awards and countless nominations for his music. As a child, he was awarded a special mention at a regional music competition in Australia.He won ‘Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Award’ for ‘Best Spanish Artist’ in 2014 and 2017 respectively. In 2016, he won ‘Radio Disney Music Award’ for ‘Best Spanish Artist.’He was nominated by’ iHeartRadio Music Awards’ for ‘Best New Latin Artist.’ In the same year, he received three nominations at the ‘2016 Premios Juventud Awards’ for his album ‘Are You Ready?’Personal Life
- Mateo has kept his love affairs and dating life personal. As of now, he is single and fully focused on his career.He considers Michael Jackson as his biggest inspiration. He was once described as a ‘wunderkind that sounds and dances a lot like Michael Jackson’ by Leila Cobo of ‘Billboard.’He also looks upto Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Ricky Martin, Alejandro Sanz and many others for inspiration.
How To CiteArticle Title- Abraham Mateo BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/abraham-mateo-41963.phpLast Updated- August 30, 2018
People Also Viewed