Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Shantell Allen
Born in: New Orleans, Louisiana
Famous as: Singer
City: New Orleans, Louisiana
education: Huntington High School
‘Tokyoxvanity’ or ‘Tokyo Vanity’ is the pseudonym of popular social media personality, rapper, and reality television star Shantell Allen. She is best known for appearing in the famous reality television series ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta.’ Vanity became the youngest star to be cast in the show as she was just 23 years old at the time. She started her social media career at a young age and went on to become an internet sensation in 2015 when her YouTube video ‘That's My Best Friend’ went viral. Subsequently, her popularity increased on social media, earning her an opportunity to appear in the popular reality show. Tokyo Vanity currently has thousands of subscribers and millions of views on her self-titled YouTube channel. She is also popular on other social media platforms, such as Twitter and Instagram where she has thousands of followers.
- Tokyoxvanity started her social media career by uploading videos on Vine. After gathering a decent number of followers on Vine, she created her YouTube channel on July 9, 2011.
- Tokyo Vanity became an overnight sensation in 2015 when her music video ‘That's My Best Friend’ went viral on the internet. She then continued uploading more music videos, such as ‘Fetty,’ and ‘Pull Up.’ Apart from posting single tracks, she has also posted albums, such as ‘Konnichiwa’ and ‘B.A.P.S’ on her self-titled channel. Her YouTube channel currently has over 200K subscribers, with ‘That's My Best Friend’ being the most viewed video. Tokyo Vanity is also famous on Instagram and Twitter. She often posts pictures depicting her personal life on her Instagram page which has more than a million followers.
- Tokyo Vanity’s popularity increased when she became part of the famous reality television show ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta.’ The show chronicles the lives of people involved with hip hop music in Atlanta. It also focuses on the real-life struggle of women from the hip hop industry. Vanity was cast in the seventh season of the second installment of the ‘Love & Hip Hop’ franchise which was aired on ‘VH1.’ She dated a singer and rapper named Tabius Tate during the seventh season of the show. As part of the supporting cast, Vanity appeared in 15 episodes of the seventh season of ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta.’ She was also cast in the eighth season of the show which was premiered on ‘VH1’ on March 25, 2019. She is currently working on becoming one of the most successful rappers in the US.
- After releasing ‘That's My Best Friend,’ which currently has over 28 million views on YouTube, Tokyoxvanity came up with interesting music videos, such as ‘Okay B’’’ ft LightSkinKeisha,’ ‘Rep The Struggle,’ and ‘All My Niggas.’ She also released many singles, such as ‘Pull Up ft. Sage the Gemini’ and ‘Fetty.’ Albums released by Tokyoxvanity include ‘Konnichiwa,’ ‘B.A.P.S,’ and ‘I’m the Shi’’. She often collaborates with fellow rappers and social media stars to create music albums. She aspires to release more such albums in the future.
- Tokyoxvanity was born Shantell Allen on September 28, 1994, in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She went to ‘Huntington High School’ in Shreveport from where she graduated. She is in a relationship with a guy named Jayy. He often appears on her Instagram page and features Vanity on his Instagram page as well.
- Tokyo Vanity was involved in a quarrel with popular American rapper Young Thug when the latter released a music video titled ‘Best Friend’ shortly after the release of ‘That's MyBest Friend’. Though the songs don’t sound alike, Vanity threatened a lawsuit and came up with derogatory posts on social media.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed