Tena Desae Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Tena Babbar Desae
Born Country: India
Born in: Bangalore, Karnataka
Famous as: Actress
City: Bangalore, India
education: National Institute of Management
Tena Desae (also known as Tina Desai) is an Indian model and actress. She is a popular face in the Indian television scene and an emerging film actress as well. She is also active in the international film world and has contributed to various foreign projects till date. Born to a Telugu mother and a Gujarati father in Karnataka, Desae grew up being exposed to different cultures. Following her schooling, she earned her degree in business management from National Institute of Management (NIMIS). She first captured the limelight through her participation in the contest ‘Get Gorgeous’. Desae made her acting debut with the 2011 Hindi-language film ‘Yeh Faasley’. Her acting skills soon fetched her a role in the international film ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'. Also a rising star in the British and American television industries, Desae is multilingual and is fluent in Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
- Following her participation in the contest ‘Get Gorgeous’, Tena Desae signed to Elite Model India Management. She began appearing in commercials and runway shows. She eventually made her film debut in 2011, featuring in ‘YehFaasley’. The film, about a daughter who reconciles with her estranged father after her return from abroad, garnered critical reception. That year, she also played the role of Neha Sharma in another Hindi-language film ‘Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande’. Also starring Sharat Saxena and Anupam Kher, the movie earned appreciation from the audience.
- The year 2012 saw Desaein a cameo role in the movie ‘Cocktail’. The film, featuring Saif Ali Khan, Diana Penty and DeepikaPadukone, grossed US $18 million against its US$5.1 million budget. The same year marked the beginning of her international film career, with a role in 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'. The British comedy drama tells the story of a group of British pensioners who move to a retirement hotel in India. Following the film’s success, Desae featured in the Bollywood adventure thriller ‘Table No.21’ as SiyaAgasthi.
- In 2015, the actress reprised her role of Sunaina in ‘The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’. That year, she was also cast as Kala Dandekar in the American sci-fi web television series ‘Sense8’. Also in 2015, she featured as a lead in the film ‘SharafatGayi Tel Lene’ opposite Rannvijay Singh and Zayed Khan. The following year, Desae lent her voice to the character of Ashima in the animated film ‘Thomas & Friends: The Great Race’. Then in 2018, he played Aditi Singh in 'Dassehra', a Hindi-language action thriller directed by Manish Vatsalya.
- Since 2018, Desae has been voicing her recurring character Ashima in the British-American series 'Thomas and Friends'.
- Tena Babbar Desae was born on 24 February 1987, in Bangalore, India, to a Telugu Hindu mother and a Gujarati Hindu father. She attended National Institute of Management, a prestigious institution in Bangalore, and graduated with a business management degree with specialization in finance.
- Tena Desae is a very private person who maintains a distance from the media. Details about her love life are not known.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed