Himanshi Khurana Biography
Himanshi Khurana is a ravishing Punjabi actress and model who commenced her professional acting career by starring in the Bollywood film, ‘Jeet Lengey Jahaan’. She also went on to portray characters in several other movies, notably Punjabi films like ‘2 Bol’ and ‘Leather Life’. But it was her immaculate portrayal of Sukhpreet in the Punjabi flick, ‘Sadda Haq’ that propelled her to national limelight, fetching her widespread fame and acclaim. She has also featured as a model in music videos of renowned Punjabi singers such as Hardy Sandhu, Kuldeep Manak, Roshan Prince, Jassi Gill, Badshah, Mankirt Aulakh, and Lakhwinder Wadali. Her professional career took off when she was crowned Miss Ludhiana at age 17. Thereafter, she relocated to New Delhi to further her career prospects. Within a short span of time she was flooded with offers to endorse well-known national and international brands like Calvin Klein, Kingfisher, and Pepsi. Her endorsements of the aforementioned brands paved the way for her to sign deals with Punjabi singers and musicians to appear as a model in their music videos. Eventually, she started receiving offers to act in Hindi movies as well as films made in other vernacular languages including Punjabi, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada.
- Himanshi was very outgoing right from an early stage in her life and nurtured ambitions of becoming an actress. She participated as a beauty pageant in the ‘Miss Ludhiana 2011’ contest supervised by Nritya Academy and was adjudged the winner.
- In order to lay the foundations for a robust career as a model and actress, she shifted to New Delhi. She started scouting for modeling assignments, touting her Miss Ludhiana crown. Soon after, she found herself barraged with modeling assignments from leading Indian and international brands. She was chosen as Mac Cosmetics’ brand ambassador.
- She inked a deal with McCann, an internationally renowned advertising agency. She also signed agreements with Makemytrip.com, Pepsi, Nestle, Ayur, Gitanjali Jewelers, Kingfisher, Calvin Klein, and Big Bazaar, and numerous other distinguished companies to promote their products and services.
- After working as a model, she began making forays in the music industry in Punjab. She debuted in the music industry in 2010 by featuring in the music video of ‘Kuldeep Manak & Panjabi MC’ for their song, “Jodi-Big Day Party”.
- She continued to feature in music videos of numerous celebrated Punjabi singers from 2012 to 2017. She starred in music videos of Feroz Khan, Hardy Sandhu, Lakhwinder Wadali, Sippy Gill, Roshan Prince, Ninja, J-Star, Badshah, Maninder Buttar, Ronnie, Harjot, Kulwinder Billa, Shivjot, Goldy Desi Crew, and several other singers.
- 2015 proved to be a very prolific year for Himanshi since she featured in music videos of numerous singers, prominent amongst them being Mankirt Aulakh, Ninja, J-Starr, and Jassi Gill.
- She debuted as an actress in the Hindi movie, ‘Jeet Lengey Jahaan’, in 2012. She acted in a Punjabi film for the first time in 2013 when she enacted Sukhpreet in ‘Sadda Haq’. Her performance in the film was highly acclaimed.
- In 2015, she acted in two Punjabi films, namely, ‘Sadda Haq’ and ‘2 Bol’. She has also acted in six south Indian movies; these include 2 Kannada, 2 Tamil, 1 Telugu and 1 Malayalam film
- Himanshi Khurana was born on 27 November 1991 in Kiratpur Sahib, Punjab, India, to Suneet Kaur and Kuldeep Khurana. She has two brothers who are younger to her. She completed her schooling from BCM Sr. Secondary School in Ludhiana. Thereafter, she enrolled in an aviation institute from where she completed a course in hospitality management. She is in a romantic relationship with the Punjabi singer Ammy Virk.
- Had she obeyed her father’s wish, she would have been working as a nurse. She regards Gurdas Maan, Garry Sandhu, and Master Saleem as her favorite singers and musicians.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed