Stephanie Corneliussen Biography
Stephanie Corneliussen is a Danish model and actress who received worldwide popularity owing to her role in the internationally acclaimed series 'Mr. Robot'. She started modeling at an early age of 13 and since then, she has appeared on the covers of many magazines such as Vogue, Vanity Fair and GQ. Apart from that, she has done endorsements for the brands like Bebe, Armani, Dasani and Nikon. However, she was constantly drawn towards acting and her earlier roles included guest appearances in several comedy series and sitcoms. She embarked on her film career with 'Hello Ladies', a TV movie. After she became a cast member of 'Mr. Robot', more TV and film offers started raining-in on her. Her popularity compelled the show runners to get her role extended to a full-length one for the second season. In another major career stint, Stephanie signed 'DC Comic's Legends of Tomorrow', a mega budget and highly anticipated TV series.
- Stephanie Corneliussen was born in Copenhagen, Denmark on 28th April 1987 and did her earlier studies from her hometown eventually graduating in graphic designing. She learned ballet in school and admits that her love for performing arts started just then, through dancing. In fact, she initially wanted to become a prima ballerina, but her tall height became a roadblock therefore she focused on modeling and acting.
- Her interest in modeling became apparent to her parents quite early and a major Danish modelling agency allowed her to participate in a modelling competition at the age of 13. Stephanie ended up winning the supermodel competition among dozens of other girls from the country and she started taking modeling assignments just then.
- She went to the UK for her higher studies in 2007 and a few months later, she made her move to Los Angeles to pursue a full time career in American films and modeling world.
- Stephanie has mentioned in several interviews that she was lucky in a way that she knew exactly what she wanted to do in her life from her early years and this played a huge role in her preparing herself for her future career. At the age of 13, her modelling career started but as she was just in school then, her mother wanted her to focus on her studies solely. But somehow, Stephanie managed to make her mark as a young teenage supermodel in Denmark. She arrived in Los Angeles at the age of 22 and thus began a long search for solid roles in films and TV.
- The modeling part went rather well for her as she got the chance to appear on the covers of famous magazines such as GQ, Playboy, Vogue and Vanity Fair and she also happened to grab the endorsement deals with established brand names such as Nikon, bebe, Dasani and Armani. Apart from that, she walked the ramp for several major designers and established herself as one of the hottest European beauties back in late 2010s to mid 2015.
- With eyes on an acting career, she started auditioning for television roles and ended up getting a few in the early phases of her struggle. Her early roles include her brief appearances in series’ like 'The Rebels', 'Royal Pains', 'Bad Judge' and 'The Exes'. She also ended up doing a few TV films right around that time, but nothing career turning happened to her, except for a reappearing role in 'Mr. Robot', a series which wasn't much hyped before it began.
- She was signed up for the series in 2015 and it went on to receive some major accolades, to pleasant surprise of everyone involved with it. The show went on to receive nominations in all the major television award categories and was honored at the Golden Globe Awards as the 'best television series of the year-Drama'. It was big feat for the show and every one attached with it and hence, the series got picked up for a second season, where Stephanie grabbed a regular role.
- Her success with 'Mr. Robot' opened several new opportunities for her in the industry and she started getting approached for many meaty roles in television and films. In late 2015, it was confirmed that Stephanie will be a regular cast member in DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow', which happens to be the extended DC universe's new venture, following the same timeline as other two shows 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'.
- Prior to appearing in films and TV, Stephanie was seen in music videos; the most well known among them being Matchbox Twenty's official video for the song 'She's so Mean', in which she appeared as a seductive mayhem girl. She has also been a part of the anthology series 'American Horror Story' where she played a nun. She also appeared in a brief role for the film 'Hensel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' and in 2014, she also played a role in the largely obscure TV film 'Hello Ladies', which later went on to receive an Emmy award nomination.
- Despite being a major league American TV actor now, she does occasional modelling assignments under the agency Scoop Models.
- Stephanie Corneliussen got married to a Danish rapper Emil Simonsen after dating him for sometime but the couple never quite had a stable relationship and Emil started harassing her, doubting her for not being loyal to him. He claimed that she had a relationship with rapper's best friend, Troels Neilson, who also happened to be his band-mate and the couple got divorced in 2011. Stephanie, in a way, confirmed the allegations and has been spotted with Troels often, but the official confirmation about anything is yet to be made.
- Stephanie's official bio on her website says that she is confused about her sexuality and she is most probably a bisexual.
- As of July 2017, Stephanie Corneliussen's net worth is estimated to be USD 1.4 millions.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed