Hanne Jacobsen Biography
Hanne Jacobsen is a Danish actress, dancer, and choreographer. She is the wife of actor Mads Mikkelsen, who is known for his roles in ‘Casino Royale’, ‘The Hunt’, ‘Hannibal’, and ‘Doctor Strange’. Jacobsen has been always interested in performing. She made her screen debut in an episode of ‘Alletiders jul’ in 1994. In the ensuing years, she has also appeared in two other television series, ‘Alletiders nisse’ and ‘Pyrus i alletiders eventyr’. She and Mikkelsen married in 2000 and they have two children together. The couple had lived in Copenhagen for the majority of their marriage. However, they relocated to Toronto, Canada, in 2012 after Mikkelsen landed the titular role in NBC’s ‘Hannibal’.
- Jacobsen was born on January 13, 1961, in Denmark. She is her parents’ only child. Little to no information is available on her upbringing.
- Hanne Jacobsen debuted on the small screen in a season one episode of TV 2’s Christmas calendar special ‘Alletiders jul’ in 1994. The show has been broadcast twice more in the ensuing years, in 2004 and 2016. In the show, Jacobsen portrayed a character credited as Stuepigen. She played Elverpige in an episode of another Christmas calendar special, ‘Alletiders nisse’, in 1995. She was also featured in the 2000 Christmas calendar special, ‘Pyrus i alletiders eventyr’.
- Jacobsen is quite active on social media. On Instagram, she has amassed several thousand followers to date. She regularly posts photographs and videos from her personal life on the platform. Her husband, Mads Mikkelsen, makes regular appearances. Their children and other members of the family are featured as well.
- A native of Østerbro, Copenhagen, Mikkelsen wanted to become a gymnast in the early years of his life. He later took dancing lessons at the Balettakademien (ballet academy) in Gothenburg. He was a professional dancer for about a decade before he thought of pursuing a career as an actor. Over the course of his career, Mikkelsen has won numerous awards, including the Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor in 2012 for ‘The Hunt’, and the Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television in 2013 for his portrayal of the eponymous character in ‘Hannibal’.
- Mikkelsen and Jacobsen became acquainted while he was still a professional dancer. In an interview with Kathryn Shattuck, Mikkelsen later recounted that he was dressed up like a woman in ‘La Cage aux Folles’ when he met his future wife. They began dating sometime later, in 1987 and married on December 2, 2000. She gave birth to their daughter, Viola, in 1992. Their son, Carl, was born in 1997. Through Mikkelsen, Jacobsen is related to his parents Bente Christiansen and Henning Mikkelsen as well as his older brother, Lars Mikkelsen. Lars’ wife, Danish actress Anette Støvelbæk, is Jacobsen’s sister-in-law.
- For the most part of their relationship, the couple had resided in Copenhagen. However, in 2012, they moved to Toronto when Mikkelsen landed the role of Hannibal in the NBC show.
- Mikkelsen has been picked by several women’s magazines as “the sexiest man in Denmark”. He apparently often pulls one of those magazines out and tells his wife, “Honey, do you realize who you’re married to? The sexiest man 14 years ago.” She retorts by saying that he is married to the “most hot girl in the world”. Evidently, the couple is still enjoying marital bliss!
How To Cite
People Also Viewed