Emilie Ullerup Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Emilie Ullerup-Petersen
Born Country: Denmark
Born in: Copenhagen, Denmark
Famous as: Actor
father: Ove Ullerup-Petersen
mother: Bodil Mørkøv Ullerup
siblings: Caroline Ullerup, Simone Ullerup
Partner: Kyle Cassie
City: Copenhagen, Denmark
education: Vancouver Film School
Emilie Ullerup is a Danish actress who is most popular for her role as Ashley Magnus in the TV series ‘Sanctuary’. After graduating from Vancouver Film School, Emilie made her screen debut with the popular TV series ‘Battlestar Galactica.’ Soon enough, she received her breakthrough role with the miniseries ‘Sanctuary’, which led her to the TV series of the same name. Ullerup played the character of Ashley Magnus in this highly acclaimed and popular series for two seasons. Her other notable appearances include roles in ‘jPod’, ‘This Means War’, and ‘Hunt to Kill.’ Ullerup’s next most popular role came with the drama series ‘Arctic Air’, in which she played the role of Astrid Poulsen for two seasons. Since then, she has been steadily acting in both TV and film across a wide range of genres. Her recent releases include the hits ‘Extracurricular’ and ‘Stalked by My Doctor’. She is currently working on her next movie ‘Assassin’s Fury’, which is scheduled for a 2020 release.
- Emilie Ullerup was interested in acting and filmmaking since childhood and moved to Canada to study at the Vancouver Film School. She graduated with her degree in 2005. Emilie began her acting journey with the popular sci-fi series ‘Battlestar Galactica’ in 2006, where she played the role of Julia in two episodes. Next year, she appeared in a guest role in ‘Blood Ties’ and later featured in the TV movie ‘Secrets of an Undercover Wife’. She received her first recurring role as Ashley Magnus in the popular miniseries ‘Sanctuary’ the same year, and this role made her a popular figure in Hollywood. In 2008, a sequel to the miniseries was announced and Emilie undertook her role as Ashley Magnus again for twenty episodes from 2008 to 2010. She was also seen in the role of Kaitlin Joyce for ‘jPod’, as Catherine Grant in ‘Smallville’, and as Aliza in the miniseries ‘Riese.’ In 2010, she also appeared in the movies ‘Concrete Canyons’, ‘Hunt to Kill’, and ‘Paradox’.
- In 2011, Emilie Ullerup was first seen as Clara Belmont in ‘Complexity’ and later as Liz Carrington in ‘The House’. She also appeared as a supporting actor in the TV series ‘Supernatural’ and ‘Mr. Young.’ Toward the end of 2011, Emilie was roped in to play the role of Anna Zemenko in the action crime drama ‘True Justice’, a role she played for six episodes from 2011 to 2012. She began 2012 with a positive note after appearances in the movies ‘The Music Teacher’, ‘The Philadelphia Experiment’, ‘Witchslayer Gretl’, ‘This Means War’, and ‘A Little Bit Zombie’. She ended the year on a high with a lead billing as Astrid Poulsen in the Ian Weir and Michele McMahon drama series ‘Arctic Air’. This soon became one of her most popular roles, and she appeared in 31 episodes from 2012 to 2014. Filming for ‘Arctic Air’ took most of her time from 2012 to 2013 and she was only seen in a few projects like ‘Fatal Performance’ (2013) and ‘Step Dogs’ (2013).
- In 2014, Emilie Ullerup er was seen in ‘What an Idiot’ and ‘Leprechaun: Origins’. She also made single-episode guest appearances in the TV series ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered’ and ‘Package Deal’. Next year was a relatively low-key year for Emilie as she had only big screen appearances in ‘The Blackburn Asylum’, ‘Asteroid: Final Impact’, and ‘Life on the Line.’ In 2016, she appeared in the ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered’ trilogy as Dale Travers and later was seen in ‘Hearts of Christmas’ and ‘True Memoirs of an International Assassin.’ She received another breakthrough after being cast as Bree O’Brien in the family drama ‘Chesapeake Shores’, a role she played from 2016 to 2018 in 29 episodes. In 2017, she was seen in the TV movies ‘With Love, Christmas’, ‘Sleepwalking in Suburbia’, and ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Home Again.’
- In 2018, she was seen in the drama horror ‘Extracurricular’. The movie was directed by Ray Xue and was both a critical and commercial success. She was next seen in the TV movie ‘Christmas Bells Are Ringing.’ Her releases in 2019 include the movies ‘Winter Castle’ and ‘Stalked by My Doctor: A Sleepwalker’s Nightmare’. She is currently filming for the David Prior action thriller ‘Assassin’s Fury’, which is scheduled for release in 2020.
- Emilie Ullerup-Petersen was born on October 27, 1984, in Copenhagen, Denmark, to Ove Ullerup-Petersen and Bodil Mørkøv. She has two sisters: Caroline and Simone. She spent her schooling years in Copenhagen and later moved to Vancouver in 2003. She is currently in a relationship with the photographer Kyle Cassie. Many media outlets have said that the couple is married, but neither of them has spoken about their relationship in public. They currently live in Vancouver.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed