Seo Ye-ji Biography
Seo Ye-ji is a South Korean actress best known for her performances in television series such as ‘The Night Watchman's Journal’ and ‘Last’. She had no plans of making a career in the world of glamour and entertainment, and rather wanted to be a television news presenter. However, destiny had other things in store for Seo. She was spotted by CEO of Made in Chan Entertainment, her then management company, who convinced her to become an actress. She made her debut in showbiz in 2013 as a model for SK Telecom and then stepped into acting the same year with the South Korean television sitcom ‘Potato Star 2013QR3’. This was followed by other South Korean television series most notably the historical suspense romance fantasy drama ‘The Night Watchman's Journal’ and the crime action thriller drama ‘Last’ both of which saw her featuring in major roles. Her big-screen performances include films like ‘The Throne’ and ‘Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River’ among others. She has also appeared as a guest in variety shows ‘Running Man’ and ‘Knowing Bros’ and featured in the music video ‘Let's Not Fall In Love’ by Big Bang.
- Seo Ye-ji was born on April 6, 1990 in Seoul, South Korea. Not much is known about her childhood and family.
- She attended Youngwon Middle School and thereafter studied at the Youngshin High School. She planned to become a television news presenter and went to Spain to major in journalism.
- While Seo planned for a career as TV news presenter, things took a different turn when she was spotted by the CEO of Made in Chan Entertainment who persuaded her to foray into acting.
- ‘Made in Chan Entertainment’ was her management company from 2013 to sometime in 2016 following which she became associated with her present agent ‘King Entertainment’.
- Her journey in the world of glamour and entertainment began as a model for SK Telecom in 2013. She made her acting debut that year with the romance comedy family drama ‘Potato Star 2013QR3’. She featured as Noh Soo-young in the series that aired on tvN for 120 episodes from September 23, 2013 to May 15, 2014.
- In 2013, she also featured in the Samsung Galaxy S4 short film ‘Love’ essaying the role of Min-joo.
- She next starred in the South Korean historical suspense romance fantasy drama ‘The Night Watchman's Journal’ also known as ‘The Records of a Night Watchman’, ‘The Night Watchman’, ‘Night Shift of the Joseon Police’ and ‘Night Rangers' Tale’. She essayed a major role of Park Soo-ryeon in the series.
- In 2014, she also featured in Season 5 of the KBS2 weekly program ‘Drama Special’ in its September 21 aired episode titled ‘The Three Female Runaways’. She portrayed the character of Soo-ji in it starring along with Jang Hee-jin and Park Hae-mi.
- The family comedy romance television series ‘Super Daddy Yeol’ featured her in the role of Hwang Ji-hye. The series was adapted from a webtoon bearing the same title and aired from March 13, 2015 to May 2, 2015.
- Her next notable television series was the crime action thriller drama ‘Last’ where she essayed the major role of Shin Na-ra starring opposite Yoon Kye-sang and Lee Beom-soo among others. It aired from July 24, 2015 to September 12, 2015.
- She played the role of Queen Jeongsun in the Lee Joon-ik directed historical period drama film ‘The Throne’ that had Song Kang-ho and Yoo Ah-in in starring roles.
- ‘The Throne’ released on September 16, 2015 and won several awards and accolades including South Korean entry at the 88th Academy Awards in the category of Best Foreign Language Film. It became a blockbuster hit grossing US$42.5 million at the box office.
- The 2015 mystery film ‘Circle of Atonement’, directed by Park Eun-Kyung and Lee Dong-Ha, featured Seo in the role of Kang Yoo-shin. The film had its world premiere at the Busan IFF earlier on October 2 that year.
- In 2015, she also featured as a guest in the variety show ‘Running Man’ in its 244th episode; and in the music video of South Korean boy band ‘Big Bang’ titled ‘Let's Not Fall In Love’.
- She played one of the main characters of Shim Soon-duk in the South Korean fantasy action romance drama ‘Moorim School’ starring along with Lee Hyun-woo, Lee Hong-bin and Jung Yoo-jin. Originally slated to air for 20 episodes, but poor ratings forced its maker to cut it down to 16 episodes. It was aired from January 11, 2016 to March 8, 2016.
- She then appeared in the cameo role of Oh Seo-hee in episode 15 of the romance comedy drama series ‘Another Oh Hae-young’ that emerged among the highest rated Korean dramas in the history of cable television. The series starring Eric Mun, Jeon Hye-bin and Seo Hyun-jin aired on tvN for 18 episodes from May 2, 2016 to June 28, 2016.
- Her next big-screen project was the 2016 film ‘Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River’ also known as ‘Kim Seon-dal’ in which she appeared in the supporting role of Gyu-young. The film was based on Bongyi Kim Sunda and grossed $14,229,264 at the box office.
- The historical coming-of-age romance television series ‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ that starred Park Seo-joon, Go A-ra, and Park Hyung-sik featured Seo in the supporting role of Princess Sook-myung. The series that was both a commercial and critical failure aired on KBS2, for 24 episodes (including 4 special episodes) starting from December 19, 2016 to February 21, 2017.
- The next starring role of Seo was that of Im Sang-mi in the thriller mystery television series ‘Save Me’. This weekend series that is based on Jo Geum San’s popular webcomic titled ‘Out of the World’ aired on OCN for 16 episodes starting from August 5, 2017 to September 24, 2017.
- In 2017, she also featured in the 65th episode of JTBC aired South Korean television entertainment program ‘Knowing Bros’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed