Rob Estes Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born in: Norfolk, Virginia
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Erin Bolte (m. 2010), Josie Bissett (m. 1992–2006)
children: Makai Ever Estes, Mason True Estes, Maya Rose Estes
U.S. State: Virginia
Rob Estes is an American actor, best known for playing Sgt. Chris Lorenzo on the CBS crime drama series 'Silk Stalkings', Kyle McBride on Fox's prime time soap opera 'Melrose Place', and Harry Wilson on the CW teen drama series '90210'. Originally an aspiring stuntman, Estes began his acting career by appearing in small roles on television. He gained recognition for playing Glenn Gallagher on the NBC soap opera 'Days of Our Lives'. He was later seen in major roles on series like 'Suddenly Susan', 'The Evidence', and 'Women's Murder Club', apart from appearing in recurring roles on 'Gilmore Girls', 'CSI: Miami', 'Necessary Roughness', 'The Night Shift' and 'Famous in Love'. His portfolio consists of very few film appearances, which includes 'Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge', 'Aces: Iron Eagle III', 'Nostradamus' and 'Hello Herman'. Estes also starred in several television movies, such as 'Student Exchange', 'Checkered Flag', 'Sweet Temptation', 'A Loss of Innocence', 'Terror in the Mall', 'Counterstrike', 'Edge of the Garden' and 'Tailor Made Murder'.
- Robert Alan Estes was born on July 22, 1963 in Norfolk, Virginia, United States. He attended Santa Monica High School before joining the University of Southern California, where he was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.
- Rob Estes originally planned to become a stunt double and was training for the same before he got interested in acting. He started out with a small role in the anthology series 'CBS Schoolbreak Special' in 1986. He played the role of Billy in the episode 'Have You Tried Talking to Patty?'
- One of his first major roles was on the NBC soap opera 'Days of Our Lives', in which he played Glenn Gallagher for 22 episodes between 1986 and 1987. In the following years, he acted in several made-for-television movies like 'Student Exchange', 'Perfect People', and 'Checkered Flag'. He also had guest roles in series, such as 'Simon & Simon', 'Heartland', '21 Jump Street' and 'Zorro'.
- In 1991, Estes landed the breakthrough role of Sgt. Chris Lorenzo, one half of the 'dynamic duo', alongside Sgt./Lt. Rita Lee Lance played by Mitzi Kapture, in the CBS crime drama 'Silk Stalkings'. The duo became so popular that the ratings sharply dropped when they left the show in 1995 and another pair was brought in to replace them.
- Estes made guest appearances as Sam Towler in two episodes of the prime-time Fox soap opera 'Melrose Place' in 1993. Later in 1996, he was cast in the main role of Kyle McBride on the series, which he portrayed until the series ended following its seventh season in 1999.
- In 1999, he bagged another main role when he was cast as Oliver Browne on the NBC sitcom 'Suddenly Susan', which ended the following year. He also had a recurring role as John Hemming on the NBC drama 'Providence' in 2000.
- Following a few guest roles in series, such as 'The Twilight Zone', 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' and 'Gilmore Girls', he got a main role on the police procedural drama 'The Evidence', playing inspector Sean Cole. In 2006-07, he played the recurring role of Nick Townsend, Natalia Boa Vista’s abusive ex-husband, on 'CSI: Miami'.
- In 2007, Estes bagged the main role of Lieutenant Tom Hogan in the ABC police procedural and legal drama series 'Women's Murder Club'. The following year, he was cast as Harry Wilson on The CW teen drama '90210', which he left in 2010 to focus on his children.
- He later returned to acting in 2012 and played guest roles on the TV shows 'Psych, Castle', 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation', 'CSI: Cyber' and 'Major Crimes'. He also had recurring appearances on TV series, such as 'Necessary Roughness', 'Daytime Divas', 'The Night Shift', and 'Famous in Love'.
- He starred in a number of telefilms throughout his career, most notable of which are 'Sweet Temptation', 'A Loss of Innocence', 'Terror in the Mall' and 'I Do, They Don't'. His few film credits include 'Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge', 'Aces: Iron Eagle III', 'Nostradamus' and 'Hello Herman'. In 'Hello Herman', he starred alongside Norman Reedus, Garrett Backstrom, and Martha Higareda.
- Rob Estes's most popular television roles include playing Sgt. Chris Lorenzo on 'Silk Stalkings', Kyle McBride on 'Melrose Place' and Harry Wilson on '90210'.
- Rob Estes, who appeared alongside actress Josie Bissett on 'Melrose Place', married her on May 1, 1992. They have two children together, son Mason Tru Estes and daughter Maya Rose Estes. The couple separated in 2005 and got divorced a year later.
- He got married to Erin Bolte, a teacher, on June 15, 2010. They welcomed their son Makai Ever in 2011. Estes lives in Orange County with his wife and two sons, Mason and Makai.
- Rob Estes has directed a few episodes of the television series 'Silk Stalkings' and 'Melrose Place'.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed