Rina Lipa Biography
Rina Lipa is an English model, dancer, and upcoming actor, better known as the younger sister of music sensation Dua Lipa. While growing up, Lipa displayed her inclination toward acting and dancing. Her parents encouraged her to follow her passion, and she eventually mastered ballet and contemporary dance. Lipa simultaneously learned acting and completed her degree, too. By the time she hit her teens, Lipa had been part of several commercials. She later worked for several campaigns and advertisements throughout the UK and earned the 'Jack Petchey Award' in 2014. Lipa recently signed with a fashion house that sponsored her fusion collection. She also modeled for the campaign. Lipa has an impressive social-media following, with over 700 thousand ‘Instagram’ followers, which she uses to promote various fashion labels and designers. Lipa is also a teacher and a choreographer.
- Lipa was born on May 14, 2001, in London, England to ethnic Albanian parents, Anesa and Dukagjin Lipa. She has a younger brother named Gjin.
- Lipa was always interested in acting and performing arts and featured in many commercials when she was a child. She eventually developed an interest in dance and started taking ballet classes. She learned acting, too. While at the ballet institute, Lipa performed for several in-house productions. She was academically bright and was also associated with many dance clubs. She would also participate in various competitions.
- She spent 6 years at the 'Sylvia Young Theatre School.' Lipa eventually mastered the Stanislavski technique, which is a form of method acting where an actor can cry on demand. Lipa simultaneously completed her A-levels in media, psychology, and drama.
- In 2006, Lipa featured in a commercial for the telecommunication company 'Ipko.' Two years later, she became part of the 'Business Loans Campaign' for 'Raiffeisen Bank.’ The 'Flour Fortification Campaign' in 2009 was Lipa’s first collaboration with ‘UNICEF.’ She also worked for the organization's anti-smoking campaign, ‘Heart Attack,’ in 2013.
- In 2010, Lipa featured in a commercial for her father’s company, 'Republika Communications Agency.' In 2014, she did an Albanian voice-over, for a Kosovo-based private company named 'Rugove.' That year, she received the 'Jack Petchey Award,' which recognizes outstanding young people across London and Essex. Lipa also participated in the 'The Rock Challenge' dance competition in 2015.
- In 2019, Lipa had a stint as a stylist with the 'Gen Z' fast-fashion label and retailer 'Nasty Gal,' a sub-company of 'Boohoo.com,' when they hired her for a capsule collection that ended with a campaign photo shoot in Venice Beach. The 30-piece number was an amalgamation of her personal style and the nostalgia of the iconic 1990s.
- Lipa has starred in a short film but has not revealed much about it yet. She also has auditions lined up, which suggest her upcoming busy schedule.
- Apart from modeling, Lipa tags companies and other entities in her posts for promotional purposes. She once promoted a 'Sprayground' backpack through a social-media post. However, the post did not indicate whether it was a paid endorsement. In September 2017, Lipa promoted upcoming designer Adele Baron thorough a photo of herself wearing her designs during the ‘London Fashion Week.’
- Lipa’s father, the founder and CEO of 'Republika Communications Agency,' was once a member of a rock band called 'Oda,' in Kosovo, a disputed territory in Southeastern Europe. The family then moved from Kosovo to London in the early 1990s, due to the outbreak of religious violence. However, they moved back to Kosovo in 2006, when Lipa’s father was offered a job there. Lipa’s mother worked for a tourism firm.
- Historian Seit Lipa and the former head of the 'Kosovo Institute of History' (1990 to 1995) is Lipa’s paternal grandfather.
- Lipa often makes public appearances with her sister, Dua. In February 2018, when Dua was awarded the 'British Breakthrough Act' at the 'BRIT Awards,' she surprised Lipa and Gjin by calling them on stage during her acceptance speech.
- Lipa is highly allergic to nuts. Dua once lashed out at 'United Airlines' through a “tweet” for failing to be sensitive to Lipa’s severe nut allergy. She wrote that the flight attendant had advised Lipa to consume an 'EpiPen' capsule instead of protecting her from the allergic reaction. The reaction received mixed reviews. Some critics blasted the airline for not having a protection policy for passengers with severe food allergies, while some slammed Dua for being “entitled.”
- Outlandish and quirky fashion is not Lipa’s style. She loves neutral colors instead.
- Lipa can read, write, and fluently speak Albanian.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed