Beatrice McCartney Biography
Beatrice McCartney is the daughter of the legendary English singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Paul McCartney. Beatrice was born out of Paul McCartney’s marriage with businesswoman and activist Heather Mills. Being the daughter of a world-renowned musician, Beatrice learnt to play the saxophone at a very young age. However, it is not quite known if she would follow in her famous father’s footsteps, as she hardly seems interested in hogging the limelight. Beatrice had once mentioned that she would like to pursue a career as a marine biologist in the later stages of her life.
- Heather Mills appeared in the famous British television chat show, ‘Parkinson,’ on February 22, 2003, and revealed that she had fertility issues because of her previous ectopic pregnancies and that she might not be able to conceive in future. However, Heather and Paul announced in May 2003 that they are expecting their first child together. On October 28, 2003, Heather gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Beatrice Milly McCartney, in London, England. Beatrice was born a year after Paul’s wedding with Heather Mills. Though she was born three weeks earlier than expected, she was healthy and weighed seven pounds at the time of her birth. She was named after Heather Mills’ mother Beatrice and Paul McCartney’s aunt Milly. While Beatrice’s birth was eagerly anticipated by the paparazzi, her parents made sure she stayed out of the tabloids from the very beginning. Beatrice was deliberately kept away from the limelight and was raised like any other kid in London, which ensured a normal childhood.
- Beatrice McCartney has seldom made public appearances. However, there have been a couple of notable instances when she was caught on camera along with her famous father. In October 2011, a seven year old Beatrice was seen as an adorable flower girl at her father’s wedding with American businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The wedding took place at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London, where Beatrice was seen wearing a flowing white dress and a pink coat.
- In May 2017, a 13 year old Beatrice was once again seen with Paul McCartney when the father-daughter duo stepped out in public to watch the iconic musical ‘Carousel.’ At the end of the show, Beatrice was seen happily posing for a backstage photo along with her father and some of the stars of ‘Carousel,’ which included Katherine Jenkins, Alfie Boe, and Nicholas Lyndhurst.
- Beatrice’s parents separated in 2006. On July 29, 2006, British media announced that the legendary musician had filed for divorce. Two years later, the financial terms were finalized in favor of Heather Mills, as she was awarded a whopping £24.3 million. According to the terms, Paul McCartney had to pay for Beatrice’s nanny and school. The former ‘Beatles’ star was also asked to pay Beatrice £35,000 a year until she completes her secondary education. After completing the formalities pertaining to her divorce, Heather Mills took her daughter to Robertsbridge, East Sussex, where she currently resides. Beatrice’s custody however, is still shared between her father and her mother.
- Beatrice has two half-sisters and a half-brother. All her half-siblings, namely Mary McCartney, Stella McCartney, and James McCartney were born from Paul McCartney’s marriage with his first wife, Linda Eastman. While James is a professional musician and songwriter, Mary is a photographer and Stella is working as a fashion designer. Most of Beatrice’s family members are active on social media platforms, such as Instagram and Twitter. But Beatrice is hardly seen on social media, thanks to her mother’s conscious effort to keep her as far as possible from anything that might cast her in the limelight. Beatrice loves playing the saxophone. But unlike her father, she doesn’t want to pursue a career in music and instead wants to become a marine biologist when she grows up.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed