Pearl Lowe Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Pearl Samantha Davis
Born Country: England
Born in: London, United Kingdom
Famous as: Singer, Fashion Designer
Spouse/Ex-: Danny Goffey (m. 2008)
children: Alfie Goffey, Betty Goffey, Daisy Lowe, Frankie Goffey
Pearl Samantha Davis is a fashion and textiles designer and retired singer-songwriter from England. She is more popular by the moniker, Pearl Lowe. A native of London, Lowe was a popular indie singer and musician in the 1990s. From 1994 to 1996, she served as the frontwoman of Powder, which released three singles and a compilation album through Parkway Records. After the group’s break-up, she joined her future husband, Danny Goffey, in forming Lodger. Active between 1997 and 1998, they put out one album and three singles. In later years, Lowe pursued a solo career. She has always been interested in vintage interiors and fashion. In 2001, she set up her self-titled line of lace curtains and cushions. After relocating to Somerset, Lowe started making her own bespoke handmade dresses and childrenswear. She also did interior designing for several private clients. In 2017, she began selling a collection of bespoke dresses for women through her website.
- Pearl Lowe was born on April 7, 1970, in London, England, to Eddie and Leila Davis. Both of her parents were of Jewish descent. Their ancestors had immigrated to England from Russia, Ukraine, the Netherlands, France, and Portugal. Leila worked as an interior designer, while Eddie was a bouncer. She named her daughter after her own mother, who passed away on the day she gave birth to Pearl. Lowe attended LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) for a brief period.
- In 1994, Pearl Lowe formed the Britpop band “Powder” with Mark Thomas (guitar), Tim McTighe (bass), and James Walden (drums). Signed to Parkway Records, the group put out their first single, ‘20th Century Gods’, in 1995. Later that year, they released ‘Afrodisiac’ and performed at several festivals. They also made an appearance on the prime-time BBC music special ‘Britpop Now’. In November 1995, they put out their third and final single, ‘Deep Fried’, before parting ways in 1996. They released their compilation album, ‘MCMXCV’, in 1997.
- Lowe and Goffey created the band “Lodger” with co-vocalist Neil Carlill and guitarist Will Foster in 1997. They released three singles, ‘I’m Leaving’, ‘Always Round Here’, and ‘Small Change’, and one album, ‘Walk in the Park’, through Island Records. Lodger broke up in 1998. Lowe subsequently embarked on a solo career. She released a self-titled collection of four songs and an album named ‘8 Tracks’ in 2002.
- Lowe developed a deep passion for vintage interiors and fashion quite early in her life. In 2001, she founded her self-titled line of lace curtains and cushions. After relocating to Somerset, she began making bespoke handmade dresses and childrenswear that were purchased by The Liberty and The Cross in London. She has also made capsule ranges for Peacocks. As an interior designer, she worked with a number of private clients.
- In 2017, she began selling bespoke dresses for women through her website. It is a continuation of the Petite Pearl Lowe “luxury dress up collection” of vintage-inspired costumes. For the line, she drew inspiration from the circus. It is marketed towards young girls and can be purchased at retailers, Harrods, and Selfridges.
- Lowe is an accomplished author. She published her memoir, ‘All That Glitters’, in 2007. In 2013, she put out her interior designing book, ‘Pearl Lowe’s Vintage Craft’. She has made appearances on various reality shows, including ‘Britain's Next Top Model’ and ‘Four Rooms’.
- Prior to her relationship with Goffey, Pearl Lowe was married to fertility specialist Bronner Handwerger. During their brief marriage, Lowe had a passionate one-night stand with her friend, musician, and former frontman of the rock group Bush, Gavin Rossdale. On January 27, 1989, Lowe’s oldest child, a daughter she named Daisy, was born. Daisy spent the first 14 years of her life believing that Handwerger was her father. However, in 2003, Lowe told Daisy that there was a possibility that Rossdale, and not Handwerger, was her father. Being her godfather, Rossdale was already involved in Daisy’s life. He was even present at all her school’s parents’ evenings. When Daisy expressed her desire to know the identity of her biological father, Lowe arranged a DNA test for her. The test proved that Lowe’s assumptions were correct. Rossdale was indeed Daisy’s biological father. However, he had told Lowe that if Daisy had a DNA test, he would not speak to Lowe again. After the result came out, he cut off contact with both Lowe and Daisy.
- By 2010, the relationship between Daisy and Rossdale seemed to have improved. According to Daisy, they had reconciled and she had become quite close to his three other children (with Gwen Stefani).
- Daisy has grown up to become a prominent fashion model. Since 1995, Lowe has been in a relationship with Danny Goffey, who was once affiliated with the rock band Supergrass as the drummer and backing vocalist. They have three children together: two sons, Alfie (born 1996) and Frankie (born 1999), and one daughter, Betty (born 2005). The couple tied the knot on December 4, 2008. After spending many years in North London, she and her family moved to Somerset, where they currently reside. Lowe is involved with several charities, including Action on Addiction, the NSPCC, Crisis, and Shelter.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed