Odell Beckham Jr. Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Famous as: American Football Wide Receiver
father: Odell Beckham Sr.
mother: Heather Van Norman
siblings: Jasmine Beckham, Kordell Beckham
City: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Grouping of People: Black Men
education: Louisiana State University
Odell Beckham Jr. is an American footballer, who happens to be a wide receiver and plays for the New York Giants team of the National Football League. He started playing football with keen interest in school and was so hooked to the sport that he would practice for hours with his mates, and even alone whenever he had to. He played for the Louisiana State University and due to his breathtaking skills and an impeccable hold over his game, got drafted by NYG (New York Giants) for the 2014 NFL draft. He was the twelfth player to be chosen among a lot. Overtime, Beckham has cemented his place in the Giants team and has been one of the most successful and productive players for them. But eventually, all the fame and glory took a hold over his psyche and he found himself in the midst of many controversies, some of them dire enough to threaten his ‘still young’ professional football career. Due to missing first few games while starting up with the Giants, he got a chance to play in the fifth game of the rookie season. In his first season alone, he broke several rookie receiving records. By the closing of the season, Odell made a one handed touchdown catch and grabbed the national attention. It is still called by the sport specialists and pundits as the greatest catch ever made. Beckham has continued on with his scintillating form and continues to secure wins for New York Giants, sometimes, singlehandedly.
- Odell Cornelious Beckham Jr. was born on 5th November 1992 in Baton Rouge Louisiana, USA, to Heather Van Norman and Odell Beckham Sr. His parents also happened to be accomplished athletes back in their time along with his stepdad Derek Mills. He is eldest of the three Beckham kids; he has a younger brother Kordell, and a sister Jasmine.
- He attended Isidore Newman High school in New Orleans, but his attendance was never remarkable in the classrooms. As a child, Odell was quite fascinated with the world of sports and was often seen on the basketball court and track.
- His parent’s close association with sports and the ‘athletic vibes’ in their house compelled little Odell to take up a career in sports. His father was at LSU, where he played running back while his mother, also at LSU was a famed track runner.
- Odell has mentioned that as a kid, he was quite athletic and his parents brought him up in a ‘sporty manner’ and that is precisely where he gets his thunderous self confidence from.
- Odell Beckham started his football career at the college level while studying in the Louisiana State University, playing for the football team. As a freshman, Odell gave the first glimpse of his talent by ending up with two touchdowns, and 41 receptions for 475 yards and earned himself a freshman all*SEC selection.
- His sophomore year was no less eventful and he carried forward his phenomenal form, starting 12 of the 13 total games. As a junior in 2013, he along with Jarvis Landry formed one of the most brilliant wide receiver duos, which is still termed as one of the best catches in the history of major college league in United States of America.
- In 2013, Odell was awarded with the Paul Hornug award, which is given annually to the best player in the major college football league. He finally said goodbye to the 2013 season with thrilling 57 receptions and eight touchdowns and later, was selected to play for the New York Giants in the big leagues, the NFL.
- Odell missed a major chunk of his first season as a professional footballer due to the hamstring injury and when he finally made his first appearance in the fifth match against Atlanta Falcons, he recorded four receptions and one touchdown, which was an achievement considering it was his first game.
- Odell carried on with his form in the remaining matches and achieved a celebrity status among the sport fans. He was at the ultimate high during the regular season finale match against Philadelphia Eagles where he recorded 185 receiving yards, a career high for him and set the record for any rookie player performing this way in the history of the franchise.
- For the 2015 Pro Bowl, Odell was the first alternate and became the first Giants rookie wide receiver in the franchise’s history. After the Pro Bowl match, he revealed that he was unhealthy during most part of the 2014 season and was never quite fully recovered while playing.
- Odell became one of the most looked after player after the 2014 season and many sportswriters appreciated his techniques, naming him one of the most influential rookies in the history of the franchise. Madden NFL 16, the coveted magazine dedicated to the sport, features Odell on the cover making him the youngest player to have blessed with the honour.
- 2015 season turned out to be good for Odell, but not without a little roadblocks. He got involved in multiple confrontations with Josh Norman from Carolina Panthers and Odell was suspended from one game afterwards. He ended the season by climbing up to 10th spot in the NFL rankings.
- 2016 was full of successes and even more controversies. Odell ended up starting in all 16 games and finished with 101 receptions and 10 touchdowns, which was the highest of his career and for the third consecutive year, he turned out as Pro Bowl Selection.
- Odell Beckham is great friends with David Alaba, a Bayern Munich star player and Odell has mentioned that he is among his favourite contemporary footballers.
- Odell is a public figure and he feels no hesitance in opening up about his personal life to media and his fans. He supposedly had a long term affair with reality TV star Khloe Kardashian, and they both were seen together in numerous events holding hands.
- He has also been linked with Amber Rose and Zendaya. However, talking about his current relationship status, he maintains that he is dating no one.
- Odell has always been concerned about his future and that is why he still practices a lot in the free time. He also loves Italian food and has said that he is addicted to it.
- He is quite active on social networking sites and enjoys a tremendous Twitter following.
- Odell is widely considered to be one of the richest American sportsmen and has a net worth and annual salary of USD 5 Million and 1.9 Million respectively.
- He considers NBA star Shaquille O’Neil as a father figure and says that Shaq is the most influential athlete for him, apart from his parents.
- Odell Beckham Jr. is a fan of romantic comedies and says that ‘Lady in the Tramp’ is one of his all time favourite films.
- Odell himself is his style icon and he loves experimenting with different hairstyles and beard designs.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed