A rebel and a saint in the same body, that’s the story of Amber Rose, the model turned actress turned author turned women’s advocate. She is one of the most colorful personalities in Hollywood today and her life story is nothing but a series of bold decisions that not just defies but decimates stereotypes. From starting her career as a model and then graduating to rapping and subsequently acting, Amber is currently a full time fashion designer and mom. She has appeared in several music videos for all the big names of the rap and hip hop industry and has modeled for big fashion brands. She has also made appearances in reality television shows. From appearing uber confident with her busty figure in front of the camera to engaging in fiery feuds with the Kardashian Clan, Amber Rose’s appeal has risen in the eyes of her fans. She has used her fame well by advocating several charities and spreading awareness for women’s rights through her non-profit organization Amber Rose Foundation. Through her foundation, she has been quite vocal against sexual violence, victim blaming, derogatory labels and gender inequality. Amber has more than 14 million followers on Instagram.
- Amber started her career quite young owing to the financial condition of her family. She started out by working as a stripper to pay for expenses. She later graduated to modeling and started getting steady gigs.She made her first appearance in music videos in Ludacris’ "What Them Girls Like". This marked a milestone in Amber Rose’s career and she caught the attention of Rapper/singer Kanye West. She reached the height of her modeling career when she appeared in the Louis Vuitton print ad for Kanye’s signature footware collection appearing naked on the man’s lap. The two started dating and made frequent appearances together in public events.She continued to make appearances in music videos of the industry’s big names like in Young Jeezy's "Vacation", Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack", Fabolous' "You Be Killin' Em", and Wiz Khalifa's "No Sleep". She also featured in runway shows modeling for designer Celestino at New York Fashion Week. She also signed on with the elite Ford Models agency in 2009.Amber made her television debut in 2010 with the reality show ‘Running Russell Simmons’. She also appeared as a guest judge in RuPaul’s Drag Race, 3rd season and a full-time judge in ‘Master of the Mix’, 2nd season. In 2011, she became the face of Smirnoff promoting the company’s new Whipped Cream and Fluffed Marshmallow flavored Vodka in both TV and print commercial. She started her own talk show in 2016 titled the ‘The Amber Rose Show’ on VH1. Amber competed in the 23rd season of the famous show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ and finished 9th.Amber is also an accomplished rapper and released her debut single ‘Fame’ featuring Wiz Khalifa in the year 2012. Her second single ‘Loaded’ was released the same year. She also rapped in Wiz’s album O.N.I.F.C.Amber started her career as a designer by launching a line of signature eyewear in 2009 under the website MuvaRose.com. She expanded her line to other fashion merchandise like bags, clothing line and jewelry. She is also a published author, with the title ‘How to Be a Bad Bitch’ coming out in 2015.What Makes Amber Rose So Special
- Her relationship with Kanye West catapulted Amber to media stardom and she has managed to keep the spotlight trained on her so far. Her humble beginnings at South Philly have made her a relatable figure to her fans. Add to that the fact she never shies away from her past and had always preached about being comfortable in one’s uniqueness (the shaved head, case in point).That super-hot body, her devil-may-care attitude and her openness about herself is probably what made two most successful icons of the music industry fall for her.Amber is a fierce advocate of women’s rights and she led the ‘SlutWalk’ in LA in association with Funny or Die in 2015 to show her support to women being labeled for sexual behavior that comes naturally to them.Scandal and Controversies
- She has always been open about her struggles regarding bullying in school and has come out as a bisexual to her fans. She has never shied away from the fact that she worked as a stripper at 15. Neither has she ever been a conformist, fitting into roles designated by the society.Her high-profile relationship with Kanye and the following high profile breakup led to a long drawn out twitter battle with the Kardashian clan. When Amber and Kanye split in 2010, she accused Kim Kardashian to be the ‘homewrecker’. Kim, her sister Khloe and even Kanye, came up with a vicious attack which relied heavily on her past as a stripper. Amber held her own; her strength won people’s hearts and her number of her followers on social media sky-rocketed.Amber has had her fair share of famous men after Kanye West. She was married to hip-hop artist, Wiz Khalifa, all for 14 months before calling it quits. Before and after that she was involved with names like Chris Brown, LeBron James, Safaree Samuels, Nick Cannon, Machine Gun Kelly, Odell Beckham, Jr., Terrence Ross and Val Chmerkovskiy.Personal Life & Family
- Amber Rose was born as Amber Levonchuck in Philadephia and she later adopted her mother’s name. She has a son named Sebastian Taylor Thomaz with musician, Wiz Khalifa, born in 2013. She shares the custody of her son with ex-husband Wiz. Amber is of mixed descent, half Cape Verdean, half Irish.Trivia
- Amber Rose has been shaving her head twice a week since she was 19 years old.
How To CiteArticle Title- Amber Rose BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/amber-rose-32551.phpLast Updated- April 28, 2017
People Also ViewedAlso Listed In