Nicole Scherzinger Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Nicole Prescovia Elikolani Valiente
Born Country: United States
Born in: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Famous as: Singer
father: Alfonso Valiente, Gary Scherzinger
mother: Rosemary Elikolani
siblings: Keala Scherzinger
U.S. State: Hawaii
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
education: Youth Performing Arts School
Nicole Scherzinger is a well-known American recording artist, actress, and TV personality. Born in Hawaii in the United States, Nicole initially gained fame as a participant in the reality TV show ‘Popstars.’ She later became the lead singer of the musical group ‘The Pussycat Dolls’ which eventually became one of the world’s most popular and best-selling girl groups. Till date, the group has released two hit albums, ‘PCD’ and ‘Doll Domination.’ After the disbandment of the group in 2010, she was seen in the American dance competition series ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ She was also seen in an American singing competition called ‘The Sing-Off.’ Her debut studio album ‘Killer Love’ released in 2011. With hit singles, such as ‘Poison’ and ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath,’ the album was a commercial success, and became the year’s 20th best-selling album by a female artist. She is also known for her charitable activities. Deeply involved with the UNICEF, Nicole was honored with the ‘Global Gift Philanthropist Award’ at the ‘Global Gift Gala.’ In addition to her singing career, she has also appeared in films, such as ‘Men in Black 3’ and ‘Dirty Dancing.’ In 2019, ‘The Pussycat Dolls’ announced their reunion.
- Nicole Scherzinger was born Nicole Prescovia Elikolani Valiente on 29 June 1978, in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. Her father Alfonso Valiente is of Filipino descent, while her mother Rosemary Elikolani is of Native Hawaiian and Ukrainian ancestry. Her parents separated when she was still a baby. Her mother later married Gary Scherzinger, whose surname Nicole eventually adopted.
- She developed an interest in music after receiving a cassette tape of Whitney Houston. She attended the ‘Youth Performing Arts School’ at ‘DuPont Manual High School.’ Later, she also attended ‘Wright State University’ in Dayton, Ohio, where she studied theatre as well as dance.
- Nicole Scherzinger decided to leave college when she was hired by the popular band ‘Days of the New.’ She made contributions to the group’s second self-titled album.
- She then quit the band and auditioned for the reality TV show ‘Popstars.’ Later, she joined the all-girls group ‘Eden’s Crush.’ The band’s debut single ‘Get Over Yourself’ turned out to be a hit, peaking at number eight and number one on ‘US Hot 100’ and the ‘Canadian Albums,’ respectively.
- Around this time, she also made her film debut in the 2003 comedy film ‘Chasing Papi’ where she played a cameo role. Directed by Linda Mendoza, the film follows the hilarious adventure of three women after they discover that the same man has been dating all three of them at the same time. The same year, she made an appearance in another comedy film titled ‘Love Don’t Cost a Thing.’
- Later, she joined another all-girl band named ‘The Pussycat Dolls.’ The group’s debut album ‘PCD’ released in September 2005. It included hit singles, such as ‘Don’t Cha’ and ‘Wait a Minute.’ Debuting at number five on the ‘US Billboard 200,’ the album became a huge commercial success, and has sold over seven million copies worldwide.
- After the success of the group’s debut album, Nicole began working on her first solo album. Around the same time, she also started working for the group’s second album ‘Doll Domination.’ In September 2008, ‘Doll Domination’ released and peaked at the fourth position on the ‘US Billboard 200.’ However, the album didn’t perform well commercially. It received mostly mixed reviews from critics.
- In 2010, after she had quit the band, Nicole was seen in the American dance competition series ‘Dancing with the Stars’ where she won the competition along with her dance partner Derek Hough.
- The following year, Nicole Scherzinger released her debut solo album ‘Killer Love.’ The album peaked at eighth position on the ‘UK Albums Chart.’ With hit singles, such as ‘Poison,’ ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath,’ and ‘Right There,’ the album went on to become a commercial success.
- Her next album ‘Big Fat Lie,’ which released in 2014, was a moderate success. It included singles, such as ‘Your Love,’ ‘On the Rocks,’ and ‘Girl with a Diamond Heart.’ It received mostly mixed reviews.
- In June 2015, she was adjudged the winner of a variety show called ‘I Can Do That.’ Two years later, she launched her perfume brand, ‘Chosen by Nicole Scherzinger.’
- In 2018, Scherzinger lent her voice for the computer-animated comedy film ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet.’
- Scherzinger began appearing as a judge on ‘Australia's Got Talent’ for its ninth season in April 2019. She had also appeared as a judge in ‘The X Factor.’
- In 2019, ‘The Pussycat Dolls’ announced their reunion. Scherzinger joined hands with other members of the band for new studio sessions.
- ‘PCD,’ the debut studio album released by Nicole Scherzinger’s group ‘The Pussycat Dolls’ in 2005, can be regarded as the first significant work of her career. The album, which explores themes, such as feminism and romance, debuted at fifth position on the ‘US Billboard 200.’ It became a huge commercial success, and sold seven million copies worldwide. With hits, such as ‘Don’t Cha,’ ‘Beep,’ ‘I Don’t Need a Man,’ and ‘Feeling Good,’ the album topped several musical charts in countries like Australia, Belgium, New Zealand, and the UK.
- ‘Killer Love,’ Scherzinger’s debut solo album, released in 2011. The album debuted at fourth position on the ‘UK Digital Albums,’ and was a commercial success. It even became the 20th best-selling album of the year by a female artist. The album included hit singles, such as ‘Killer Love,’ ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath,’ ‘Right There,’ and ‘Wet.’
- ‘Men in Black 3,’ released in 2012, is among the few films that feature Nicole Scherzinger. The film, which was directed by popular American filmmaker Barry Sonnenfeld, featured her in a cameo role as ‘Lilly Poison,’ the former girlfriend of ‘Boris the Animal,’ a ruthless criminal. The film performed well commercially, and grossed more than $600 million worldwide. It received mostly mixed reviews.
- Nicole Scherzinger has won the ‘Cosmopolitan Award’ twice for ‘Fun Fearless Female’ and ‘Ultimate TV Personality’ in 2012 and 2013, respectively. She has also received the ‘Asian Award’ for ‘Outstanding Achievement in Music.’
- She has received several nominations throughout her career. She was nominated for the ‘Teen Choice Award’ for ‘Choice Movie Stealer’ for her role in ‘Men in Black 3.’
- Nicole Scherzinger has been romantically involved with several men, including singer Nick Hexum, racing champion Lewis Hamilton, and tennis player Grigor Dimitrov.
- Inspired by her aunt, who suffers from Down syndrome, she has made several contributions toward charitable organizations. She has been involved with UNICEF, and has traveled to countries, such as the Philippines to look for ways to help needy children.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed