Christian Dannemann Eriksen is a Danish professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Tottenham Hotspur, an English football club, as well as the Denmark National Team. Born in Middlefart, Denmark, he began playing football even before attaining the age of three. From the age of thirteen, he began playing for the Odense Boldklub, a Danish professional football team. He played well and his coaches were sure that he had a bright future ahead. Later, he signed a contract worth around a million Euros with the club Ajax. At the age of 15, he also joined the Danish Under-17 football team. Soon enough, he was named the ‘Danish Talent of the Year’ by the Danish Football Association. Due to his outstanding performances, he was able to represent the Danish national team in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He was the youngest player taking part in the tournament. However, his team did not perform very well. In his career so far, he has received several important awards and honors including the ‘Danish Football Player of the Year’ award thrice.
- Christian Erikson was born on 14th February 1992 in Middlefart, Denmark. He started playing football even before reaching the age of three.In 2005, when he was thirteen, he joined the Odense Boldklub after which he started taking part in Danish youth championships. He performed quite well in his debut season, though his team was beaten in the semifinals. At the end of the tournament, he was named the ‘Best Technical Player’.He attracted interest from many European football clubs owing to his brilliant performances. Eventually he took the decision to sign a contract worth around a million Euros with the Amsterdam-based club Ajax.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Club Career
- Christian Eriksen scored his first goal for Ajax on 25 March 2010, in a match against Go Ahead Eagles. During his first season with the team, he played in a total of 21 matches. Though he had scored only one goal, his overall performance was quite appreciated and therefore, he was selected to make his international debut the same year.His performance in the 2010-11 season was also brilliant. In December, he earned the title of Danish ‘Talent of the Year’. He continued to prove his worth by scoring goals in several winning matches. He earned multiple titles that year, including Ajax’s ‘Talent of the Year’ and ‘Dutch Football Talent of the Year,’ becoming the second Danish player to win the award. He provided many assists throughout the season and his contribution to the team was much appreciated.He eventually left Ajax after playing in 113 league matches for the team and scoring 25 goals. He next signed with the English club Tottenham Hotspur. He made his league debut in September 2013 in a match against Norwich City, which ended in a 2-0 victory for his team. He continued performing brilliantly for the team, scoring multiple goals. He scored ten goals during the entire season, and won the Danish Player of the Year Award as well.As he continued his successful career, he was named the Danish Footballer of the Year for the third time in 2016. This made him the first player to win the award thrice consecutively. He scored eight goals and fifteen assists during the 2016-17 season. The league campaign ended with his club being the runners-up to the winning team Chelsea. The following season, he continued scoring for his team and eventually won the ‘Tottenham Player of the Year’ Award for a second time.International Career
- Christian Eriksen began his international career in July 2007, playing for the Denmark’s national Under-17 team. The following year, he was named ‘Danish U-17 Talent of the Year’ by the Danish Football Association. He played for the team till February 2009. He also played for the U-18 and U-19 squads in 2009.He made his debut for the Danish National Team in 2010 in a friendly match against Austria. He was also selected as one of the players to represent his country at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. He was the youngest player at the tournament. He played in only two matches and his team didn’t perform very well. They were eliminated in the group stage.In 2011, he took part in a friendly match against England, in which his team was beaten 2-1. He was named the Man of the Match and was praised for his performance. He scored his first national goal in June 2011, helping his team gain a 2-0 victory against Iceland, thus enabling his team to qualify for the Euro 2012. This made him the youngest Danish player to ever score a goal in European qualification.In 2018, he played an important part in helping the team quality for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. His performance was appreciated by the team manager Age Hareide, who called him one of the top ten players in the world.Awards & Achievements
- The awards and honors received by Christian Eriksen include Ajax Talent of the Future (2010), Danish Talent of the Year (2010 and 2011), and Danish Football Player of the Year (2013, 2014, 2015, and 2017).He won the Dutch Footballer of the Year Bronze Boot in 2012.He is the first footballer to have won the Danish Football Player of the Year Award thrice consecutively.Christian Eriksen holds the record of most goals scored by a Danish player in the Premier League.Personal Life
- Though Eriksen hasn’t revealed much about his personal life, in late 2017 he announced that he is expecting a child with his girlfriend Sabrina Kvist Jensen.
How To CiteArticle Title- Christian Eriksen BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/christian-eriksen-36019.phpLast Updated- March 29, 2018
People Also Viewed