Niall Horan Biography
Niall Horan is an Irish singer and guitarist, best known for being a member of the boy band ‘One Direction’. He was quite fond of music since a young age and often played the guitar. It was his aunt who realized that he is quite talented and felt that Niall Horan should pursue singing. During his teens, he attended an audition of the famous television reality show ‘The X Factor’. The judges weren’t quite impressed with his singing skills, but that wasn’t the end of the road for Niall Horan. He soon collaborated with a few of his fellow contestants to form a band called ‘One Direction’, which gained a huge following worldwide. Niall Horan has contributed immensely towards the songs of the various albums released by the band – mostly as a co-writer. In 2016 he released a single called ‘This Town’, which received a lot of critical acclaim and also turned out to be a chartbuster.
- Niall Horan was born to Bobby Horan and Maura Gallagher on 13 September 1993 in Mullingar, Ireland. His parents decided to split when he was barely five years old.He pursued his primary education at ‘St Kenny National School’ and ‘Catholic Secondary School’He got to play his brother’s guitar at a young age and spent quite a lot of time at the ‘Mullingar Arts Centre’.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- Niall Horan came into the limelight in 2010, when he attended the auditions for the seventh season of the famous television reality show ‘The X Factor’. His rendition of ‘So Sick’ didn’t impress the judges Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry, though Simon Cowell was quite impressed. Thus, his journey on the reality show didn’t turn out to be a fruitful one.He was among the few contestants of that season who were chosen for the ‘X Factor Bootcamp’ to polish their skills. Celebrity singer, Nicole Scherzinger, who was one of the guest judges of the reality show, suggested that Niall Horan team up with four other fellow contestants and form a band of their own.Thus, Niall Horan collaborated with Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne to form the band ‘One Direction’. The group started their journey by performing covers of several popular songs, such as Kelly Clarkson’s ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ and singer Bonnie Tyler’s composition ‘Total Eclipse Of The Heart’.The band performed at several venues together and with the help of ‘The X Factor’ judge Simon Cowell, it bagged a contract worth 2 million pounds with the record label ‘Syco’.Soon, the band travelled to several parts of the United Kingdom and performed at crowded venues. It is believed that around 500,000 people in total attended the various concerts of ‘One Direction’.2011 saw the release of the band’s first album, titled ‘Up All Night’ which went on to become a huge success worldwide. Soon, ‘One Direction’ released several other albums, namely ‘Take Me Home’ and ‘Midnight Memories’, which were quite successful too.After being a part of ‘One Direction’ for quite some time, Niall Horan signed a deal with the label ‘Capitol Records’ for his independent venture in 2016. His single ‘This Town’ was released in September 2016 and went on to become a chartbuster. It secured the 9th and 20th spots on the ‘UK Singles Chart’ and the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ charts respectively.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Niall Horan’s best achievement is undoubtedly his single ‘This Town’. Not only was the song a chartbuster worldwide, but was also certified Gold and Silver by several music associations such as ‘BPI’, ‘ARIA’ and ‘MC’.Awards & Achievements
- In early 2017, Niall Horan received the award for ‘Favourite Breakout Artist’ at the ‘People’s Choice Awards’ ceremony.Personal Life & Legacy
- Niall Horan’s parents divorced when he was five and his mother has since remarried. Niall has an older brother named Greg.Apart from music, he is also quite fond of sports and is an ardent follower of Cricket, Football and Tennis. In fact, in 2010, the same year as his ‘The X Factor’ auditions, Niall Horan hurt himself terribly while playing football. The injury caused significant damage to his kneecap.In an interview, Niall Horan revealed that he was influenced by several artistes such as Michael Bublé, Frank Sinatra and Bon Jovi. In fact, he claimed that he could relate to Michael Bublé’s journey very much, since both of them had a similar life story.In 2016, Niall Horan collaborated with ace golf player Justin Rose for a social cause. They came together for an event called ‘Horan and Rose Gala’ in a bid to help kids and teens across the UK who are suffering from Cancer.Niall Horan also participated in a soccer match in 2016, which was an event organized by ‘UNICEF’ to raise funds for charity. He played in a team which included several celebrities such as actor and activist Michael Sheen, singer Nicky Byrne, as well as chef, Gordon Ramsay.Trivia
- After getting badly injured during a soccer match in 2010, Niall Horan was helped by José Mourinho, the famous coach of the soccer team ‘Arsenal’. The latter invited Niall Horan to attend physiotherapy sessions along with the team’s players.
AwardsPeople's Choice Awards
2017 Favorite Breakout Artist Winner
How To CiteArticle Title- Niall Horan BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/niall-horan-29849.php
People Also Viewed