Joel Madden Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Joel
Born in: Waldorf, Maryland
Famous as: Pop Punk Singers
Spouse/Ex-: Nicole Richie
father: Roger Combs
mother: Robin Madden
siblings: Benji Madden
children: Sparrow Madden
U.S. State: Maryland
Founder/Co-Founder: MADE Clothing, DCMA Collective
education: La Plata High School
Joel Madden is a multi-talented personality; he is the lead vocalist of the American pop punk band ‘Good Charlotte’, actor, DJ, and record producer. He also runs a pop band, namely, ‘The Madden Brothers’, in collaboration with his twin brother Benji Madden. Joel Madden started his music journey with the formation of band, at the age of 16, along with his brother and a friend, but their band didn’t last long. Thereafter Madden brothers formed another band with their fellow high school friends and this band became the popular punk rock band ‘Good Charlotte’. The band came up with its debut album in 2000. He has also done cameos in few movies along with his band members. Joel Madden also has a clothing line known as MADE Clothing which he started with his brothers. He has been the coach of the Australian reality show ‘The Voice Australia’, since 2012 and is the only coach to appear in all five seasons. He has also featured in TV series ‘Empire’ a show based on musicians.
- Joel Madden was born on 11 March, 1979 in Waldorf, Maryland, to Robin Madden and Roger Combs. He has an identical twin brother, Benji Madden. Benji also plays guitar and is a singer for backing vocals in their band.
- He has an older brother named Josh Madden who is also a musician. He also has a younger sister, named Sarah Madden. Joel Madden studied at La Plata High School.
- Joel Madden started his first band at the age of 16 with his brother Benji and a friend. The band didn’t last long and the Maddens decided to form another band with their high school mates, namely, Paul Thomas, Aaron Escolopio and Billy Martin. This band came to be known as ‘Good Charlotte’.
- The name of the band is inspired from children’s book, ‘Good Charlotte: Girls of the Good Day Orphanage’ by Carol Beach York. The band came up with its debut studio album ‘Good Charlotte’ in 2001 and it included three singles: "Little Things", "Motivation Proclamation", and "Festival Song".
- In 2002, the band came up with its second album ‘The Young and the Hopeless’. The album was a big hit and sold 4.9 million copies. The album's single "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", topped the charts worldwide and reached a peak position of number 20 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed