Natalie La Rose Biography
Natalie La Rose is a Dutch recording artist who relocated to Los Angeles at the age of 20 to pursue her dream of becoming a star and succeeded in the music industry soon after. She was born in Amsterdam and has Surinamese roots. After an initial struggle in the US, she met Flo Rida at the ‘ESPY Awards’ ceremony and got invited to audition at his studio. This proved to be a turning point in her career. She signed a deal with his label, ‘International Music Group’ (IMG), and with ‘Republic Records’ and toured around the world with him as a lead singer. Her debut single dance track, ‘Somebody,’ featuring Jeremih, was an instant international success and reached number 10 on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100’ list. Her second single, ‘Around the World,’ featured Fetty Wap and was equally successful. She won the ‘EBBA’ award from the Netherlands. She was nominated for the ‘MTV Europe Music Awards’ for the ‘Best Push Act’ and the ‘Best Dutch Act.’ She is active on social media were she has a large fan following. She refers to her fans as the ‘Rozers’ or ‘Team La Rose.’ Even after attaining success, she remains a humble girl who has struggled to succeed in the entertainment world.
- Natalie was born on July 12, 1988, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. She is of Surinamese descent. As a child, she would often dance and sing with her younger sister. She also has two elder brothers who did not take to music. Her parents encouraged their daughters to learn music by sending them to a dance academy.In 2008, she graduated from the ‘Lucia Marthas Dance Academy’ in Amsterdam, where she formally learnt music and dance. She was also greatly influenced by artists such as Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, and Jennifer Lopez during her early years and developed her own style of blending the old with the new as she grew up.Soon, she wanted to pursue a career in music and realized that the Netherlands did not have much to offer in terms of a music career. Determined to fulfil her dreams, she relocated to Los Angeles, California, at the age of 20 and began her struggle to become a star.Her initial years were difficult, as she was in a foreign country where she had to fend for herself. Her ventures with ‘Interscope Records’ and ‘Blackground Records,’ as part of an Amsterdam-based musical duo with Sigourney Korper, failed to make a mark. This made her suffer a setback till she appeared as the lead female dancer in ‘Dedication to My Ex’ by American R&B singer Lloyd, in 2011. She also appeared in the J Lewis music video titled ‘Dancing for Me.’Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- Natalie met international superstar Flo Rida at the ‘ESPY’ awards ceremony in 2011 and got invited to audition at his studio. He was impressed by her performance. Soon, she officially signed a contract with his label, ‘IMG,’ and ‘Republic Records.’ For the next two years, she toured around the world with Flo Rida and performed live as a lead singer. She also appeared in his video ‘G.D.F.R’ and wrote a few songs for him.Having gained exposure during her world tour, she soon decided to release her debut single dance track, ‘Somebody,’ featuring Def Jam and Jeremih, in January 2015. The number was an instant international success and reached number 10 on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100’ and number two on the ‘UK Singles Chart.’ It reached number 12 on the ‘Australian ARIA Singles Chart’ that year.She also performed with Debby Ryan and Bea Miller of ‘Fifth Harmony,’ as part of their ‘Reflection Tour’ of Europe, North America, and Asia, in 2015. By then, she was a popular figure on stage and had established herself as a crowd-puller.The same year, her second single, ‘Around the World,’ was released. The number featured Fetty Wap and was produced by Max Martin. She also appeared in the music videos of the songs ‘Worse Things than Love,’ ‘Gypsy Woman,’ and ‘The Right Song,’ which gained positive reviews from music critics.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Her singles ‘Somebody’ and ‘Around the World’ were released in 2015.She has appeared in the music videos of ‘Dancing for Me’ by J Lewis, ‘Dedication to My Ex’ by Lloyd, and ‘G.D.F.R.’ by Flo Rida.Awards & Achievements
- In 2017, Natalie La Rose won the ‘EBBA’ award from the Netherlands, for her phenomenal success outside her native country.In 2015, she was also nominated for the ‘MTV Europe Music Award’ for the ‘Best Push Act’ and the ‘Best Dutch Act.’Personal Life & Legacy
- She is active on social media and has a large fan following on ‘Instagram’ and ‘Facebook.’ She refers to her fans as the ‘Rozers’ or ‘Team La Rose.’ She lives in Los Angeles where she has made quite a few professional acquaintances. However, she is reportedly single.She remains a humble girl who has successfully climbed the ladder of the entertainment world after a lot of struggle. She is serious about her profession and gives due respect to her seniors in the business.Trivia
- When she first saw Flo Rida at the 2011 ‘ESPY Awards’ ceremony, she confidently went up to him and announced that she wished to work with him someday. The superstar was taken by surprise by the newcomer.Natalie and Flo Rida hit the red carpet together at the 2015 ‘BET Awards’ ceremony held at ‘Microsoft Theater,’ Los Angeles. She also performed the number ‘Somebody’ at the event.She is more passionate about dance than singing. She works out the dance steps of her songs and comes up with signature moves every time, much before the tunes are set to proper lyrics.
How To CiteArticle Title- Natalie La Rose BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/natalie-la-rose-41737.php
People Also Viewed