Michael Weatherly Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Michael Manning Weatherly Jr.
Born in: New York City
Famous as: Actor, Director, Producer
father: Michael Manning Weatherly Sr.
children: August Manning Weatherly, Liam Weatherly, Olivia Weatherly
Notable Alumni: Menlo College
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Fairfield Country Day School, Brooks School, Boston University, Menlo College, American University
Michael Manning Weatherly, Jr. is an American actor, director, and producer. He is best recognized for playing Anthony DiNozzo in the series ‘NCIS’ as well as Logan Cale in the drama ‘Dark Angel’. He is also famous for portraying the character of Dr. Jason Bull in his current drama project ‘Bull’. Besides these, the actor has guest-starred in ‘Significant Others’, ‘Jesse’, ‘Major Crimes’, ‘Whose Line is it Anyway?’, ‘Charmed’, ‘The Crow: Stairway to Heaven’, ‘The Cosby Show’ and other TV projects. Weatherly, who plays several instruments including guitar and piano, has also contributed to the songs ‘Under the Sun’ and ‘Bitter and Blue’ for NCIS. In his early career, he had also worked for a band. In addition to his TV roles, the American actor has acted in a number of movies such as ‘Meet Wally Sparks’, ‘The Last Days of Disco’, ‘The Specials’, ‘Her Minor Thing’ and ‘Gun Shy’, to name a few. His contributions to the acting industry have earned him multiple nominations for Saturn Awards, Soap Opera Digest Awards and Teen Choice Awards.
- Michael Weatherly got his first acting role in the 1991 TV drama series ‘The Cosby Show’. He then appeared in the dramas ‘Loving’ and ‘The City’. Then in 1997, he acted in the television movie ‘Asteroid’ as well as in the flick ‘Meet Wally Sparks’. The same year, he guest-starred in an episode of ‘Spy Game’. The following year, the actor played roles in the series ‘Significant Others’ and ‘Jesse’. Around this time, he also got featured in the film ‘The Last Days of Disco’.
- Soon after this, he guest-starred in the dramas ‘Charmed’ and ‘The Crow: Stairway to Heaven’. Weatherly then acted in the movies ‘Gun Shy’ and ‘The Specials’ in 2000. That year, he also joined the cast of ‘Dark Angel’ as ‘Logan Cale’. After this, he played Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo in the series ‘NCIS’. Then in 2005, he appeared in the film ‘Her Minor Thing’.
- From 2012 to 2015, the American star guest-starred in a number of TV programs including ‘Major Crimes’, ‘Whose Line is it Anyway?’, and ‘Hollywood Game Night’ to name a few. In the year 2016, he was cast in the lead role of Dr. Jason Bull in the drama ‘Bull’.
- Michael Weatherly was born as Michael Manning Weatherly, Jr. on July 8, 1968 in New York City, New York, USA, to Patricia O'Hara and Michael Manning Weatherly, Sr. He studied at Fairfield Country Day School and Brooks School. He attended Menlo College, Boston University and American University. However, Weatherly left his college to pursue acting.
- In 1995, the actor married actress Amelia Heinle and had a son with her. After splitting from her in 1997, he started dating actress Jessica Alba. The couple got engaged in 2001. Unfortunately, they ended their relationship in 2003. Weatherly then married Dr. Bojana Janković in 2009. The couple currently lives in Los Angeles with their son and daughter.
Michael Weatherly Movies
1. The Last Days of Disco (1998)
(Romance, Music, Drama, Comedy)
2. The Specials (2000)
(Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comedy, Action)
3. Gun Shy (2000)
(Comedy, Romance, Crime)
4. Her Minor Thing (2005)
5. Meet Wally Sparks (1997)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed