Maryse Ouellet Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Maryse Mizanin
Born Country: Canada
Born in: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Famous as: Wrestler
Spouse/Ex-: Mike Mizanin, The Miz
father: Guy Ouellet
mother: Marjolaine Martin
children: Monroe Sky Mizanin
City: Quebec, Canada
Maryse Ouellet is a Canadian–American professional wrestler, wrestling manager, actor, entrepreneur, reality star, and former model. She is currently signed to ‘World Wrestling Entertainment’ (WWE). She represents the brand 'Raw' and serves as the manager of her husband, Michael Gregory Mizanin, better known as ''The Miz.” Maryse, a former beauty pageant winner, was hired by ‘WWE’ as a trainer. Later, she entered the ring. Often regarded as a crafty and determined contestant, she is one of the top female ‘WWE’ competitors of all time. Maryse is known for her snobbish attitude and her fierce ''French Kiss DDT'' finishing style. She holds the credit of being the first two-time 'Divas Champion' winner and one of the longest-tenured champions in history. Her managerial skills, too, are impeccable. Maryse has also featured in five 'WWE SmackDown'-themed video games. Maryse has forged a career on TV and in films, too. She has now retired from ‘WWE’ as a competitor and works as a realtor. She also owns a jewelry line. Maryse and Miz have a daughter and are expecting their second baby in 2019.
- Maryse Ouellet was born on January 21, 1983, in Montreal, Quebec, and was raised in Edmundston, New Brunswick. She majored in business administration from 'Montmorency de Laval.' Maryse also has a black belt in martial arts.
- Maryse began modeling after winning the 'Miss Hawaiian Tropic Canada' title in 2003 and being crowned the first runner-up at the 'International Finals of Miss Hawaiian Tropic' in 2004. Later, she was featured on 'Playboy' magazine's 2007 'Girls of Canada' calendar cover. However, she had made her film debut much before this, with the 1994 Quebec movie 'Octobre.'
- Maryse began her tryst with wrestling in the middle of 2006, as one of the top eight contestants in the ‘WWE Diva Search,' but got eliminated later. Despite this, she joined ‘WWE,’ but as the fitness and training facility observer at its developmental territory 'Ohio Valley Wrestling' (OVW). She signed an official ‘WWE’ developmental contract on August 24, 2007, as an ‘OVW’ trainer.
- The ‘OVW’ live event in December 2006 marked Maryse's in-ring debut. In March the following year, she started wrestling in dark matches. A few months later, Maryse became the manager of Canadian professional wrestler Sylvain Grenier. Around the same time, she made her TV debut with an episode of 'WWE Raw,' where she unveiled the music video for Timbaland's single 'Throw It on Me,' featuring her.
- In September 2007, Maryse entered 'Florida Championship Wrestling' as wrestler Ryan O'Reilly's valet. Shortly after that, she started competing in singles and tag-team competitions. She became Ted DiBiase, Jr.'s manager in December 2007.
- Maryse’s snobbish and villainous image became prominent after her brawl with Eve Torres in a 2008 episode of 'SmackDown,' making her the first wrestler to be eliminated from the swimsuit competition.
- Maryse lost to her rival, Michelle McCool, twice in September 2008, but she registered a victory against McCool in a non-title match. Maryse resumed after a short break, with the 'Survivor Series' pay-per-view event in November. She was the only survivor from her team in the five-on-five 'Divas Championship’ elimination tag-team match. However, she finally lost to Beth Phoenix.
- On December 19, 2008, Maryse became the number one contender for Michelle McCool's 'Divas Championship.' She won her first 'Divas Championship' the following week on 'SmackDown. She had a minor knee injury on December 28, at a house show in Raleigh, North Carolina, and went on a break.
- Upon her return to the ring on February 2009, Maryse and her partner, McCool, defeated Maria and Eve Torres. She made her debut as a 'Raw' commentator in March and then made her 'Raw' in-ring debut in a “champion versus champion match,” which she won. The same month, Maryse got her first championship defense in 'SmackDown.' However, she was later disqualified. Her victory against Gail Kim on April 24 marked her last 'SmackDown' appearance.
- On April 27, 2009, Maryse debuted as part of the brand 'Raw' but with a loss, after which she underwent a legitimate knee surgery. She made a return in November, with a Thanksgiving-themed 6-'Divas' tag-team match of 'Raw,' as the guest timekeeper.
- In 2010, Maryse became the first ''Diva'' to have held the 'WWE Divas Championship' title twice, after defeating Kim in the finals. However, on June 20, Maryse failed to regain the title in a 'Fatal Four-Way' match. Maryse then began co-hosting 'NXT,' alongside Matt Striker. She suffered an abdominal hernia surgery in August. She then took a break from ‘WWE.’ Two months later, she was released from the ‘WWE ‘contract.
- Following her ‘WWE’ retirement in 2011, Maryse ventured into her clothing and jewelry line named 'House of Maryse.' Simultaneously, she stepped into live commentary for the 'Family Wrestling Entertainment' women's matches. Next, Maryse became a licensed realtor in Los Angeles.
- In 2015, Maryse appeared in the films 'Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!' and 'Santa's Little Helper.' She also appeared in the 'E!' reality 'WAGS.' The following year, Maryse's return to ‘WWE’ was suggested with the announcement of her joining the cast of the sixth season of 'Total Divas.'
- Maryse returned to ‘WWE’ in April 2016, during a 'WWE Intercontinental Championship,' to help her husband, Miz, win matches. Meanwhile, she took a break to shoot for a ‘WWE’ film. Maryse was seen again on ‘WWE’
- TV projects in June, helping Miz retain his championship against Kane by faking an ankle injury.
- In July 2016, Maryse was drafted to 'SmackDown’ as part of the 2016 ‘WWE’ draft. She made her first appearance for the brand on July 26 and co-hosted the 'Miz TV' segment along with her husband. The couple was then drafted to 'Raw' for 'Superstar Shake Up.' They then made their debut on the show. In September that year, Maryse quit TV due to her pregnancy.
- On January 22, 2018, Maryse earned an honorable mention in the 'Raw' silver jubilee special episode, featuring the women legends of the franchise and their contribution to 'Raw's success. In July, she became Miz's manager upon her return to 'SmackDown.'
- Maryse resumed wrestling after the birth of her baby, in the eleventh edition of 'SmackDown Live,' which was also her first singles match in over 8 years. Unfortunately, she was disqualified and thus lost against Brie Bella. It has been her last TV appearance until now.
- Maryse and Mike Mizanin got engaged in 2013. They had a wedding in the Bahamas on February 20, 2014. The two have a daughter named Monroe Sky Mizanin, born on March 27, 2018. Maryse's second baby is scheduled to be delivered in September 2019, as announced on February 17, 2019.
- During her stint in 'NXT Redemption,' Maryse was dragged into a few dating rumors, most prominently with Yoshi Tatsu, Lucky Cannon, and Hornswoggle.
- Maryse is highly inspired by professional wrestler Lita. She wishes to compete against Lita and Victoria someday.
- Maryse received her American citizenship on June 27, 2018.
- She was the only girl in her high-school class. Back then, she would organize fashion shows. She also started developing a range of makeup products.
- Maryse's first language is French. She is vegetarian and an animal rights activist.
- She supports LGBT rights and has posed for the ‘NOH8 Campaign,’ a charity working for the LGBT community.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed