Mackenzie Ziegler Biography
Nick Name: Mac Z, Kenzie Boo
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Famous as: Dancer, Singer, Actress, Model
father: Kurt Ziegler
mother: Melissa Ziegler-Gisoni
siblings: Madison, Matthew, Michelle, Ryan, Tyler
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
When it comes to American child celebrities, Mackenzie Frances Ziegler aka Mackenzie Ziegler is a popular name. She became a celebrity when she was as little as 7 years of age. In 2011, she took part in the Lifetime’s reality show ‘Dance Moms’ along with her elder sister Maddie and mother Melissa. This was the beginning of her career as a dancer. Being the youngest in the trio she was often instructed to follow the steps of her sister but her magic on the dance floor at such a young age stole the hearts of millions. She also got a national title for her solo performance in the Season 2 finale of the show. Mackenzie is a multi-talented girl and she did not keep herself restricted only within the limits of dancing. She came out with her solo music Album, ‘Mac Z’, in 2014. She has also been into the arena of acting and was cast in sitcoms like Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn along with other television programs. She also took up the challenge of modeling for Polo Ralph Lauren. Currently, this child dancer, singer, actor and model enjoys a huge following on her social media accounts. She is also related with philanthropic activities at such an early age.
- Mackenzie Ziegler started her career in 2011, when she first appeared in the Lifetime’s hit reality TV show “Dance Moms”. She continued on the show, along with her elder sister Maddie and mother Melissa for the next 6 seasons but in 2016 she left the show, along with her family, for pursuing other projects. She also took part in the sister shows of ‘Dance Moms’ such as Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition.
- In 2014, for the first time, Mackenzie came out as a singer. Her debut album Mack Z ranked #1 on the pop charts of iTunes and reached the #7 rank according to album sales chart. The music video, for the lead single of her album, “Girl Party” got huge popularity and millions of views. She continued releasing her videos and singles in 2015 and 2016 as well. In 2016, Mackenzie Ziegler released a music video, titled “Day & Night” with singer Johnny Orlando.
- In 2015, Ziegler made her acting debut on Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn. She also appeared in a bunch of Talk shows, like The Today Show and in a WowWee commercial. Her modeling career took off in 2015 with Mackenzie walking the Polo Ralph Lauren Runway. She also became the face for a number of promotional campaigns of different brands in 2016. Mackenzie released a tee-shirt line named Tee4Too in 2016 and in 2017 she was named brand ambassador for the Emily West girls’ fashion line.
- Mackenzie Ziegler has earned fame at an early age but her childhood was not really very smooth. She was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on 4 June 2004. Her parents Melissa Ziegler-Gisoni and Kurt Ziegler had to go through the turmoil of a bankruptcy when Mackenzie was still a baby. In 2009, her parents went through a divorce. However, she always had her elder sister Maddie Ziegler, who is also a dancer and actor, by her side. Her mother Melissa also ensured that the turmoil of her personal life did not touch her daughters.
- Following the footsteps of her elder sister, Mackenzie has been taking voice lessons since she was only two and half years old. She started dancing with the Abby Lee Dance Company when she was just two. In her own words, Maddie is a big inspiration to her and she looks up to her for everything. Apart from Maddie, Mackenzie also has two older paternal half-brothers, Tyler and Ryan. Matthew and Michelle are her older step-siblings.
- Mackenzie currently lives in Murrysville with her mother and step-dad. Her mother Melissa got remarried in 2013 with her present husband. Mackenzie has taken part in philanthropic activities from a very young age, along with her sister and mother. She has partnered with foundations to raise awareness about childhood cancer. She has also been placed in the list of charitable young celebrities, 2016 by DoSomething.org.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed