Maddie Ziegler Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Madison Nicole Ziegler
Born in: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Famous as: Dancer, Actress, Model
father: Kurt Ziegler
mother: Melissa Ziegler-Gisoni
siblings: Mackenzie, Mathew, Michele, Ryan, Tyler
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Very few people are blessed with multiple talents at a very young age. Being good in multiple things enables them to achieve stardom at an early age. Once such talented personality who became a childhood star is Maddie Ziegler. She started her career as a dancer. She started dancing at a young age and participated in the local and regional dance competitions. She even won some awards in these competitions. Getting noticed for her talent in dance, she started to get offers in some television programs. In the year 2010, she was cast in a television series ‘Live to Dance’ created by Paula Abdul. In the year 2011, Maddie Ziegler and her mother starred in a television dance program called Lifetime’s ‘Dance Moms.’ The program brought Maddie Ziegler as lot of fame when she stood out as the top performer in that Lifetime reality series. It was a reality television show about young and talented kids and their troublesome mothers who often quarreled. She also got chances to appear as a guest star in certain television programs like Abby’s ‘Ultimate Dance Competition.’ By the time she reached the age of eight, she started to get offers in other kinds of television programs as well.
- While her excellent performance in ‘Dance Moms’ solidified her performance as an outstanding dancer, her performance in other television series brought her more fame. In the year 2012, Maddie Ziegler managed to get her first professional acting job when she starred as Young Deb in the episode of a Lifetime series ‘Drop Dead Diva.’ Her performance was widely applauded. After that she got some guest roles in TV series like ‘HitStreak Summer’, ‘Austin & Ally’, and ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ After her critical rise in television programming, Maddie Ziegler set her sight on mainstream movies. She acted in some movies like ‘Ballerina’ and ‘The Book of Henry’ (to be released in 2017). With continued success as a dancer and actor in both television and movies, she became a youth icon followed by millions of American teenagers.
- The fame she achieved at a young age made her a star even on the social media channels. She has accounts in social media channels like Instagram and Twitter. Her Instagram had a total of 8.4 million followers and Twitter account had 1.1 million followers as of November 2016, making her one of the most followed young stars in USA.
- The fame of Maddie Ziegler shot up even further when she was rated as one of the "30 most influential teens” by the ‘Time’ magazine for two consecutive years, 2015 and 2016.
- The one big factor that makes Maddie Ziegler so special at such a young age is her multiple talents. Many media outlets have commented on her exceptional dancing skills. The famous British daily ‘The Guardian’ commented that she dances with ‘impressive flexibility’. Beyond this, her involvement in charity activities at a tender age too has made her very special in the eyes of her fans.
- Maddie Ziegler’s career has been free from any major controversy. But she once said that she has a celebrity crush on Zac Afron. She has participated in a number of philanthropic activities to use her fame for the common good. She partnered with the Starlight Children’s Foundation in order to raise awareness regarding the youth who are chronically ill. Ziegler has also performed in some events organized by charitable organizations in the USA like Dizzy Feet Foundation to raise funds to help low-income kids in USA to enroll themselves in dance schools.
- Maddie Ziegler’s family is of Polish, Irish, and Italian descent. She got good encouragement from her family from a very young age. By the time Ziegler reached the age of 10, the financial stress resulting from the Ziegler family’s interest in dance took a heavy toll on her parents’ marriage. The stress on the family ultimately led to their divorce in the year 2011. Ziegler’s mother later married another person. The divorce of her parents impacted the performance of Maddie Ziegler for a certain period. However, she eventually recovered from her family crisis and started giving good performances again.
- Before she became famous she dreamed of performing on the Broadway as a dancer or a choreographer.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed