Lee Felix Biography
Lee Felix (Korean name Lee Yong-bok) is a Korean pop singer presently affiliated with the K-pop boy band 'Stray Kids'. Known by the mononym Felix, he serves as their lead dancer and rapper. His parents are Korean but he was born and raised in Australia. He even attended high school in Sydney before moving to South Korea. He participated in the reality TV show, ‘Stray Kids,’ which premiered on Mnet in October 2017. Created by JYP Entertainment in order to launch a male idol debut project, the show quickly garnered public attention. In October 2017, Stray Kids’ first single, titled ‘Hellevator,’ was released. However, Felix and one other member of the group, Lee Know, were subsequently removed from the show. They would later be brought back as Stray Kids ended up retaining all its nine original members in the final line-up. After releasing their pre-debut extended play ‘Mixtape’ in January 2018, they made their official debut in March that year. The group has since released three more EPs, several singles, and multiple music videos. In 2018, Felix and his group received the New Hallyu Rookie Award at the Soribada Best K-Music Awards.
- After Felix was accepted as a trainee at JYP Entertainment (JYPE), he decided to relocate to South Korea. In August 2017, JYPE announced their new reality TV show. They revealed that this show had been created with the aim to introduce a male idol debut project. In the following two months, multiple details and teasers were put out. Soon enough, the name of the show was also released and it turned out to be ‘Stray Kids’. Sometime prior to the premiere of the show, Stray Kids’ first single, ‘Hellevator’ was released. The show debuted on Mnet on 17 October to positive responses. On December 5, Felix was eliminated from the show on episode eight. Know had been previously eliminated on episode four. However, they both were brought back on episode nine. Eventually, all the nine original members made it to the final roster of Stray Kids, the group. ‘Stray Kids’, the show, aired its final episode on 19 December. Besides Felix and Know, the other members of the group are Bang Chan, Kim Woo-jin, Seo Chang-bin, Hwang Hyun-jin, Han Ji-sung, Kim Seung-min, and Yang Jeong-in.
- Subsequently, an official website was set up for Stray Kids and they released their pre-debut EP ‘Mixtape’ on January 8, 2018. It peaked at number two on the Gaon Album Chart as well as on the US World Albums Chart. On 25 March, the group hosted their first showcase, called ‘Stray Kids Unveil (Op. 01: I Am Not)’, at Jangchung Arena. The boy band was officially launched a day later, on 26 March, with the release of the EP, ‘I Am Not’. It opened at the number four spot on the Gaon Album chart and in March, the group was able to sell more than 54,000 physical copies of it.
- Stray Kids performed outside South Korea for the first time when they were featured at the KCON Japan 2018 on 14 April. They held their second showcase ‘Stray Kids Unveil (Op. 02: I Am Who)’ on 5 August at Kyung Hee University's Grand Peace Palace. ‘I Am Who’, their second EP since formation and third EP overall, was released on the following day. It reached the third spot on the Gaon Album chart and sold over 80,000 thousand copies in Korea. It also reached the fifth spot on the US World chart.
- On October 21, 2018, Stray Kids hosted their third showcase, called ‘Stray Kids Unveil (Op. 03: I Am You)’, at Olympic Hall. A day later, they put out their fourth EP overall, titled ‘I Am You’. It peaked at the number two spot on Gaon Album Chart.
- Besides their own self-titled reality series, the boys from Stray Kids have also made appearances in shows like ‘The 9th’, ‘Stray Kids Amigo TV’, and ‘Stray Directors’. In 2018, Felix and the rest of the group starred in the drama ‘First Day of Becoming a JYP Trainee’.
- Felix was born on September 15, 2000, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. He has two sisters, one older, Rachel or Jisue Lee, and one younger, Olivia. He attended St Patrick’s Marist College, a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school situated in the Dundas suburb of Sydney. Felix himself is a Catholic. He has been interested in music and performing since he was a child. He can play the piano. Felix has been inspired by BIGBANG‘s G-Dragon.
- Felix is a taekwondo practitioner and has won numerous awards in the sport. According to his bandmates, he has several nicknames, including Bbijikseu, Bbajikseu, Bbujikseu, and Jikseu. Having spent a considerable period of his life in Australia, Felix is quite fluent in English. He has revealed that his favourite sport is soccer.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed