Hirai Momo Biography
Hirai Momo, also popular as just Momo, is a Japanese singer and dancer. She is best known as a member of the K-pop group, ‘Twice,’ where she performs as the main dancer, supporting vocalist, and sub-rapper. Extremely talented, Momo began dancing at the age of three, following in the footsteps of her elder sister. She also started singing at this age and got into K-pop music after watching Lee Hyori and Rain. She then went on to participate in the reality TV show ‘Sixteen’ and later joined ‘Twice’. Since then, Momo has released a number of songs. She has also appeared in numerous music videos, the popular ones being GOT7’s "Stop Stop It” and Park Jin Young’s "Fire," featuring Conan O'Brien, Jimin Park, and Steven Yeun. Behind the scenes, Momo is a down-to-earth woman. She is humble and hardworking. Even though her parents did not like her career choice initially, they eventually decided to support her ambitions.
- Hirai Momo was scouted by JYP Entertainment after the company’s executives saw a dance video of her with her elder sister. She then went for an audition and was selected. Subsequently, Momo moved to South Korea for her training, eventually becoming a K-pop idol. In 2014, she was featured in GOT7's music video for "Stop Stop It" as well as in Junho's "Feel". A year later, she appeared in Miss A's "Only You” and Wooyoung’s "R.O.S.E”. Also in 2015, Momo participated in the reality show ‘Sixteen’. Although she was eliminated in the 6th episode, she was later brought back in the series’ finale.
- After forming the group ‘Twice’ alongside Chou Tzu-yu, Kim Dahyun and Son Chae-young, Momo and her band released their debut mini-album titled ‘The Story Begins’ in 2015. Since then, the Japanese singer has been serving as a vocalist and dancer in the group.
- In the fall of 2016, Min Kyung-hoon and Kim Hee-chul released a digital single called "Sweet Dream.” The music video for the song starred Hirai Momo. That year, Momo also appeared in the music video for Park Jin Young’s "Fire" that featured her and fellow artistes Jimin Park, Conan O'Brien, and Steven Yeun.
- Hirai Momo was born on November 9, 1996 in Kyoto, Japan. Her name means “peach” in the Japanese language. She has an elder sister whose name is Hana Hirai. Both Momo and her sister auditioned for JYP Entertainment on April 13, 2012. However, she was the only one who made it.
- Momo is the most confident in dancing to urban music. She is also good at dancing to hip hop songs. She was part of a dance group called “Barbie” in her third grade. Throughout her young life, Momo trained at Step Out Dance Studio. Her parents were initially against her career choice.
- Information regarding her love life is not available. Her favorite activities are watching dramas, weight training, listening to music, and eating. Momo likes dolls and stuffed toys. Despite being allergic to dogs, she has three pet dogs named Pudding, Petco, and Lucky.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed