Kim Sears Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Kim Sears Murray
Born in: Barcombe
Famous as: Artist
Height: 1.73 m
Spouse/Ex-: Andy Murray (m. 2015)
father: Nigel Sears
mother: Leonore Sears
children: Sophia Olivia Murray
Kim Sears is a British artist. She is the daughter of tennis coach Nigel Sears and the wife of British professional tennis player Andy Murray. She is known for her paintings, portraits, and other forms of illustrations that majorly display her love for animals. Kim owns a website where she promotes her artwork. Kim also works for animal protection through her philanthropic endeavors. She has also authored a book on pet animals, primarily inspired by one of her pets. Kim and her husband, Andy, are blessed with two lovely daughters.
- Kim was born on October 10, 1987, in Barcombe, an East Sussex village in England, to British tennis coach Nigel Sears and his wife, Leonore Sears. Kim’s brother, Scott Sears, began his career as a junior tennis player but failed to make a mark. He later joined the 'Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.’
- Kim attended the 'Burgess Hill School' and studied art for most of her school years. A meritorious student, Kim scored an 'A' in music, drama, and art in her A-levels. She then attended 'Sussex University' and majored in English literature. While studying, Kim also worked at a shop in Brighton to support her finances.
- Following her graduation, she struggled for about 2 years to find a suitable job due to the recession at that time. She initially concentrated on retail-sector jobs. However, she later realized that her true forte lay in arts.
- Kim is a perfect example of a combination of an artistic mind and a caring heart. Her art reflects her love for animals, especially dogs. She also trades her paintings.
- Kim is known for her animal portraits. She mostly paints pictures of her family pets, including her own two dogs. Kim creates still-life portraits and paints portraits of people, too. Kim owns a website where she blogs and showcases and promotes her artwork. She also posts her paintings on her ‘Instagram’ account, '@brushesandpaws.' Some of her notable artworks are ‘Monty,' 'Stroppy Cow,' and a 4-foot-wide portrait of a young Hungarian Vizsla. The last work was a wedding present. Kim has created a 6-foot-by-4-foot painting of her two Border Terriers, namely, Maggie Mayhem and Rusty Rascal. Maggie was gifted to Kim on her 21st birthday by her then-boyfriend, Andy Murray.
- In 2012, Kim went to the 'Royal Academy' to attend a David Hockney exhibition named 'A Bigger Picture.' She was inspired to see the paintings drawn on an iPad. Kim loved the beautiful amalgamation of art and technology and decided to experiment with the technique. She then drew a portrait of a spaniel, which marked her first digitally created artwork. Kim usually turns photographs clicked by her into portraits.
- Kim has authored a book titled 'How to Look after Your Humans: A Dog’s Guide.' The book is heavily inspired by her owns experiences with Maggie. She wishes to write more books on the well-being of animals. In 2014, Kim participated in a marathon and raised £13,251.53 for 'Malaria No More,' a non-profit organization that works to end the hazardous disease malaria. Apart from focusing on her artwork, Kim is also working on her animal-rehabilitation plans.
- She has contributed a lot for the well-being of animals and is now regarded as one of the best pet therapists of her time.
- Kim is married to popular tennis star Andy Murray. She was just 17 when she first met Andy at the 'US Summer Open' in New York in August 2005. The two were introduced to each other by Kim’s father. Some sources claim that it took some time for Andy to woo her love interest.
- While they dated, Kim and Andy always kept their relation away from the media spotlight. Their affair grabbed media headlines after Andy won his first tournament (the 'SAP Open') in 2006. The winning match was held in San Jose, California, and Andy had jumped over an advertising hoarding to kiss Kim as a gesture to celebrate the victory. In 2008, Andy and Kim moved in together in an apartment in southwest London. The same year, in June, Kim gave Andy a makeover by changing his hairstyle. Andy’s mother later praised Kim for the gesture. In May 2009, the lovebirds moved to a six-bedroom home in Oxshott, Surrey, bought by Andy for £5million. Unfortunately, they broke up a few months later.
- In November 2009, Kim and Andy announced their break-up, and she moved back to her parents with Maggie. Reports suggested that the break-up was an amicable one. However, no specific reason was given. Sources indicated Andy’s addiction to video games and his inability to spend enough time with Kim were the prime reasons for the break-up.
- A few months later, in April 2010, Kim and Andy reconciled their differences and moved in together again. Andy later acknowledged that he was grateful to have Kim in his life and also stated that his tennis performances were hampered during their split. After dating for 9 years, Andy and Kim got engaged in November 2014. They revealed the news after a week of the engagement.
- The two finally got married on April 11, 2015, at the ‘Dunblane Cathedral.’ The wedding was followed by a reception held at Andy’s 'Cromlix House' hotel. Their first child, their daughter Sophia Olivia, was born in February 2016.
- In July 2017, the power couple announced Kim’s second pregnancy. On November 8, 2017, Kim delivered another baby girl. About 10 months later, Kim and Andy revealed their younger daughter’s name, Edie. Kim and Andy now live in Oxshott, Surrey.
- In January 2015, Kim was criticized when one of the cameras caught her mouthing a few profane words during Andy’s semifinal match against Tomáš Berdych in the 'Australian Open.' Kim also received support for her act from people who claimed that women are allowed to swear as much as men. In Andy’s next match, as a response to her critics, Kim wore a graphic T-shirt with the words "parental advisory" written on it.
- Kim is often compared to Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge. The two women have a lot of things in common. Both of them are fashion icons. Like the British royal couple, Kim and Andy, too, had a long courtship period. Both, Kate and Kim were meritorious students and were active in sports.
- Kim is known for her impeccable dress sense, and she is always dressed perfectly at every 'Wimbledon' match she attends. 'The Telegraph' once claimed that Kim had redefined fashion for 'WAGs' (wives and girlfriends). Kim is regularly seen on the front rows at the 'London Fashion Week,' and her hairstyles are also a hot topic. A 'Twitter' fan account titled 'Kim Sears' Hair' is dedicated to her hair.
- Apart from dogs and art, Kim loves tea, chocolate biscuits, and classic FM. Jilly Cooper is her all-time favorite author. In addition to two Border Terriers, she owns horses and cats, too. She loves to bake and makes delicious cupcakes.
- Kim’s artistic skill is not confined to portraits and paints but also extends to interior designing. She designed the interiors of the apartment in Oxshott, Surrey, which she shares with Andy. Her refined taste in interior designing was evident from the classy interiors of her wedding venue, Andy’s family hotel, 'Cromlix House.'
- Kim and English TV presenter, model, and brand ambassador Holly Willoughby attended the same school in Sussex, though the latter was senior to Kim.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed