Pamelyn Ferdin Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Pamelyn Wanda Ferdin
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Actress, Animal Rights Activist
Spouse/Ex-: Jerry Vlasak (m. 1986–2008)
siblings: Wendy Ferdin
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Herbert Hoover High School
Pamelyn Wanda Ferdin is an American former actress, public relations director, and animal rights activist. As an actress she has appeared in numerous TV series and films till date. She appeared in the lead roles in the drama series ‘Lassie’, ‘Space Academy’ and ‘The Paul Lynde Show’. On the big screen, the actress has acted in the movies 'The Reluctant Astronaut', 'The Beguiled', 'The Mephisto Waltz' and 'The Toolbox Murders'. Ferdin has also worked as a voice actress and had gained fame for voicing Precocia and Sally Murphy in the television series ‘The Roman Holidays’ and ‘Sealab 2020’ respectively. She provided her voice to the characters of Kathy Day and Shelley Kelley in dramas ‘These Are the Days’ and ‘Detention’ respectively. In addition, she had guest roles in the shows ‘The Littlest Hobo’, ‘The Andy Griffith Show’, ‘Branded’, ‘Family Affair’, ‘The Second Hundred Years’, ‘Gunsmoke’, ‘The Flying Nun’, ‘Mannix’ and ‘Night Gallery’, to name a few. Ferdin, who served as a public relations director in the 1990s, is a keen animal activist and is associated with several organizations.
- Pamelyn Ferdin first appeared in the 1964 flick ‘What a Way to Go!’ at age four. The same year, she guest-starred in the drama ‘The Littlest Hobo’. She then appeared in ‘The John Forsythe Show’. After guest-starring in ‘Family Affair’ in 1966, she did the TV film ‘Valley of Mystery’ the following year. The American actress was then cast as Cookie Bumstead in the series ‘Blondie’. She voiced Lucy van Pelt in the flick ‘A Boy Named Charlie Brown’ in 1969.
- Two years later, Ferdin got featured in the movies ‘The Beguiled’, ‘The Mephisto Waltz’, ‘What's the Matter with Helen’ and ‘Happy Birthday, Wanda June’. Soon after this, she did voice work for the shows ‘The Roman Holidays’, ‘Sealab 2020’ and ‘The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie’. From 1972 to 1973, she portrayed the character of Sally Simms in ‘The Paul Lynde Show’. During this time, she also played Lucy Baker in the drama ‘Lassie’.
- Ferdin played a voice role in the series ‘These Are the Days’ in 1974. Two years later, she guest-starred in the show ‘The Streets of San Francisco’. Then after playing a main role in the drama ‘Space Academy’ in 1977, she did the flick ‘The Toolbox Murders’. In 1999, the actress voiced Shelley Kelley in ‘Detention’. Ten years later, she voiced Christmas the Horse in the TV film ‘Elf Sparkle Meets Christmas the Horse’.
- After leaving the job of a public relations director in the mid-1990s, Ferdin started working for New York City’s Center for Animal Care and Control. In August 2004, she accepted the presidency of the Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC). Two years later, she was sentenced to 90 days in prison for trespassing as well as for “targeted demonstration” outside the house of a worker of Los Angeles Department of Animal Services. In 2008, Ferdin was convicted of contempt of court after violating an injunction.
- Pamelyn Ferdin was born as Pamelyn Wanda Ferdin on February 4, 1959, in Los Angeles, California, United States. She attended Herbert Hoover High School. Coming to her love life, she was previously married to surgeon Jerry Vlasak.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed