Kid Rock is a successful musician of America. Some of his well known albums include ‘The Polyfuze Method’ and ‘Devil Without a Cause’. His musical compositions contain different musical styles like heavy metal, country rock, rap rock and Midwest hip hop. Previously, he used to perform as DJ at several parties. His deep interest towards rap music since his childhood played a significant role in determining his career in musical arena. He recorded his debut album ‘Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast’ with Jive Records. His next album ‘The Polyfuze Method’ with Continuum Records created much uproar for one of its song titled ‘Balls In Your Mouth’. His album ‘Fire It Up’ endeavoured to represent country music in his distinctive style. His album ‘Devil Without a Cause’ was his initiative to represent road ballad through his musical creation. One of its singles titled ‘Bawitdaba’ earned this album its due recognition. The song ‘Forever’ from the album ‘Cocky’ was his message to his critics who considered his musical composition as inferior. His album ‘Kid Rock’ is named as one of the 50 Greatest Albums of 2003 by “Rolling Stone Magazine”. This five time Grammy Award nominee has played an active role in social service through his involvement with Operation Homefront, a non-profit organization.
- Born as Robert James Ritchie in Romeo, Michigan, U.S., Kid Rock is the son of William Ritchie who worked as a car dealer and Susan Ritchie. He has two sisters and a brother.He was interested in rap music since his childhood. At that time, he learnt the art of break dance and took part in various talent hunt shows in Detroit.While attending Romeo High School, he acted as DJ at several parties. To perform at basement parties, he joined Bo Wisdom of Groove Time Productions in Michigan. It was this time, when he started adopting the name Kid Rock.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After watching his remarkable performance as part of hip-hop group Boogie Down Productions, Jive Records signed a contract with him for an album. In 1990, his first album ‘Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast’ appeared.After leaving Jive Records, he moved to Brooklyn and started working with Continuum Records. In 1993, his album ‘The Polyfuze Method’ appeared. Though the album received praise for its distinctive musical style, yet some critics criticized this album for one of its song ‘Balls In Your Mouth’.In 1996, he released his album titled ‘Early Mornin’ Stoned Pimp’ on his own label, Top Dog Records. At that time, he formed his own band, Twisted Brown Trucker.Next, with Atlantic Records, he released his fourth album ‘Devil Without a Cause’ in 1998. In this context, the name of his song ‘Only God Knows Why’ deserves special mention for its representation of road ballad.In the same year, he performed on ‘MTV Fashionably Loud’ in Miami. Later, with the help of MTV, he made a second single and video ‘Bawitdaba’ of ‘Devil Without a Cause’ album .Later, his single ‘Cowboy’ also received huge success after its release and featured in the list of Top 40. In 2000 he joined the Summer Sanitarium Tour together with bands like Powerman 5000, System of a Down and Metallica.His first live album ‘Live Trucker’ appeared in 2006. In the same year, along with Bob Seger, he made ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Never Forgets’. He also made a guest appearance in the film ‘Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector’.Continue Reading BelowIn 2010, he released ‘Born Free’ , one of his successful albums. In the following year, the release of his album ‘Care’ was a protest on political activities of America. His new album ‘Rebel Soul’ appeared in 2012.Major Works
- He released his album ‘The Polyfuze Method’ with Continuum Records in 1993. Some of its singles include ‘Back From The Dead’, ‘U Don’t Know Me’ and ‘Prodigal Son’ that show his ability to use more advanced form of rap music.Besides containing the controversial songs like ‘ Balls In Your Mouth’, this album possesses songs like ‘My Oedipus Complex’, notable for its mature content that he composed in memory of his estranged father.He released his extended play ‘Fire It Up’ in 1993. It contains some of his memorable songs like ‘I Am the Bulldog’. ‘Fire It Up’ marked his first attempt to perform country music.He released his compilation album ‘The History of Rock’ in 2000. Besides some new songs, this album includes some of his previous songs from ‘The Polyfuze Method’ and ‘Early Mornin’ Stoned Pimp’.In 2001, he released his album ‘Cocky’ with Atlantic Records. This album denotes his success as a southern rock music composer. Millions of copies of this studio album were sold in the US.In 2003, he released his album ‘Kid Rock’ that contains praiseworthy songs like ‘Cold and Empty’ and ‘Rock n Roll Pain Train’. The song ‘I Am’ expresses his view about his own freedom both as an American and an artist.The album’s emotional song ‘Single Father’ is his attempt to express his love towards his son. Moreover, this song denotes his grief for going through lots of difficulties for being a single father.Personal Life & Legacy
- He has a son, Robert Jr., from a previous relationship. In 2002, he and actress Pamela Anderson were engaged. Later the engagement was postponed. In July 2006, they got married when the news of Pamela’s pregnancy was revealed. He divorced Pamela after five months of their marriage.Trivia
- This influential music composer went through legal difficulties for several occasions. Police detained him in 2005, for punching DJ Jay Campos in a strip club.
How To CiteArticle Title- Kid Rock BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kid-rock-3458.phpLast Updated- September 28, 2017
People Also Viewed