John Edward Thomas Moynahan Biography
John Edward Thomas Moynahan is the son of Irish–American actor and model Bridget Moynahan and her former boyfriend, 'National Football League' (NFL) quarterback Tom Brady. Also known as Jack, John was born after his parents had already separated. Bridget and Tom broke up in 2006, and the news of her pregnancy surfaced in February 2007. The news had a devastating effect on Tom’s relationship with his then-girlfriend (now wife), supermodel Gisele Bündchen. Nonetheless, the two reconciled eventually, and Bündchen accepted Bridget’s child wholeheartedly. John is being raised by Bridget, who is now married to a business tycoon. However, he spends a lot of time with his father, stepmother, and two stepsiblings.
- John’s parents, Bridget and Tom, began dating in 2004. Everything was fine between them in the initial days of their relationship. However, things fell apart after a while, and they decided to end their almost 3-year-old relationship. In December 2006, Bridget’s representative confirmed the news of their split to 'People.' The representative added that it was an amicable split. On February 18, 2007, the representative announced Bridget’s pregnancy of more than 3 months and stated that she was carrying Tom’s child.
- Soon after breaking up with Bridget, Tom began dating Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen. Their relationship was in its nascent stage when Bridget’s pregnancy was revealed. The news affected Tom’s dynamics with Bündchen. In her book titled 'Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life,' Bündchen had mentioned how she had felt after knowing about Bridget’s pregnancy. According to Bündchen, her “…world had been turned upside down.” Gisele and Tom had also considered breaking up. Fortunately, that did not happen, and Bündchen eventually accepted the fact. She later became so attached to Bridget’s child that she made a statement saying the child was almost “100 percent” hers. She added that she was unaffected by the fact that John was delivered by some other woman.
- Despite the kind of equation the two women share because of Tom, Bridget and Bündchen continue to be on friendly terms. They are often clicked together when Bridget takes John to visit Tom. The two women have set an excellent example of co-parenting.
- John was born on August 22, 2007, at 'Saint John's Health Center' in Santa Monica, California. In July 2008, Bridget stated that she wished to raise John as a single mother. Later, in an interview given to 'More,’ a women’s lifestyle magazine, in 2011, she revealed that Tom was present when she was in labor.
- Bündchen, too, shared her joy on John’s birth. She referred the baby as a "huge gift and blessing” in her life and acknowledged his crucial role in her family plans with Tom. Bündchen wanted John to have siblings as soon as possible. John’s stepbrother and Tom and Bündchen’s first child, Benjamin Rein, was born in December 2009. Tom and Bündchen’s daughter, Vivian Lake, was born in December 2012.
- Tom and Bündchen finally got married in February 2009. John’s mother, too, moved on and began dating director, producer, and former record producer Joseph McGinty Nichol, better known as “McG,” in late 2010. They first met on an airplane. However, the relationship did not work out, and Bridget married business tycoon Andrew Frankel on October 17, 2015, in the Hamptons. They do not have any child yet.
- Tom and John are often seen spending time together. In June 2017, the father–son duo toured Asia. John participated in Tom’s American football clinic in Tokyo and showed off some of his football skills. Tom later stated in an interview to 'WEEI,' a sports radio station, that he would never stop John from pursuing his dreams and that he would allow him to choose his career. Tom revealed to ‘People’ that John was a soccer fan and wanted to be an ‘Olympic’ goalkeeper. In 2017, Bridget appeared in an episode of ‘Live with Kelly' and spoke about John’s uncertainty regarding his career options. John also wishes to win a gold medal in swimming someday.
- Although Bridget is raising John as a single mother, she regularly updates Tom about his progress in academics and other spheres. They exchange emails, sharing updates about John. Bridget once revealed about one such email where she had informed Tom about John winning a reading award.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed